Biffo tries to re-write the crisis history - blames the Greens

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Cowen...had a reasonable brain ...as far as I can see...under the Haughbertian reign of terror...Cowen did little wrong...sure...he did little right...but he wasn't the worst FFer

However when the crisis broke ... I seem to remember a hoarse, sluggish and emotional man ...often absent...and Lenihan had to connive with the Greens to get anything done

Greens undermined my authority over 2011 reshuffle, says Cowen

Former taoiseach Brian Cowen has said he chose to resign when the Green Party revolted over a planned reshuffle in 2011, saying that it had undermined his authority.
In a new book called Hell at the Gates, the former Fianna Fáil leader
Furthermore ...just what Cowen was fiddling at whilst Ireland nearly burned... is a story I'd like to see come out

cyp

GDPR

Cowen...had a reasonable brain ...as far as I can see...under the Haughbertian reign of terror...Cowen did little wrong...sure...he did little right...but he wasn't the worst FFer

However when the crisis broke ... I seem to remember a hoarse, sluggish and emotional man ...often absent...and Lenihan had to connive with the Greens to get anything done

Furthermore ...just what Cowen was fiddling at whilst Ireland nearly burned... is a story I'd like to see come out

cyp
Your thread title is not justified by anything in the article, but hey, this is politics.ie

The Field Marshal

The Greens were and remain utter slime.

Fianna Fail did not recognize their slimyness.

John Gormley remains the most hated politician in the history of Irish politics.

The Field Marshal

It wasn't me it was the greens :rolleyes: classic jaba the hut
Have you ever actually seen the slime belched forth by John Gormley and his followers?

It remains as a filthy carpet over a lot of contemporary discourse.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Have you ever actually seen the slime belched forth by John Gormley and his followers?

There's varying strands within the Greens

My view is that Gormley was and is bonkers

Eamon Ryan and Dan Boyle are pretty ok

cyp

off with their heads

Of course they are uber slime to be utterly reviled but their happy clappy bullsh1t wasn't the fundamental reason biffo crashed the economy and brought the international vulture funds in

General Urko

What was the level of consultation with The Greeners on the night of thr Guarantee?
The Greens were a Troika Party, ultimately!
They wnated to introduce a plastic bag tax of upto €1, sure no other country in the world would tolerate anything like 22 cents!
Cowen was the wrong man in the wrong place and the wrong time! But he can now enjoy a massive pension and a Topaz Directorship!:mad:

VHF

Is Mr. Cowen suffering from acute psychological trauma episodes?

It really is unbelievable to hear this gentleman utter such lame excuses. Let's rewind the script Mr. Cowen now appears to proclaim. Let it be clear, it was the active Fianna Fail political policy decision choices which doomed the Irish economy. In particular, their failure to agressively invoke far more effective banking and insurance regulation and corporate enforcement powers and resourcing increases at the ODCE. Make no mistake, the actions of FF policitical policy decisions were grossly negligent and a deliberate wilful act which caused catastrophic harm and injury to the citizens of this country. The fallout will continue for at least two decades, a generational loss.

Exhibit (i): https://youtu.be/T8E-VYHtmj4

Man or Mouse

cyp
This gobshyte crossed my mind last night watching a Brexit debate on BBC. There was a Tory minister on the panel who was a remainer in the campaign, but, he stated clearly, that once the British people had given their verdict, it was up to him to implement it. Very different from Mr Cowen when we voted NO to Lisbon. He and his cohorts should never be forgiven or forgotten for this above all other of their sins.

Ironically, had our politicians held the line then, Brexit would most likely not have happened now and we might have a more tolerable EU.

parentheses

Biffo nearly destroyed Fianna Fail.

If he hhad led them into the 2011 election, I don't think the party would now exist.

Disillusioned democrat

John Gormley remains the most hated politician in the history of Irish politics.

The Green's BIGGEST failure was holding out for so long - Ahern should never have got to pass the toxic baton to village idiot Cowen in the first place.

What I remember most "fondly" was Eamonn Ryan backing Willy O'Dea to the hilt - usurping Gormely's place as most hated Green TD anyway.

WayOutWest

What a terrible time in Irish politics and Irish history. I have nothing personal against Cowan but his time in finance and as Taoiseach was a disaster for us all. He must have been blind and stupid not to have any awareness of the problems that the policies that he and Bertie introduced. The Greens were two faced and Ryan still is.
Cowan rewriting history or is he trying to justify his pension increase. Maybe his present pension and the money from DOB is not enough.

Mad as Fish

Your thread title is not justified by anything in the article, but hey, this is politics.ie
Your overtime hours must be way up there with what Hammers and HBAPs once were in their day.

Mad as Fish

Is Mr. Cowen suffering from acute psychological trauma episodes?

It really is unbelievable to hear this gentleman utter such lame excuses. Let's rewind the script Mr. Cowen now appears to proclaim. Let it be clear, it was the active Fianna Fail political policy decision choices which doomed the Irish economy. In particular, their failure to agressively invoke far more effective banking and insurance regulation and corporate enforcement powers and resourcing increases at the ODCE. Make no mistake, the actions of FF policitical policy decisions were grossly negligent and a deliberate wilful act which caused catastrophic harm and injury to the citizens of this country. The fallout will continue for at least two decades, a generational loss.

Exhibit (i): https://youtu.be/T8E-VYHtmj4
They were living high on the hallucinations of lassiez faire economics and didn't know when to stop.

Catalpast

cyp
He went to pieces when the s.hit hit the fan

- however he fed that fan a lot of it....

Intelligent? - Yes

But like many Irish politicians he had no concept of the fact

- that actions

- have consequences

I think he is now working for Denis O'Brien?

sic transit

There are really quite a few ahead of him if you're given to that sort of thing. I do give him credit for putting a stop to the Metropolis of Monaghan.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies