Bertie For President!

The OD

No, I havent gone mad(der) in case you are wondering. But I think its time the people of Ireland made it clear to Bertie we want him to run for the Aras.

Why, you cry, would we want that?

Easy - his campaign will be the best craic you could have in a recession. Imagine him trying to be all statesman like when continuously confronted with angry voters, people dressed as kitchen cupboards (a lá his Scum of the World ad), brown envelopes, make up sets etc. It would be our chance to vent some of our rage at Da Bert and hopefully make him consider going somewhere less hostile like Somalia or Afghanistan.

So come on, lets get emailing him, tell him how wonderful he is, what a marvellous President he would be and so on.

I have already sent the following:

Dear Mr. Ahern,

In light of the current situation in the country, I think your taking of the Presidency would be a great lift to the people of Ireland, having you back in the public eye would be a reminder of the good times we enjoyed with you at the helm and will raise the national spirit immensely.

The media may have it in for you, but the good people of Ireland still remember the reality of those great years.

For the sake of Ireland, run for the Presidency and help to raise our spirits once again.

Yours Sincerely,

Douglas Adams
I imagine that some of our resident FF drones will take issues with this, but lets remember that Da Bert doesn't do bad news, he only hears what he wants to hear and if he hears people fawning, nay begging him to run, he just might and the fun can begin in earnest.

Some other benefits would include a guarantee FF doesn't get another sock puppet in the door, your own choice of President will have a better chance and the debates would be hilarious.

''It w-w-was all down to the c-c-collapse of Lehman B-b-rothers Miriam.....''*

(I am not making fun of speech impediments as Da Bert only stutters because the imaginative part of his mind is busy making things and he has to think fast....)

:D

former wesleyan

Positively Rovian.

The OD

former wesleyan

Not sure how to take that, but if its for the fiendishness and sheer spitefulness, then I guess a thank you is in order. :)
T'was:D

jpc

Ah the liar taoiseach and his quest for acclamation by de plain peeple of Ireland.
Bring it on.

meriwether

The problem with him now is that he is so unpopular, and knows it, he will never run for anything.

He has effectively retired an undefeated champion.

slippy wicket

I was going to come over all spitting fire, but after reading the OP, for one time i'll have to say, Go on the bert.

The OD

meriwether

You should make it your business to take control of FG and then I would vote for them!
We should do a facebook group, seriously.

We could do a mock serious one, and watch the people queue up up to vent their spleen.
It would be entertaining, if nowt else.

Podolski1.5

Yes, I'd like to see him run - from office.

Inda Kenny

The great Bert gave an interview to a Polish paper this week his great advice was to tell them to mind how their banks do business or something like dat
Did not rule out running for president of Ireland not Poland thst is.

justme1

No, I havent gone mad(der) in case you are wondering. But I think its time the people of Ireland made it clear to Bertie we want him to run for the Aras.

Easy - his campaign will be the best craic you could have in a recession. Imagine him trying to be all statesman like when continuously confronted with angry voters, people dressed as kitchen cupboards (a lá his Scum of the World ad), brown envelopes, make up sets etc. It would be our chance to vent some of our rage at Da Bert and hopefully make him consider going somewhere less hostile like Somalia or Afghanistan.

So come on, lets get emailing him, tell him how wonderful he is, what a marvellous President he would be and so on.

I imagine that some of our resident FF drones will take issues with this, but lets remember that Da Bert doesn't do bad news, he only hears what he wants to hear and if he hears people fawning, nay begging him to run, he just might and the fun can begin in earnest.

Some other benefits would include a guarantee FF doesn't get another sock puppet in the door, your own choice of President will have a better chance and the debates would be hilarious.

(I am not making fun of speech impediments as Da Bert only stutters because the imaginative part of his mind is busy making things and he has to think fast....)

Great idea!
The human sized Toad would actually try for it if he thought some of the people were behind him,we could really kill two birds (or two Toads in his case) with the one stone,one would be Bertie being totally rejected but the public,and secondly the question's he would have to answer and how funny his new De's Dat's Dose and dem's would be!

Rochey

Oh I don't know. What if everyone then voted for him for the laugh too! Isn't that what happened at the last GE?

berberie

Oh OD thank you so much, this is the best giggle I've had in quite sometime! For this idea alone I'd vote for you for president ;).

Btw if we're talking about names my third one is my first one :confused:!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies