• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Biffo becomes emotional in Dail

Tomas Mor

Did ye see Biffo become emotional in Dail. He was asked by Enda Kenny about famous dinner organised by Fintan Drury, and what he knew about Anglo, Quinn etc. He threw back to Kenny that it was a smear. And when Gilmore later accused him of treason, he became emotional, and pleading to Gilmore saying " I know you and respect" but that charge is beyond the pale, to say that to any Irishman". He is on the ropes and I would say about to throw in the towel. He should not be left in a room in his own, especially with a bottle of whiskey and a gun. FFers gave him as round of applause to come to his aid.

He3

When he apologises and announces his government's resignation, he can be as emotional as he wishes.

Until then it is self-indulgence.

DCon

It was sickening after he gave his emotional speech, and wiped away a patriotic tear or 2, to see the FFers in attendance gave him a round of applause.

johnfás

By definition treason can only be committed by an Irishman (/woman) so its a bit counterintuitive to say it is something you should never accuse an Irishman of....

the agent

Yes, I saw it and thought for one insane moment he was going to do a bertie on it, and would be interviewed by dobbo for the six news. The man is a disgrace and pedals b*llsh*t and is still going on about lehmans, I think he mentioned it 10 times this morning, How Ironic he does, Obama let Lehmans collapse so he was not going to let American taxpayers pick up the bill, yet our Clowen wants my children and grandchildren pay for Anglo.

thebig C

I didn't hear that. But, I heard the earlier exchange were Enda Kenny accused Biffo of know about the problems in the banking industry whilst he was Finance Minister. Biffo responded by stating that "Your accusations are untrue and I treat them with contempt"......to which Enda replied "Just like you treat the people of this country with contempt"!

I sense the opposition leaders are just fed up now. They know FF aren't even trying to deny or hide this any more they are just hanging on for as long as possible.

Disillusioned democrat

It was sickening after he gave his emotional speech, and wiped away a patriotic tear or 2, to see the FFers in attendance gave him a round of applause.
Sounds like he learned from his master - get on TV and jerk out a tear - sure you're grand for another term in office. Hints of Ahern's Dobbo cry-fest. I think FG and Lab right to hound him on this - as MoF it was his responsibility, despite what Ahern promised him or threatened him with, so now that the full and brutal impacts of his incompetence are being laid bare, and the awful cost of this to the Irish people becoming obvious, he has no right to claim to be a "patriot". In real terms - how many people will die because of the Health Care under funding that will result from a €2bn a year debt servicing cost on the Irish taxpayer.

jacko

Kenny and Gilmore should walk out of the Dail and not engage with this pathetic slob of a gombeen leader who has brought our country to its knees.

yehbut_nobut

Macbeth moment? Cowen's career startyed with the death of his father and ended with the death of the country.

His da must be turning in his grave.

T

The_Big_Fellow

By definition treason can only be committed by an Irishman (/woman) so its a bit counterintuitive to say it is something you should never accuse an Irishman of....
I was thinking that exactly, its not treason unless it is against your own country. I would not take any note of his crocodile tears, we have yet to see him have any passion about the country (about anything in fact).

Fair dues to Gilmore for calling a spade a shovel

Disillusioned democrat

Kenny and Gilmore should walk out of the Dail and not engage with this pathetic slob of a gombeen leader who has brought our country to its knees.
Jacko - I often wondered about that, and would really like to see it, but to your knowledge (and I'm not being funny) has this worked anywhere else. I think FF are shot - the reshuffle was their change to announce the "A-Team" and instead we got "The Usual Suspects" and Black Tuesday was the unveiling of the cost of FF incompetence over the last 10 years, so now would seem like a good time for Ireland to have a chance to decide what it wants to do next - somewhat akin to Iceland. I genuinely wonder would an Opposition walkout force the Governments hand in this or would they treat is as a free ride and make all manner of laws about automatic re-election for Taoiseach and anyone whose name began with "B".