• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Big gaffe by Biden

anewbeginning

Anyone see this on the news.

This could potentially destroy US and world Air Travel and has the potential to spread panic among air passengers.

Biden says he wouldn't go anywhere on a plane right now because of swine flu.

He really shouldn't have said that, the risk of contracting swine flu on a flight is minimal, and even if you do contract it there are medicines to cure it.

Very irresponsible of Biden to come out and say that, almost talking people out of flying by airways.

Major gaffe imo. I heard that he was gaffe prone, but didn't believe it until now.

flavirostris

He has form with this sort of thing.

Described Obama as "clean & articulate" during the primaries setting off a race row.

Famously stole a Neil Kinnock speech in the eighties

Told a guy in a wheelchair to "stand up"

pete2

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRV5Y1JCGRI]YouTube - Biden Gaffe: Asks a Gentleman in a Wheelchair to Stand Up[/ame]

youngdan

Was it a gaffe Pete2. I just mentioned this on the Pig Pox thread

East Coast Elitist

Verhofstadt

Website
I like Biden, it's rare to get a politician at such a high level who will speak their mind as opposed to spouting rehearsed soundbites

Victor Meldrew

He's right. The only way to contain this is to reduce travel. Very inconvenient, but true....

pete2

I do not think that is a big gaffe. If he did not know the guy, how would he have known he was in a wheelchair. Thought he dealt with it pretty well after.
I know hes good natured enough, and likeable thats how he can get away with the gaffes. There is no meanness to it like with Sammy Wilson. This latest gaffe isnt that big.

There is actually an outbreak of the swine disease in the whitehouse now, (or so they say), will probably dominate the news feeds a while.

anewbeginning

He's right. The only way to contain this is to reduce travel. Very inconvenient, but true....
Fact check....the vast majority of people movement from Mexico to the US is not by air but by road and foot.

What really needs to happen is to find the source of the outbreak and make a controlled area with quarantines.

It needs to be restricted to the areas of outbreak.

As I said in the original post, there is treatment for swine flu once you get it.

The main point is that you weigh up the risks....banning air travel could lead to worldwide economic meltdown. So far about 100 people have died from swine flu, much less than died from Sars.

So weigh the consequences here. Isolate Mexico yes, don't panic people into not flying. You are putting hundreds of thousands of airline workers jobs at risk, airport workers at risk and tax revenues at risk. All airlines would go out of business if people stopped flying through fear.

Bidens response was completely over the top and even the government experts havent said flying should be stopped. It's a gaffe no doubt.

Utopian Hermit Monk

Just to prove he hasn't lost his told gaffe touch, Joe delivered another one this morning:

[video=youtube;fj42qlg_mgo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj42qlg_mgo[/video]

"Anyone wearing orange is not welcome." :?

Just as well Peter Robinson cancelled his trip this year! :shock2:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies