Bertie is broke - he claims

Louth Planner

Bertie is not broke. This is more fantasy from the fantasy man. He is either looking for more sympathy (the weay he did on the Dobson interview) or he is setting the tone for the Tribunal cost taxing.

The man said himself in the tribunal that he was a great saver of money, suree wasn't that how he accumulated 50K in the early 90's after paying for his seperated wife and family and all other expenses (although we now have a very good understanding of the level of politicial expenses and allownaces). The man is earning a fortune as an ex-taoiseach (pension), "retired" minister (pension) and a sitting TD (over 100K salary) with more than 10 years service (7K+).

This guy is no more broke than the internet.

ellie08

How much is his salary, and his pension(s)? He must really think people or stupid, or else the man is a loolaa (his word, not mine)

politicaldonations

What a liar. His pension is worth millions if bought privately. His chaffeur and driver is worth hundreds of thousands a year. He doesnt seem to have got offered much post resignation in terms of public speaking, directorships etc but who would want to hire a dodgy chancer like him?

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
Poor Bertie. Not able to afford a seat in Croke park, a trip to see Man U., or even, God forbid, a few pints of Bass. Probably his writer daughter will have to help support her decrepit and impoverished Father in the twilight of his years. My heart bleeds for him. sob, sob,

Captain Con O'Sullivan

who is starving? dopes who put their lotto, fags and jars ahead of grub?
Or the terminally stupid who have very little money and trot up to the church each week and hand over money to an organisation which routinely declares billions in profits every year.

Not to mention the fact that that particular organisation is the psychological Fianna Fail of Ireland with its paedo protection policies. 'Have to look after the lads'.

Hows your hero Michael Woods these days, the FF 'old guard' who tried to sell his own country up the river under instructions from Rome?

If you see him at all tell him he's not been forgotten.

politicaldonations

His deal with Rupert Murdoch, sorry his daughter's deal with Rupert Murdoch should make his retirement easier. She could give hm a few million from the book sales etc.

Is he still paying for the ex wife to live the life of luxury? Wish i was born a woman and i could snare a rich husband for a few years then divorce him and live in luxury for life.

patricktom

Or the terminally stupid who have very little money and trot up to the church each week and hand over money to an organisation which routinely declares billions in profits every year.

Not to mention the fact that that particular organisation is the psychological Fianna Fail of Ireland with its paedo protection policies. 'Have to look after the lads'.

Hows your hero Michael Woods these days, the FF 'old guard' who tried to sell his own country up the river under instructions from Rome?

If you see him at all tell him he's not been forgotten.
wrong, wrong and eh wrong again. How's army life Captain?

droghedasouth

Maybe they had a whip around for him yesterday in Farmleigh.

laidback

Heard he was getting speaking gigs through an agency at €30,000

he's got the book advance rumoured at €400,000

'Journalist' income from column

Pensions pensions pensions

Dail salary

Dail expenses including turning up money when there's no signing in system (TDs fighting that indignity)

Both daughters seriously rich, cecelia from her taxfree books and georgina married into Westlife. Mo manitenance to Miriam now.

But could the payments to celia Larkin be on the high side to keep her memory as it was during her time in the witness box at the mahon tribunal

Captain Con O'Sullivan

To get back to the subject of the thread I think Mr Ahern has just made a very big mistake if he is signalling that he is broke because he is worried about what effect the tribunal reports will have on his pocket.

We know that his quango-mattress was flying back and forth to Manchester with cash lodgements for an account in England.

He may have just given the legal people the opening to ask a judge to get permission to establish what wealth he has.

There are new banking rules now internationally which have begun to expose people with tax-evading accounts in foreign jurisdictions to the ones in which they live.

I'd say Ahern might come to regret taking that line because if he starts claiming he has nothing it gives the legal crowd a chance to establish what in fact he has got. Interesting angle there and some more shady stuff could fall out of that situation easily.

If he genuinely has blown the digout money then I'd say and I'm sure as a betting man Ahern would agree with me that it would be a good 5/2 on that he's lost it on foreign property, possibly in the States or the UK.

Its difficult to imagine Ahern not licking his lips in a property boom and eyeing up his digout money to put on a few 'flip' apartments and developments and so on.

It would be delicious indeed if that fellow has taken a bath on property and lost a lot of money. Its the one thing he'd never dare mention as it would be the most embarrassing loss of all.

ellie08

Poor Bertie. Not able to afford a seat in Croke park, a trip to see Man U., or even, God forbid, a few pints of Bass. Probably his writer daughter will have to help support her decrepit and impoverished Father in the twilight of his years. My heart bleeds for him. sob, sob,
No he was at Croker last week in a very good seat, and no doubt will be there today. (wouldn't you love if people started throwing rotten vegetables at him).

ALAN42

If he had a bank account we could all donate something . Pity he does not do bank accounts . If you handed it to him he would only forget about it or turn it into Sterling or something .
Why don't we give him a house and maybe 200,000 Euro to do it up . A slap of paint and a new carpet . That seems to have worked for him in the past .

ManOfReason

I wish this one time I could bring myself to believe the words coming out of Bertie's mouth - unfortunately the truth is probably that he is richer than 80% of the people in this country when you count his pensions.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies