Bigoted Orange Order being anti-Catholic again

President Bartlet

Orange Order calls on Protestants not to use the phrase 'RIP' - BBC News

The Orange Order has asked its members to stop using the term 'RIP' to express grief or sympathy after a death.
It said the phrase is unbiblical, un-Protestant, and a form of superstition connected to Catholicism.
RIP is an abbreviation of 'rest in peace' or in Latin, 'requiescat in pace'.
In a publication marking the 500th anniversary of the Reformation, the order called on Protestants to stop using the phrase.

Time to outlaw this sectarian organisation - nothing cultural about it.

hollandia

Orange Order calls on Protestants not to use the phrase 'RIP' - BBC News

The Orange Order has asked its members to stop using the term 'RIP' to express grief or sympathy after a death.
It said the phrase is unbiblical, un-Protestant, and a form of superstition connected to Catholicism.
RIP is an abbreviation of 'rest in peace' or in Latin, 'requiescat in pace'.
In a publication marking the 500th anniversary of the Reformation, the order called on Protestants to stop using the phrase.

Time to outlaw this sectarian organisation - nothing cultural about it.
It's common in Anglicanism and, get this, Lutheranism. Y'know, that Lutheranism - yer actual original protestants.

The phrase dormit in pace (English: "he sleeps in peace") was found in the catacombs of the early Christians and indicated that "they died in the peace of the Church, that is, united in Christ."[1][2][3] The acronym R.I.P., meaning "rest in peace", continues to be engraved on the gravestones of Christians from several denominations,[4] especially the Catholic Church, the Lutheran Church and the Anglican Church.[5]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rest_in_peace

Lutheranism has its roots in the work of Martin Luther, who sought to reform the Western Church to what he considered a more biblical foundation
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutheranism

GDPR

If the Orange Order came to an end.....

Could one say RIP......
No, and it is very wrong to say RIP if an Orange man dies. One should rather say if you must say anything "May God have Mercy on his soul".

theloner

Up the RIP

Aristodemus

I really don't know why anyone gets exercised by an issue like that. It's their view and accords with their fundamentalist brand of religion. The same with their view that Sundays are special. As long as it doesn't impinge on anyone else, so what?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

razorblade

Some things never chance i see, they are a cancer on this island, the sooner they are confined to the dustbin of history the better.

mac tíre

If we used the Irish, we wouldn't be having this argument.

:p

theloner

Mickeymac

Agreed Aristo, and it gives all of us that arrived safely in the 21st century a belly full of laughs. Remember the wide ranging survey it did on 0.005% of the NICS. It was a fecking hoot. It showed how people had been caught talking about attending christenings, while others had been scooped passing on Mass Cards to families of the deceased. Wild stuff. http://www.politics.ie/forum/northern-ireland/247248-horrendous-discrimination-ni-civil-service.html

Among the outrageous extremism found by the Orange Order's own investigation

More enlightenment for the "one side as bad as the other brigade":lol::lol::lol:

Where is JB when you need him?:D

blinding

One is led to believe that the Orange Order may have too much time on its hands.......

hollandia

If we used the Irish, we wouldn't be having this argument.

:p
Ar dheis Dé go raibh anam....

But, "Worshipful Grand Master (insert name here), has expired. He has ceased to be. He is no more, gone to join the choir invisible. Pushing up the daisies...." would be much much better...

redacted

The OO are regressive degenerate bigots. But I couldn't care less if the say R.I.P. or not.

Who cares?

New Threads

Most Replies