• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Best media coverage of the Presidential Election

borntorum

I thought I might start a new thread focussing on the best media coverage of the US election tomorrow, with comments, recommendations etc.

Live coverage in this part of the world is being provided on RTE, TV3, BBC, ITV and Sky. CNN is available on cable and satellite, and FOX is also available on Sky Digital, that might be worth watching for the schadenfraude if Obama wins. MSNBC used to be available online, but I don't know if it still is. In previous years I've generally found CNN to be the sharpest and most comprehensive.

So which to watch?

B

Boggle

Why do Irish people care so much about the American election? The last one was a landmark one so that was fair enough but why do people here care so much about who runs their country?

human 19

Last time I flicked between CNN, BBC and Al Jazeera.
I see Press TV is off the air on Freesat. That might have been fun.

human 19

Why do Irish people care so much about the American election? The last one was a landmark one so that was fair enough but why do people here care so much about who runs their country?
If this was a football forum, would you be baffed by people being interested in the champion's league final?

borntorum

Last time I flicked between CNN, BBC and Al Jazeera.
I see Press TV is off the air on Freesat. That might have been fun.
Yeah that would have been good. Perhaps Max Keiser will be ranting on Russia Today

B

Boggle

If this was a football forum, would you be baffed by people being interested in the champion's league final?
Nah, I get that since it represents good football. US politics wouldn't really represent anything good or aspirational though... well not for citizens at least.

irish_bob

wolf blitzer on CNN is very professional and impartial

my favourite was dan ( lets pour some gravy on theese biscuits ) rather but he,s retired , not sure if tom brokaw is still working

jmcc

Anything other than the gobsh!tes in Pravda/RTE. (CNN/MSNBC etc).

Regards...jmcc

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
The US is the leader of the West. A lot of Irish people have relations living there. I have a few uncles there and a good part of my earlier family tree ended up there.

johnny365

CNN is the best for me, Fox is amusing as its so openly biased on the side of Republicans yet they claim the coverage is fair and balanced!!

B

Boggle

The US is the leader of the West. A lot of Irish people have relations living there. I have a few uncles there and a good part of my earlier family tree ended up there.
The US says they are the leaders of the west. Saying something doesn't make it so.

cristoir

Between 12am - 2am tomorrow TV3 won't be showing any election coverage. Instead it will show good old Psychic Readings live!

borntorum

Between 12am - 2am tomorrow TV3 won't be showing any election coverage. Instead it will show good old Psychic Readings live!
Great, they'll be able to tell us who is going to win and then we can all have a good night's sleep

Colin M

I will watch either on BBC or ITV. I have no time for the US Networks, and especially SKY.

bonkers

Twitter would be the fastest way of getting projections and results but BBC are the station for me.

borntorum

CNN is kicking ass at the moment. How is Fox dealing with the bad news for Romney? Are they blaming Black Panthers or ACORN or the liberal media putting out skewed exit polls?

irish_bob

CNN is head and shoulders above everyone else , bbc is the same as rte with its boring interviews, even sky news is pretty pedestrian

always liked wolf blitzer , anderson cooper too

kvran

Twitter is the way to go. I followed a few lists from the likes of huffington post and I am getting updates and links to numerous sources that I wouldn't have found otherwise. Couple that with tweetdeck and it looks like the falling numbers graphic from the Matrix.

I also have the TV on flicking between CNN, RTE and Fox. I liked seeing Karl Rove's Ipad on fox, I bet he cleans the screen with childrens tears and they're going to have Sarah Palin on shortly

sidney waddell

I can now project that Fox News will leave the denial stage and enter the anger stage when they return from these ads.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies