Bertie Ahern: can you please go and commit suicide ?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
In July 2007 Bertie (typically) savaged people who expressed doubt about the economy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfjGSfuSQpA]YouTube - I don't know how people who engage in that don't commit suicide - Bertie Ahern[/ame]
'Sitting on the sidelines, cribbing and moaning is a lost opportunity. I don't know how people who engage in that don't commit suicide because frankly the only thing that motivates me is being able to actively change something,'

Since then Bertie has had to resign in disgrace amidst tribunal revelations that were extremely expensive to get out of him. It has also become absolutely clear that his critics were right, and the man with the pretend degrees from LSE & UCD, presided over some of the worst economic mismanagement in the Western World.

Now Bertie, you are stuck on the sidelines, costing us a fortune each year - your reputation is ruined - why don't you go and do the honourable thing ?

cYp

seanmacc

The gas thing is that a lot of the owl ones still think he's great. My grandmother kisses her bus pass and says 'God bless Charlie' on a regular basis. People of her generation actually think that Haughey was entitled to do what he did and something tells me Bertie will be given the same treatment.

Munnkeyman

He's changed his tune since then

“cynics and knockers, people who always see the glass as half empty. I can’t understand people who are always bitching, saying ‘It’s the Government’s fault, it’s the doctor’s fault, it’s the cat’s fault.’ It’s everybody’s fault except their own."

“I don’t know why they wouldn’t go out and dig the garden or grow bluebells or do something useful! I like doers – people who paint their house, bake, work, whatever,”

He'd rather grow bluebells, paint his house bake or work.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/1130/1224259709843.html

electoralshock

The gas thing is that a lot of the owl ones still think he's great. My grandmother kisses her bus pass and says 'God bless Charlie' on a regular basis. People of her generation actually think that Haughey was entitled to do what he did and something tells me Bertie will be given the same treatment.
i think there is admiration for them for actually NEARLY getting away with it! thank heavens "younger" people have demanded accountabilty! :D

Munnkeyman

i think there is admiration for them for actually NEARLY getting away with it! thank heavens "younger" people have demanded accountabilty! :D
I don't know about that.

Bertie "Howya Girls" Ahern
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNbVAcjohhU"]YouTube - Jedward Crave turned into Bertie Ahern Crave![/ame]

atlantic

Nothing new in that ,the welfare state creates political vote buying off the next generation back.

Banshee

In July 2007 Bertie (typically) savaged people who expressed doubt about the economy

YouTube - I don't know how people who engage in that don't commit suicide - Bertie Ahern
'Sitting on the sidelines, cribbing and moaning is a lost opportunity. I don't know how people who engage in that don't commit suicide because frankly the only thing that motivates me is being able to actively change something,'

Since then Bertie has had to resign in disgrace amidst tribunal revelations that were extremely expensive to get out of him. It has also become absolutely clear that his critics were right, and the man with the pretend degrees from LSE & UCD, presided over some of the worst economic mismanagement in the Western World.

Now Bertie, you are stuck on the sidelines, costing us a fortune each year - your reputation is ruined - why don't you go and do the honourable thing ?

cYp
Funny enough, I saw a similar thread been closed down when Bertie made that speech. I guess the forum standards move with whatever the mood in the media is.

Personally, I don't want Ahern to be a martyr for FF. As for Eoghan Harris though...

Newsy

cYp
I despise b ahern and all that he stands for....however, I find the title of this thread and the above, deeply uncomfortable and crossing a line.

dresden8

I despise b ahern and all that he stands for....however, I find the title of this thread and the above, deeply uncomfortable and crossing a line.
That line was crossed a long time ago, by one B. Ahern.

wombat

This is very bad taste - its a serious problem for many families, the thread should be dropped

Dillinger

Sure himself and Gilligan won it on the horses. Irish heroes the lot of them. We love our rogues.

dalywise

Agree with you. But in agreeing with you, it struck me what an appaling, disgusting and gurrier type comment it was to come from a sitting Taoiseach in the first place. What a disgraceful, small-minded little man Ahern is.

drjimryan2

the only positive to come from this is the 'silent roar' from the benches of support for him for president............

regarding suicide, its way too serious for comment, in this context.........

YouTube - I don't know how people who engage in that don't commit suicide - Bertie Ahern

cYp
Can't agree with you on this one Newsy. Look what Aherne said: Now that was more than deeply offensive. It was cruel, evil and made a lot of already miserable scared people who had very little feel even worse.

Last edited:

Libertarian Contrarian

He's probably on the phone right now to Tony O'Reilly, Henry Kissinger, George Soros saying, "Jasus lads, how did I manage to get away with all this? The slaves will take anything."

He should have been booted out when O'Reilly was knighted by the queen while holding his citizenship,

Newsy

Agree with you. But in agreeing with you, it struck me what an appaling, disgusting and gurrier type comment it was to come from a sitting Taoiseach in the first place. What a disgraceful, small-minded little man Ahern is.
I agree with you. It was a despicable and vile comment.

Newsy

Can't agree with you on this one Newsy. Look what Aherne said: Now that was more than deeply offensive. It was cruel, evil and made a lot of already miserable scared people who had very little fee,l even worse.
What ahern said was an absolute disgrace and if any in his party had any b*lls he should have resigned AND apologised for such vileness.

However, two wrongs don't make a right. To stoop to ahern's mentality, doesn't do anyone any favours.

Surely, we are better than that.

Newsy

That line was crossed a long time ago, by one B. Ahern.
I so well appreciate that point, dresden8.

But, that said, it doesn't lend any virtue to the sentiment of this thread.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies