• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Bertie

politicaldonations

Heard someone talking on RTE Radio one over weekend commenting on a typical day for the taoiseach. It involved many events such as sod turning, pub/hotel openings etc etc. The question is why is our leader in attendence at so many events where his time is wasted and he contributes little except getting the event into the local paper. He seems to attend any photo op when he should be using his limited and valuable time to solve the problems in this country such as the health crisis etc. How is it that bertie never gets bad publicity from things such as A&E crisis, massive overspends, corruption etc? He shows zero leadership on issues like the massive bloated beast that is the health service and the likes of Harney gets the rap. He seems to be everywhere but saying very little of substance and almost bluffing his way through his tenure. Instead of getting his mug in every paper in the country every week maybe he should use his time on tackling the problems that continue to exist ten years after he started his tenure.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
... and you don't hear a word against it in the Dail because they will all do it when they get the chance. It's just a very long standing tradition in these parts.
It would take a statesman (or stateswoman) to stop it, but do you see any around?

FutureLabourLeader

I am just reading a copy of the Clare People which are being given out on campus today evry second page is devoted to a recent visit by Bertie he's even in the Property section

Dr Strangelove

****ing retards

Duh Duh Duh – Are you retarded? What a stupid thread. It’s the middle of an election for god sake – of course he’s going to be out canvassing!!!!! You would have thought someone styling themselves as “politicaldonations” could have come up with a better argument to attack the Taoiseach!

****ing retards

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
The Inish Times (Inishowen, Co. Donegal) is an excellent paper for playing "where's Cecilia".
Cecilia Keaveney appears on nearly every page of every issue. Sometimes only in text but mostly in full colour.

hiding behind a poster

It would be interesting if someone made an assessment of how often he used State aircraft, be they the G4, the Learjet, the Kingair, the Casa's, or any of the helicopters, to travel to and from what is clearly political activity as distinct from State activity.

Dunny

Website
www.donnachamaguire.com
politicaldonations said:
Heard someone talking on RTE Radio one over weekend commenting on a typical day for the taoiseach. It involved many events such as sod turning, pub/hotel openings etc etc. The question is why is our leader in attendence at so many events where his time is wasted and he contributes little except getting the event into the local paper. He seems to attend any photo op when he should be using his limited and valuable time to solve the problems in this country such as the health crisis etc. How is it that bertie never gets bad publicity from things such as A&E crisis, massive overspends, corruption etc? He shows zero leadership on issues like the massive bloated beast that is the health service and the likes of Harney gets the rap. He seems to be everywhere but saying very little of substance and almost bluffing his way through his tenure. Instead of getting his mug in every paper in the country every week maybe he should use his time on tackling the problems that continue to exist ten years after he started his tenure.
For all your foaming at the mouth, you would swear that Bertie only did this stuff. He attends all these events as well as doing his work in the Dáil and Cabinet Duties. He clocks up about a hundred hour week. Was it not Garret Fitz who said he only did a 40 hour week himself when he was Taoiseach?

Dunny

Website
www.donnachamaguire.com
JCSkinner said:
How many of those hours are actually dedicated to running the country, though?
That's the question.
I would say about 50-60. I cant be certain but I am getting fed up of people trying to tarnish Bertie. Its tedious and shows a level of desperation that is quite depressing

JCSkinner

Website
skinflicks.blogspot.com
When you say 'tarnish' do you mean referring to his signing blank cheques for a crook, appointing tax avoiders to ministries, lying about his educational qualifications or accepting 'loans' from big businessmen which he never repaid?

John_C

JCSkinner said:
When you say 'tarnish' do you mean referring to his signing blank cheques for a crook, appointing tax avoiders to ministries, lying about his educational qualifications or accepting 'loans' from big businessmen which he never repaid?
He's clearly referring to the topic of this thread, Bertie attending openings and community events.

FakeViking

Dunny said:
JCSkinner said:
That's the question.
I would say about 50-60. I cant be certain but I am getting fed up of people trying to tarnish Bertie. Its tedious and shows a level of desperation that is quite depressing
Doesn't he know how to delegate?

Oh, of course not, after all he gave jobs to the likes of Roche, Dempsey, Cullen.

And if anyone is trying to tarnish Bertie, he does a pretty good job everytime he opens his mouth.

TheBear

<Mod>Moved to Fianna Fáil.</Mod>

Dunny

Website
www.donnachamaguire.com
FakeViking said:
Dunny said:
JCSkinner said:
That's the question.
Doesn't he know how to delegate?

Oh, of course not, after all he gave jobs to the likes of Roche, Dempsey, Cullen.

And if anyone is trying to tarnish Bertie, he does a pretty good job everytime he opens his mouth.
He does. He has a Cabinet!!

However, Bertie likes to visit as many parts of the country as possible. Its called Electioneering!!! He does it from Election to Election.. get over it!!

As jor JC Skinner...The people will ultimately decide how they feel about the issues you raised!! Get over it and get back to supporting a party circling the drain!!

JCSkinner

Website
skinflicks.blogspot.com
John_C said:
JCSkinner said:
He's clearly referring to the topic of this thread, Bertie attending openings and community events.
So presumably he agrees that referring to those series of events would not be 'tarnishing' the Taoiseach since he is guilty of all of them?

hiding behind a poster

Dunny said:
However, Bertie likes to visit as many parts of the country as possible. Its called Electioneering!!! He does it from Election to Election.. get over it!!

And do you believe that its acceptable to use the Air Corps' resources for what is effectively party-political activity?

Dunny

Website
www.donnachamaguire.com
hiding behind a poster said:
Dunny said:

And do you believe that its acceptable to use the Air Corps' resources for what is effectively party-political activity?
During the election period, It would not be acceptable. He is visiting these places as Taoiseach, regardless if it is a political event!

CrockerJarman

Dunny said:
politicaldonations said:
For all your foaming at the mouth, you would swear that Bertie only did this stuff. He attends all these events as well as doing his work in the Dáil and Cabinet Duties. He clocks up about a hundred hour week. Was it not Garret Fitz who said he only did a 40 hour week himself when he was Taoiseach?
I doubt that. I'd say Garret spent 40 hours a week at Cabinet meetings alone. But thats a different story.

politicaldonations

Re: ****ing retards

Dr Strangelove said:
Duh Duh Duh – Are you retarded? What a stupid thread. It’s the middle of an election for god sake – of course he’s going to be out canvassing!!!!! You would have thought someone styling themselves as “politicaldonations” could have come up with a better argument to attack the Taoiseach!

****ing retards
He does it all the time , not just at election time. Its to keep his image fresh in the publics mind "not just at election time" as he says on the literature I get in my house here in Drumcondra 3 times a year. I never answer the door when he knocks cos i'd be afraid i'd hit the man, he drives me nuts and he'll be found out in the end for the fraud he is. Why is this thread moved to FF ? Hardly likely to get a balanced debate when mainly FF'ers are reading it. This is a current issue as it was dealt with in the media at weekend and we are in election period. FF thread is for FF'ers to discuss the state of their inbred corrupt party.

The Analyser

Dunny said:
Was it not Garret Fitz who said he only did a 40 hour week himself when he was Taoiseach?
No.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies