• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Big Ian Says F.T.P

between the bridges

Lord Bannside has said that Francis The Pope should stay out of the Falklands row.

Writing in Friday’s News Letter, the former First Minister highlighted Pope Francis view that the Falklands should be returned to Argentina.

“This first Jesuit pope from the new world has a lot of old problems to be getting on with, never mind taking over the Falklands,” said Lord Bannside.
“Pope Francis head-butted the British when he paid tribute to the “usurped” Argentinians who, as he so deftly put it, wanted to “claim the country that is theirs.
Shameful politicizing by a religious leader, not to mention the violence, i mean a headbutting pope whatever next? no wonder the good Rev brought it up....

InsideImDancing

InsideImDancing

:rolleyes:

james toney

btb supping the vodka in her handbag again.

Mattarigna

Lord Bannside has said that Francis The Pope should stay out of the Falklands row.

Shameful politicizing by a religious leader, not to mention the violence, i mean a headbutting pope whatever next? no wonder the good Rev brought it up....
Need I point out the very obvious hypocriticy?

J

Johnny Boy

BTB
I'm not sure who's the bigger drama queen, you or big fat Ian.
This story is historic, and the Pope hasn't spoken publicly about it since his election.
As it is an article of faith for practically all Argentinians, that the Falklands were stolen from their inheritance by the Brits, it is equally likely that Lionel Messi shares this view, as did Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa, famously, three decades ago. His views are hardly a surprise, in other words.
I'd doubt very much if the Pope will ever express his view on the matter publicly again.
I'm sure that he understands that his role is to lead British Catholics as well, who obviously take a different view, and that he now has a responsibility to remain neutral.
But, of course, for a belligerent old fart like Big Ian, the temptation to stay quiet until the man actually broke with protocol and spoke out of turn (terribly unlikely, you must admit), was much too great.
Big Ian would never have been able to afford a home on leafy Cyprus Avenue, without spouting this sort of sh!te to all the gullible, credulous bug-eyed bigots that this part of Ireland is infamous for.

between the bridges

BTB
This story is historic, and the Pope hasn't spoken publicly about it since his election.
As it is an article of faith for practically all Argentinians, that the Falklands were stolen from their inheritance by the Brits, it is equally likely that Lionel Messi shares this view, as did Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa, famously, three decades ago.
I'd doubt very much if the Pope will ever express his view on the matter publicly again.
I'm sure that he understands that his role is to lead British Catholics as well who obviously take a different view.
But, of course, for a belligerent old fart like Big Ian, the temptation to stay quiet until the man actually broke with protocol and spoke out of turn (terribly unlikely, you must admit), was much too great.
Big Ian would never have been able to afford a home on leafy Cyprus Avenue, without spouting this sort of sh!te to all the gullible, credulous bug-eyed bigots that this part of Ireland is infamous for.
moi can think of another candidate...

Drogheda445

BTB
As it is an article of faith for practically all Argentinians, that the Falklands were stolen from their inheritance by the Brits, it is equally likely that Lionel Messi shares this view, as did Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa, famously, three decades ago. His views are hardly a surprise, in other words.
I'm sure that he understands that his role is to lead British Catholics as well, who obviously take a different view, and that he now has a responsibility to remain neutral.
It is literally a national obsession in Argentina. Whenever the government fares poorly it will always use the Falklands issue as a means of shoring up support, and it works like a charm. There isn't much of a debate, rather an obligation to support the Argentinian cause. Those who criticise the government over the Falklands are branded "traitors" and "sepoys".

I certainly don't mind debate over the issue (although I support the British argument, I would prefer to see the Falklands go independent, since it would remove the colonialist argument), but there isn't much debate in Argentina. In Britain, there is plenty of it, with certain MPs like George Galloway voicing support for Argentina.

bona na croin

3 languages in one sentence. I'm impressed.
Wait until you see him marching, playing the flute and eating a catholic baby all at once, in July!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies