Bertie is broke - he claims

PetevonPete

Read as much of that crap as I could - don't know what to do first - hang the rat Ahern, that long red haired fag Egan or burn the sex pest Fanning alive...I often find the Sindo leaves we with such issues to ponder each weekend

Berties broke :confused: :lol:

Give me a feckin break,Bertie is playing poor mouth so people won't turn on him,now that the FF house of cards is coming down he is distancing himself.

Don't the crimes all say that to CAB too,I'm broke I have no money,riiiiiiiiiiiiight :rolleyes:

draiocht23

I hope its not true. I'd hate to think of him in his older years with only his TD's pension to live on.....and his Minister's one.....and his Taoiseach's one....
Don't forget the €400K advance for his new "autobiography" and his sports column income - he really is disgusting.

DCon

I think Bertie has observed the developers claiming they are broke and saw NAMA set up as a result.

He now wants a ETAMA (ex Taoiseach Asset Management Agency) set up to fund his lifestyle.

DCon

Captain Con O'Sullivan

Preferred, I'd say. The last job he was on he earned Nigerian currency for it. Apparently he can't get it out of the country though and wrote to Mary Coughlan allegedly asking if she had a bank account he could use.

In other news Mary Coughlan was apparently seen at a cash machine this morning wondering where all her money is gone.

Or so I'm given to understand. We are where we are, Mary;)

Nipper

He told us recently the church had no money either. I wonder if we could find out how much of the NAMA loans were on land bought from the church at huge prices in recent years.

merle haggard

What a liar. His pension is worth millions if bought privately. His chaffeur and driver is worth hundreds of thousands a year. He doesnt seem to have got offered much post resignation in terms of public speaking, directorships etc but who would want to hire a dodgy chancer like him?
he got a job with this dodgy bunch last july

Global Agenda Council

2 hundred grand courtesy of the taxpayer on his office

RTÉ News: Ahern's new office suite cost €200,000

costs awarded aainst the mahon tribunal for the affrontery of asking him about statements he made in leinster house which are actually in the leinster house records, which for some bizarre reason was completely out of order to ask him about. Again courtesy of the taxpayer - you

RTÉ News: Ahern awarded High Court costs

there was also something about speaking tours of south america , advising busineses there on the best way to emulate the success of the celtic tiger..hahahhahhahah

SamVimesBoots

I absolutely loathe that despicable lying little thuggish spiv to the very depths of my being. And yet there's a few idiots on this thread still trying to defend and make excuses for "poor Bertie".

Richer than 80% of people? FFS you clueless moron, the man is pulling easily a quarter of a million a year in TD salary and his Ministerial and Taoieach pensions and then his unvouched expense account on top and his €400K deal with Murdoch and his €30K an hour dinner speeches. He's in the top 1% of earners!

And that's the legal, kosher, declared earnings. This is the Bert we're talking about, you can be damn sure there's plenty more hot money sloshing through a web of offshore accounts.

How anyone remotely sane could look at the Bert and not want to see his head on a pike baffles me, it really does. After everything he's done to this country, all his shameless thieving and croneyism and corruption and bubble-ramping and shilling for de builders and catastrophic mismanagement of the economy, and still people will defend and make excuses for him? What the hell is wrong with you?

Captain Con O'Sullivan

He told us recently the church had no money either. I wonder if we could find out how much of the NAMA loans were on land bought from the church at huge prices in recent years.
Thats interesting Nipper. I'm quite interested in any signs of visible links between senior fianna fail people and the church. I must have missed that one... was that long ago?

Captain Con O'Sullivan

There is something totally psychotic in the Irish character about openly crooked politicians. The first thing they get is a nickname such as 'Stroke' or 'Cope' or 'The Bull' or even a foul little tick like Ahern gets an almost 'affectionate' 'Bertie'.

There is indeed something very dodgy abroad in Ireland when it comes to thieves. We hate people who break into old people's houses etc but we seem to have this mawkish delight in white collar crime which really should be the proper term for Irish politics.

'The crack'd looking glass of a servant' as Mr Joyce memorably remarked about us all. he had a point because the first thing that happens in crooked circles is that someone gets a nickname.

Deep psychological waters indeed and I think it may go back to the old chieftain days. There's a fair amount of evidence I think that we are stuck- correction- SOME people are stuck in a tribal mindset like you'd find out in the bush in Africa or in the deep south of the US.

Peasant psychology.

politicaldonations

Eoghan Harris will be on to tell us to levae Bert alone as he clearly doesnt lead an ostentatious lifestyle. They may be true but only because he's a miser , like that Liam Carroll fella who lived a normal life when worth hundreds of millions.

Gabha Óir

There is something totally psychotic in the Irish character about openly crooked politicians. The first thing they get is a nickname such as 'Stroke' or 'Cope' or 'The Bull' or even a foul little tick like Ahern gets an almost 'affectionate' 'Bertie'.

There is indeed something very dodgy abroad in Ireland when it comes to thieves. We hate people who break into old people's houses etc but we seem to have this mawkish delight in white collar crime which really should be the proper term for Irish politics.

'The crack'd looking glass of a servant' as Mr Joyce memorably remarked about us all. he had a point because the first thing that happens in crooked circles is that someone gets a nickname.

Deep psychological waters indeed and I think it may go back to the old chieftain days. There's a fair amount of evidence I think that we are stuck- correction- SOME people are stuck in a tribal mindset like you'd find out in the bush in Africa or in the deep south of the US.

Peasant psychology.
John Waters , I presume.

Nipper

Thats interesting Nipper. I'm quite interested in any signs of visible links between senior fianna fail people and the church. I must have missed that one... was that long ago?
He was interviewed on the radio after the Ryan report came out and said that the Church had no money.

Captain Con O'Sullivan

Oh I beg to differ with Bertie. The church has plenty of money and returns a nice sum to Rome every year.

Technically the religious orders like the CB are preparing to say they have no money but thats because they've transferred commercial properties into a new trust called the Edmund Rice Schools Trust.

There's a hotel and conference centre called the Emmaus Centre which is worth a lot in even in todays values and that was defined as a 'school' for the purposes of the transfer to the new Trust.

Pat Cox, our former European President is sitting on the Board of Trustees of the ERST along with at least two Christian Brothers, one of whom is the head honcho of the CB.

Mr Cox should be asked some questions why he is facilitating the shifting of Christian Brother assets.

DCon

anlkestony

You have sickened me. Thank god don't have to pay to have a look at that crap the Sunday Indo.. Miss it as toilet roll though

ellie08

hmm, the vatican is a right aul dump alright.

Riadach

Bertie broke? Must have squandered the boom.
Or that his wealth was all in property. Might be an inspiration for the policy decisions of the last few years of his government, the very same ones that inflated a property bubble which caused the whole country to suffer when it burst. Is it too much to ask for a disinterested politican, one who would consider the interests of the whole nation, rather than just his own?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies