bigot was a term of abuse for Normans, and possibly related to the oath bi got "by God : wiki

McSlaggart

The former Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) MP William McCrea has been nominated to the House of Lords.

The move will increase the DUP's current number of peers to four.

The Queen approved the nomination of 13 new peers early on Friday evening, with Mr McCrea being the only nominee from the DUP.

Former DUP MP William McCrea to get peerage - BBC News

I went to see the bold William speak a few times. He could be found on the top of a flat bed lorry giving out his wisdom on the politics of the day. When you heard him speak one often reflected on the fact that it has been said the Hillbillies of the USA from the short form of his name (billy) and that they lived in the hills1. I think its great that he will be spending more time in his motherland. He hope he considers taking up a full time residency.

""Hillbillies" are often considered independent and self-reliant individuals who resist the modernization of society, but at the same time they are also defined as backward and violent."

wikipedia

NB: Did not see the thread on the main board on the matter. If the mods wish to delete this thread or merg I am perfectly happy with that.

CastleRay

New sectarian trolling material is a bit thin for you.

You could just delete the thread yourself given you know its duplication but I suppose that’d defeat the purpose of it being here again.

McSlaggart

You could just delete the thread yourself given you know its duplication but I suppose that’d defeat the purpose of it being here again.
Firstly I did not know you could delete your own thread. Still did not find it when I went looking for it.

McSlaggart

FYI:

"Hillbilly
The origin of this American nickname for mountain folk in the Ozarks and in Appalachia comes from Ulster. Ulster-Scottish (The often incorrectly labeled "Scots-Irish") settlers in the hill-country of Appalachia brought their traditional music with them to the new world, and many of their songs and ballads dealt with William, Prince of Orange, who defeated the Catholic King James II of the Stuart family at the Battle of the Boyne, Ireland in 1690.

Supporters of King William were known as Orangemen and Billy Boys and their North American counterparts were soon referred to as hill-billies. It is interesting to note that a traditional song of the Glasgow Rangers football club today begins with the line, 'Hurrah! Hurrah! We are the Billy Boys!' and shares its tune with the famous American Civil War song, Marching Through Georgia."

Hillbillies and Rednecks | Scottish Tartans Authority

McSlaggart

between the bridges

Sluggy is in charge of the latest shinner plan - to bore us into a United Ireland with his spam ....
[video=youtube;anwy2MPT5RE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE[/video]

Cruimh

Cruimh

[video=youtube;anwy2MPT5RE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE[/video]
What time does your street party (crannog party?) start?

Our sausage rolls and vol au vents are in the oven, the beers and champers are being chilled and the wimmins are now ironing the flags.

Poor old sluggy - he's just in a huff because he didn't get an invite to the event of the year....

McSlaggart

What has that got to do with this thread?
"I went to see the bold William speak a few times. He could be found on the top of a flat bed lorry giving out his wisdom on the politics of the day. "

Mc Cray publicly called for bombing raids on towns in Tyrone and the DUP did not kick him out of the party?????

between the bridges

What time does your street party (crannog party?) start?

Our sausage rolls and vol au vents are in the oven, the beers and champers are being chilled and the wimmins are now ironing the flags.

Poor old sluggy - he's just in a huff because he didn't get an invite to the event of the year....
start? ye mean when does it end...

former wesleyan

I presume Waterford Whispers are still trying to satirise this.

between the bridges

I'm told offence has been taken at 44 Parnell Square - Mary Lou couldn't attend, but alas the ticking of the delightful Silver Gilt carriage clock she sent as a wedding present was misunderstood and the bomb squad banjaxed it with a controlled explosion....
Moi hears the Narthern commander sent 200k fags and a barrel of diesel...

Cruimh

"I went to see the bold William speak a few times. He could be found on the top of a flat bed lorry giving out his wisdom on the politics of the day. "

Mc Cray publicly called for bombing raids on towns in Tyrone and the DUP did not kick him out of the party?????
Hell, Martin Corry called for the killing of everybody in NI with poison gas in the Dáil in 1938 and wasn't even asked to leave the chamber let alone bokked out of Fianna Fail ....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies