Bigoted Orange Order being anti-Catholic again

CastleRay

The God loving Jesus freaks just can not stop with their hateful posts . When are you lot going to grow up and realize that this assumed deity in the sky is leading you all to slaughter each other so it can sit back to enjoy the carnage.
Irony?

Paddyc

Of course the Roman Catholic Church is sectarian, can a Moslem, Hindu or Jew join it and still keep their faith?
The RCC is precisely that, a church.

The Orange Order is not a church.

One of these things is not like the other.

Paddyc

Why not, both are sectarian.
Let me try again. One is a church, a religion. Most people are born into a church or religion, but some convert later in life. When converting later in life, presumably, one swears that the religion they are joining is the one true faith, path to God, whatever.

One is not, Nobody is born into the OO, people join as adults. They do not have to be of one religion to join. There is no religion of "Orangism", there are no "Orangist" churches or chapels or cathedrals.

When adults join the OO they do not "convert" to join the OO. They do not have to disavow Islam, Hinduism, Jainism, Judaism or Jedi - just one religion, (Roman) Catholicism.

Again, the short version - OO not a faith. RCC a faith.

Got it now, or do I have to dumb it down further.

CastleRay

Orang Order is a religious organisation. The RC Church is a religious organisation. It's splitting hairs to argue that they are fundamentally different in the context of this discussion. Both are sectarian by their nature.

between the bridges

Let me try again. One is a church, a religion. Most people are born into a church or religion,
Incorrect, What you mean is parents may chose...

but some convert later in life. When converting later in life, presumably, one swears that the religion they are joining is the one true faith, path to God, whatever.
Indeed but orangies are barstewards for doing the same...

One is not, Nobody is born into the OO, people join as adults.
Incorrect, One can join the Jr OO at 7 years old...

They do not have to be of one religion to join.
Incorrect, They have to be members of a reformed church.

There is no religion of "Orangism", there are no "Orangist" churches or chapels or cathedrals.
Correct (well done) however there are Orange chaplains/ministers and orange services in many churches

When adults join the OO they do not "convert" to join the OO. They do not have to disavow Islam, Hinduism, Jainism, Judaism or Jedi - just one religion, (Roman) Catholicism.
Incorrect, all non reformed churches

Again, the short version - OO not a faith. RCC a faith.
Indeed, however that doesn't stop it from being a religious institution...

Got it now, or do I have to dumb it down further.
ye could try getting it right before being any dumber...

NMunsterman

Mickeymac

Orang Order is a religious organisation. The RC Church is a religious organisation. It's splitting hairs to argue that they are fundamentally different in the context of this discussion. Both are sectarian by their nature.

I see, once again Raz, you have reverted to comparing apples and orangies, only a crazy fool bigot would do such a comparison.

Paddyc

Incorrect, What you mean is parents may chose...

Indeed but orangies are barstewards for doing the same...

Incorrect, One can join the Jr OO at 7 years old...

Incorrect, They have to be members of a reformed church.

Correct (well done) however there are Orange chaplains/ministers and orange services in many churches

Incorrect, all non reformed churches

Indeed, however that doesn't stop it from being a religious institution...

ye could try getting it right before being any dumber...
The OO is not a religion. The Catholic Church is. The clue is in the title "Church".

Thanks for playing and thank you for confirming that the OO is sectarian.

Thanks and bye....

AhNowStop

PeacefulViking

The OO is not a religion. The Catholic Church is. The clue is in the title "Church".

Thanks and bye....
Why on earth should it make any difference whether it is a church or not? I understand it is a convenient double standard for nationalists since it exempts their largely RC compatriots from any responsibility for the bigoted teaching or the crimes of the religious organisation they choose to support but from a neutral point of view there is zero reason that a people who are members of church should be held less responsible for its teaching than members of any other ideological organisation.

Sword of Gideon

2 Unionists (SOG and CastleRay) on this thread acknowledging that the Orange Order is sectarian.

Good to see more Unionists honestly acknowledging the sectarianism at the heart of the Orange Order.

DUP slams Presbyterian's claim Orange Order is sectarian - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
What do you mean by sectarian? is the dictionary definition or something you have decided to define yourself?
"strongly supporting a particular religious group " "denoting or concerning a sect or sects."

Sword of Gideon

Thanks and bye....
What do you mean by sectarian? is the dictionary definition or something you have decided to define yourself?
"strongly supporting a particular religious group " "denoting or concerning a sect or sects."

Sword of Gideon

CastleRay

Sectarian is not anything derogatory in terms of those religious organisations. They are sectarian by definition. So what? If equality means anything it is the freedom to hold religious opinion / faith. Neither the OOs or RCs are my thing but they are perfectly entitled to their views just the same as me. Neither organisation impact on my life or restrict me from living the way I choose, so they can fill their boots with what they believe and do. More tolerance is required here across the board.

Sword of Gideon

A lot of republicans who post here claim to have no religion, many have attacked the RCC on many things over the years, but they are very quick to jump to the defence of the Roman Catholic Church when someone or a group who belong to another religion point out its failings and false doctrine.

GDPR

Sectarian is not anything derogatory in terms of those religious organisations. They are sectarian by definition. So what? If equality means anything it is the freedom to hold religious opinion / faith. Neither the OOs or RCs are my thing but they are perfectly entitled to their views just the same as me. Neither organisation impact on my life or restrict me from living the way I choose, so they can fill their boots with what they believe and do. More tolerance is required here across the board.
Grow up Ray- the Troubles hasn't impacted your life? Another bout of "Troubles" wouldn't effect your life?

The OO is a religious organization alright but their Religion isn't Protestant Christianity.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom