Bertie Ahern

daveL

Anyone know if this charlatan is planning on contesting the next general election?

Anorakphobia

I wouldn't rule it out.
He cannot resist the limelight.
Aras gone, mayor gone, a pariah (at least domestically) in terms of public appearances, all his mates bankrupt.
He just might be desperate enough to try it and the ever dwindling cabal around him are now of such appaling quality in terms of astuness, they will be too dumb to deter him (emperor's clothers etc..)

It would be exquisite becuase mark my words he will lose his seat.
The cherry on the cake of a FF incineration.
"de people have spoken, dem's de breaks, I did me bit for dis country..."
zzzzzzz

Seanie Lemass

He was on the doors a few weeks ago so either he is testing the waters or has already made up his mind to go again. He also apparently turned up in the Dáil bar last week where he was cheered by a gang of Cork IMFFers.

Only reason he might be tempted is to stop either or both his dear chums Mary F or Mary L :)

daveL

I fear were he to do so; he'd still retain his seat.

It would be one of the single greatest blows to progress in this state were he to be re-elected.

It would mean no lessons have been learned. The electorate will have proven conclusively that it can not purge FF from its blood.

hammer

Well one thing is for sure "his surplus" will not bring in Cyprian Brady :)

There is a God !!!

GreyWolf

Didn't you know, he appointed himself as a TD for life - only joking - after all he appointed his horse to the Senate (Eoghan Harris) and his donkey to the Dáil (Cyprian Brady). Maybe he can have Celia Larkin as his running mate!

hammer

I wonder if Bertie ever lodged / cashed the cheque he got from Celia in repayment of the loan for the auntie`s :)

Fingers fast-tracked it :)

ruamruam

Last edited:

truthisfree

On the webpage you can 'request availability' of our dear departed leader.

My son will be 12 in January and it would be really nice to have Bertie come as a clown (he wont need to dress up at all) at his party. I have checked his availability but am awaiting a response. Hope he can make it!
That's brilliant, the only thing to do to this sleaze is ridicule him. +1 :D

DCon

Anyone know if this charlatan is planning on contesting the next general election?
Follow the money.

Presently, Ahern gets a TD salary (with expenses) and a Taoiseach's pension.

From the start of the next Dail, he will get either a TD salary or a Taoiseach's pension if not a TD.

Ahern will do what puts most cash in Ahern's back pocket

olamp

I fear were he to do so; he'd still retain his seat.

It would be one of the single greatest blows to progress in this state were he to be re-elected.

It would mean no lessons have been learned. The electorate will have proven conclusively that it can not purge FF from its blood.
There is absolutely no way that he would retain his seat --he is hated ,even in his own constituency .

cozzy121

I wonder if Bertie ever lodged / cashed the cheque he got from Celia in repayment of the loan for the auntie`s ......
I note that her beauty salon didn't last long after berite's €100k a year make-up expenses could no longer be claimed.

stanley

I wonder if Bertie ever lodged / cashed the cheque he got from Celia in repayment of the loan for the auntie`s :)

Fingers fast-tracked it :)

Ahern was caught with his trousers down on this one, the blonde supposedly left a chq made out to FF at St.Lukes and that most observant of accountants, Dominic Dillane, filled in the amount and lodged the chq to the FF Cumann a/c formerly known as the BT a/c, calculation based on deposit interest rate rather than a loan rate.

Everyone knows at this stage this was a personal slush a/c of Ahern's but it will be difficult for him now to access the account/funds as it would require an explanation to FF headquarters as they knew nothing of the BT a/c.

Also think the blonde may not have paid back INS and left it for Ahern to settle as she saw the funds as a gift from Ahern and not a loan from FF.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies