• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Bertie is broke - he claims

DCon

Sorry if this crap ruins anyone's Sunday, but..

"My conscience is a million per cent clear. I just work week-by-week because that's the way it was. I didn't have any money. I still don't have any money.

"I have a house that when it was bought, was bought for 170 grand,'' he says. "I haven't a share in anything. I have not got an investment in anything. I don't own this place," he says in reference to St Luke's. "That was proved. That was one good thing about the tribunal. It is owned by Fianna Fail nationally. It is held by the party locally."

Bertie Ahern: 'I don't consider myself a romantic person, mabye that was the problem' - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

If anyone believes any of this, I have a lovely bridge to sell you.

seenitallb4

I hope its not true. I'd hate to think of him in his older years with only his TD's pension to live on.....and his Minister's one.....and his Taoiseach's one....

drjimryan

hopefully the tribunal report will put the term 'broke' into real context for bert......

Cassandra Syndrome

That a bit harsh do you think!!!
Try telling that to the people in this country who are actually starving because of his gross mismanagement.

ang

So he squandered his own money, just like he did with ours. Further proof he should never have been allowed near the countries finances.

Edo

It says something alright that the only paid work that the "Genius" behind the Celtic Tiger can get outside the dail is talking about "De Football" on the backpages of the News of the Screws - how the mighty have fallen.

DCon

whataday

I believe him.. I'm sure that will raise a smile (or outrage) amongst many of you. He had his time, he had his place, He's gone anorak and all.... Make way for the new.

Breadan O'Connor

An Gilladaker

Lets organise a digout as builders have no money left a barn dance might be a good idea Albert will supply the music that will get Bert up and running cant have our greatest whatever going to the soup kitchen

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies