Biffo on The Week in Politics, RTE1 10:35

Harmonica

The media really are too deferential to the government. I accept that the office of Taoiseach deserves respect even if the current holder of it doesn't but it's not too much to expect of him to to a live interview.
I think they are deferential to the office more the people but I agree they need to be asking harder questions and calling it when they are not answered.

A Time for Every Purpose

It is truly appalling that he thinks that he can get away with this.
It is yet another sign of how terrible politics is in Ireland.
We all deserve respect ,except when we don't merit it.
There cannot be another country in western Europe or the U.S.A., where a head of state, would not be compelled ,to address the Nation at this time.
Shameful ! !

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
it seemed the dear leader was under some pressure in the clip on the news. that would suggest Rourkey over Dobby

skiii

Biffo on Week in Politics

Biffo's demeanour at the press conference was abject. He seemed detached, semi-coherent. All eyes on the podium avoided him. Our Finance negotiator was also brusque/surly. We are up the creek.

slippy wicket

I think Cowen is on on his own.
What would you expect from that craven sack of ************************, no ball or backbone. Just look at the traitors deal that he and his criminal syndicate have wrought.
This deal stymies any chance of govt, sponsered job creation and for the sake of the country must be rejected or radically altered.

Lord Wellington

Wow.

That is one for the archives.

It is also one that will be all over YouTube within an hour.

He (even though pre-recorded and scripted) will make an absolute balls of it.

The "markets" will push Irish 10yr to 12% by the end of the week if they are not suffering "Irrational Exuberance".

justme1

Biffo's demeanour at the press conference was abject. He seemed detached, semi-coherent. All eyes on the podium avoided him. Our Finance negotiator was also brusque/surly. We are up the creek.
WTF do you expect?having the two Brian's and our Finance dept (the envy of all banana republic's),lets get real here,our senior civil servants are THICK as are our leaders,the whole world knows this now!!!!!but because we (the Irish) are so stupid we will except 'Legally nothing can be done' crap!!!

hammer

Does it really matter what he says or does. He will be long gone from office. Our wealth will never recover. Our debt will never be extinguished. Our health service will never recover.

Fides

Does it really matter what he says or does. He will be long gone from office. Our wealth will never recover. Our debt will never be extinguished. Our health service will never recover.
Actually hammer it could if we learn something from this and make some fundamental changes to the way we are governed. It's a big IF I know but all we can hope to get out of this mess.

Mister men

Does anyone even listen to what he has to say anymore?

NewRepublic

Brian, can we afford the interest rates??

Brian will not answer the question and after about ten whole minutes of spoofing I think we will deduce the answer is no.

wellfkmepink

WTF do you expect?having the two Brian's and our Finance dept (the envy of all banana republic's),lets get real here,our senior civil servants are THICK as are our leaders,the whole world knows this now!!!!!but because we (the Irish) are so stupid we will except 'Legally nothing can be done' crap!!!
The entire Irish nation is stupid according to someone who doesn't know the difference between accept and except.

We must be ************************************ or you must be full of it.

Top Bottom