• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Best person for the job

McSlaggart

"The Secretary of State has said she initially did not understand that nationalists did not vote for unionist parties during elections.

Karen Bradley said she did not comprehend that campaigns are generally fought within each part of the community.

She told The House magazine that it was "a very different world from the world I came from".

Mrs Bradley was appointed in January to replace James Brokenshire.

Mr Brokenshire stepped down for medical reasons.

"I didn't understand things like when elections are fought for example in Northern Ireland - people who are nationalists don't vote for unionist parties and vice-versa," Mrs Bradley told House magazine, a weekly publication for the Houses of Parliament.

"So, the parties fight for election within their own community.

"Actually, the unionist parties fight the elections against each other in unionist communities and nationalists in nationalist communities," she added."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-45442079

If she was the best person for the job in northern Ireland I am left to worry much do the rest understand about this part of the UK...............................................................

belfast1981

What....the?

Seriously?

Does she understand Labour voters don't vote for The Tories and they fight each other in elections?

Mickeymac

What....the?

Seriously?

Does she understand Labour voters don't vote for The Tories and they fight each other in elections?

It would appear the British Tories know as much about Ireland as they do about the poor, disabled and the most vulnerable in society.

michael-mcivor

And they try and tell us that female politicians would be wiser / more better than males- they are as dumb as each other-

AhNowStop

"The Secretary of State has said she initially did not understand that nationalists did not vote for unionist parties during elections.

Karen Bradley said she did not comprehend that campaigns are generally fought within each part of the community.

She told The House magazine that it was "a very different world from the world I came from".

"I didn't understand things like when elections are fought for example in Northern Ireland - people who are nationalists don't vote for unionist parties and vice-versa," Mrs Bradley told House magazine, a weekly publication for the Houses of Parliament.

"Actually, the unionist parties fight the elections against each other in unionist communities and nationalists in nationalist communities," she added."

If she was the best person for the job in northern Ireland I am left to worry much do the rest understand about this part of the UK...............................................................

She's an incompetent disaster as was the last one (Joe 90) .. neither of them have/had a clue about over here but I would still prefer both to their 2 previous incarnations .. i.e. Theresa Villiers & Owen Patterson ... Patterson is an especially nasty little crackpot .. a right little f***** if ever there was one :?

Tories eh, who'd trust them anyway .. oh wait :roll:

Roll_On

You hardly expect Brits to know anything about NI, do you? Most of what they do 'know' is probrit BBC propaganda

McSlaggart

What....the?

Seriously?

Electoral swing is part of British politics due to its first past the post system.

[video=youtube;mRQMMLwcANg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRQMMLwcANg[/video]

Round tower

Should not be a surprise, their was a survey done last year where Brittish people was asked to draw a line on a map of Ire. where they thought the border was, not to many knew, some had it in the middle of the country

Mickeymac

You hardly expect Brits to know anything about NI, do you? Most of what they do 'know' is probrit BBC propaganda

Needs to be highlighted that such people sir, accepted jobs and involved a situation they never experienced and know absolutely zilch about.

Mickeymac

Should not be a surprise, their was a survey done last year where Brittish people was asked to draw a line on a map of Ire. where they thought the border was, not to many knew, some had it in the middle of the country

Most now want that border in the Irish sea bar those craicpots in the DUP.

raetsel

The most astonishing thing about this is that she wasn't even slightly ashamed to admit it. As pointed out in the Guardian article below, she was 26 years old when the GFA was signed.

I must say that having observed British politics for over 50 years, the current leading figures in the Tory party are the most inept bunch of losers in all that time. It's underscored further by the fact that the two front-runners in the race to replace TM are the serial liar and all-round bounder, Boris Johnson, and a Bertie Wooster impersonator who believes that women impregnated by rapists should not have the right to a termination.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/sep/07/karen-bradley-northern-ireland-secretary-tories

razorblade

It would appear the British Tories know as much about Ireland as they do about the poor, disabled and the most vulnerable in society.
The same goes for labour in fact very few of the political mainstream know anything about anything.

Mickeymac

The same goes for labour in fact very few of the political mainstream know anything about anything.

Matters not what you or I think pal, the people voted in their millions for such incompetents.

Do you consider that a problem sir or can you give us all a solution?:D

Catalpast

She is a token figurehead that is all

- she is not a decision maker.

No surprise she hadn't a clue about the North

- like most British people over there.

- they haven't a clue

- and are not interested one way or another...

Mickeymac

She is a token figurehead that is all

- she is not a decision maker.

No surprise she hadn't a clue about the North

- like most British people over there.

- they haven't a clue

- and are not interested one way or another...

You obviously have not "got it" pal, I thought #9 might have put you in the right direction.

Talk Back

Watching a report now on BBC 1 NI.

Good man Mártin!

Mickeymac

Watching a report now on BBC 1 NI.

Good man Mártin!

Most astute politicos knew the DUP had their paws in the till, no whistleblowing, which, in turn, assured a full blown Judicial inquiry into their skulduggery and theft from the UK taxpayers...……..so much for their "Christian values":lol:

james toney

Boris Johnson...... I'm the most incompetent useless cabinet minister in British history!

Karen Bradley....Hold my beer!

Mickeymac

Boris Johnson...... I'm the most incompetent useless cabinet minister in British history!

Karen Bradley....Hold my beer!

Listen folks, I am being very serious here in the comments I am to make................I know more about the conflict in Ireland than the whole talking shop at Westminster which claims sovereignty over a place they know FA about.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies