Bigoted Orange Order being anti-Catholic again

publicrealm

Maybe he's just pining for the fjords?

The NornIron Orange prefers kippin' on it's back! Remarkable bird, innit, squire? Lovely plumage this time of year!

Mickeymac

The OO are regressive degenerate bigots. But I couldn't care less if the say R.I.P. or not.

Who cares?

Very few, I suspect, but, rest assured it will be like the "crocodile" stupidity and in each and every passing of these bigots will be met with a resounding RIP in notices,:lol::lol::lol:

Same ol, they are their own worst enemy.

former wesleyan

The OO are regressive degenerate bigots. But I couldn't care less if the say R.I.P. or not.

Who cares?
What's bigotry got to do with it ? They don't believe in transubstantiation either but what's that got to do with bigotry ?

Mickeymac

Maybe he's just pining for the fjords?

The NornIron Orange prefers kippin' on it's back! Remarkable bird, innit, squire? Lovely plumage this time of year!

The OO don't do birds pal....particularly this species......

redacted

What's bigotry got to do with it ? They don't believe in transubstantiation either but what's that got to do with bigotry ?
I brought up bigotry as I was referring to an infamously bigoted organisation, the OO?

What's transubstantiation got to do with it?

Sword of Gideon

Three pages of attacks on the protestant religion, thinly veiled as an attack on the OO.

Is that not hate and bigotry?

former wesleyan

I brought up bigotry as I was referring to an infamously bigoted organisation, the OO?

They are, but their position vis a vis RIP - the subject of the thread - has nothing to do with bigotry per se.

General Urko

Orange Order calls on Protestants not to use the phrase 'RIP' - BBC News

The Orange Order has asked its members to stop using the term 'RIP' to express grief or sympathy after a death.
It said the phrase is unbiblical, un-Protestant, and a form of superstition connected to Catholicism.
RIP is an abbreviation of 'rest in peace' or in Latin, 'requiescat in pace'.
In a publication marking the 500th anniversary of the Reformation, the order called on Protestants to stop using the phrase.

Time to outlaw this sectarian organisation - nothing cultural about it.
A lot of Jaffas feared with some justificationa UI citing Home Rule = Rome Rule, which it effectively became down South!
However, it is laughable in the extreme that clowns like these can have any issue with modern Southern Irish People as the majority of us, outside of vertain blackspots are a lot more liberal and cosmopolitan in opur thinking than them!

collina

Over the years I've heard various Orangemen claim that Protestant Ulstermen are a lost tribe of Israel. I'm starting to believe the lost bit more and more. So there's a God somewhere taking offence because somebody is getting the magic words wrong while at the same time there are boatfulls of families fleeing all sorts of christian-made nasties in North Africa. Crikey.

Sword of Gideon

It is just another thing we do not believe in, that Roman Catholics do. Is that bigotry?
Is the objection to selling of indulgences, bigotry?
We do not believe in praying for the dead, is that bigotry?

redacted

They are, but their position vis a vis RIP - the subject of the thread - has nothing to do with bigotry per se.
100% correct. I never implied it does. That would be pretty dumb to be honest. Hopefully you didn't really think I was implying that?

AhNowStop

It is just another thing we do not believe in, that Roman Catholics do. Is that bigotry?
No but treating Catholics as second class citizens was and is bigotry ...

Sword of Gideon

Over the years I've heard various Orangemen claim that Protestant Ulstermen are a lost tribe of Israel. I'm starting to believe the lost bit more and more. So there's a God somewhere taking offence because somebody is getting the magic words wrong while at the same time there are boatfulls of families fleeing all sorts of christian-made nasties in North Africa. Crikey.
Wrong, it anti-protestants getting offended over something that has been going on for years.

redacted

No, not bigotry. Nor is wearing bowler hats bigotry. I'm not sure of your point though?

Are you implying that the OO aren't bigots? Without bigotry they cease to have meaning.

former wesleyan

A lot of Jaffas feared with some justificationa UI citing Home Rule = Rome Rule, which it effectively became down South!
However, it is laughable in the extreme that clowns like these can have any issue with modern Southern Irish People as the majority of us, outside of vertain blackspots are a lot more liberal and cosmopolitan in opur thinking than them!
They never claimed to be liberal and cosmopolitan when they opposed Home Rule. In fact Protestant Belfast was in the throes of evangelical fervour at the time. Revivalism as they call it.

Mickeymac

Thing is Urko, these moonhowlers are very far from modern.......they live in the past with Orange Triumphalism over Catholics.

Sword of Gideon

Are you implying that the OO aren't bigots? Without bigotry they cease to have meaning.
The Orange Order is not bigoted.
I can not see how professing ones religion can be classed as bigotry.
Would you call the Dalai Lama or the Bishop of Rome a bigot?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies