Bertie Ahern blames Brian Cowen

darkknight

“At any time, had they come in and put the doomsday message, I think we could have done a lot of things. But there was no sense, I can tell you, of that. I mean, there wasn’t one meeting with the Central Bank guys, not one meeting where they were putting the red lights on. Not one meeting. And never did Brian Cowen or the financial officials come over to me to say that the whole thing, the bottom, was going to fall out.”
from interview for a new book by David J Lynch, quoted in the Dail yesterday by Joan Burton

cozzy121

That treacherous little scumbag.

He stabbed Albert in the back and now is kicking the weak-willed drunkard while he's down.

Super8

from interview for a new book by David J Lynch, quoted in the Dail yesterday by Joan Burton
Bertie: I'm going to slate in an interview ok?
Cowen: Anything for the Aras Bertie, no problem
Bertie: All in the game Brian, we always win it anyway.
Cowen: Pint later?
Bertie: You're buying
Cowen: Heh, we never buy.

ManfredJudge

Just goes to show that Bertie remains in touch with the common people.:p Now wonder the NOTW wanted him as a columnist!:p

News of the World available in all newsagents this coming Sunday going forward

MPB

The Cowards are trying to throw each other to the wolves.

It is everyman for himself in FF now.

fed up with the bs

Bertie has some cheek, he sold us a long time ago to the likes of Shell.

What is being done about Bertie's corruption? ************************ ALL

goosebump

The venal sin of both Cowen and Ahern was to have pursued counter-cyclical economic policies over a protracted period and to have financed public spending with non-structural revenues (property transaction taxes).

I wouldn't blame them for the banking collapse. The Financial Regulator is an *independent* agency. The Government isn't supposed to interfere in its workings.

We were hit with the double whammy or a Government drunk on its own apparent economic success and a Financial Regulator who couldn't tell his @rse from this elbow.

darkknight

After reading Bertie's interview, will Cowen still insist that the word 'betrayal' is not part of his lexicon?

Ganyer

So this is the regard FF have for one another? This pack of psychotic cannibals, devouring each other, stooping to any depth to preserve their wretched hides or rehabilitate their fetid political carcasses. It really does boggle my mind as to how anybody could support this tribe of cattle.

Strange thing Bert, cos I remember the ECB criticising the largesse of the great pre-election 07 bonanza on the basis that it, well , might not be such a good idea to continue public spending like it was going out of fashion. I also, remember reading in any number of periodicals around the same time that there would be rocky times ahead for Ireland.

But I suppose, those were heady times eh? Pubs and Shopping Centres to be opened and drinkypoos with Seanie and the boys. Only so many hours in the day eh? God forbid that you might have devoted sufficient time to carrying out the actual duties for which you were (and are) so handsomely renumerated.

You treacherous cur.

cozzy121

The venal sin of both Cowen and Ahern was to have pursued counter-cyclical economic policies over a protracted period and to have financed public spending with non-structural revenues (property transaction taxes).

I wouldn't blame them for the banking collapse. The Financial Regulator is an *independent* agency. The Government isn't supposed to interfere in its workings.

We were hit with the double whammy or a Government drunk on its own apparent economic success and a Financial Regulator who couldn't tell his @rse from this elbow.
You forgot to blame lehmans!! :roll:

The financial regulator was neutered, underfunded, and told not to stand in the way of the he-men who would bring Ireland to glorious sunlit uplands with their gambling addict behaviour. It was DELIBERATE POLICY.

And Ahern and McCreevey pursued pro-cyclical policies. They deliberately kept their feet on the accelerator as we veered towards the cliff's edge...

Ganyer

How were the policies pursued by McCreevy/Cowen/Ahern counter-cyclical?!!?

As for the rest of your post, you are right, they are blameless.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies