Bigots launch online campaign against former Irish soldier

Fr. Hank Tree

That is clearly a retrospective justification.

You realised there was little credible response to the freedom of expression point regarding a national flag being flown,so you upped the emotional ante by invoking the regimental flag of the Parachute regiment.
I don't think you even know what you're talking about here.

For your benefit: Tony invoked freedom of expression. I then employed a hypothetical to show how the freedom of expression argument was flawed; why not use same argument to defend the flying of a parachute regiment flag for example? Seeing this, Tony then(i.e. after, so no restrospection) elaborated by drawing a distinction between national flags and other flags.

Let me know if you require drawings :roll:

redneck

Some Irish people march behind the Tricolour on Padddy's day and WW1 commemorations. And burn it on the 11th and 12th of July!!!!!!

rainmaker

Administrator
I don't think you even know what you're talking about here.

For your benefit: Tony invoked freedom of expression. I then employed a hypothetical to show how the freedom of expression argument was flawed; why not use same argument to defend the flying of a parachute regiment flag for example? Seeing this, Tony then(i.e. after, so no restrospection) elaborated by drawing a distinction between national flags and other flags.

Let me know if you require drawings :roll:
You were on thin moral ice so you pulled out a hypothetical, invalid comparison to up the emotional ante in defence of the treatment this man has been receiving. That was all I said.

We're pretty much in agreement on that - I'm just a little more honest about your motive for doing so.

bogtrotter

A retied member of Óglaigh Na h-Eiréann is the subject of an online campaign in Co Donegal by posters who object to the flying of a British flag on his holiday premises in Dunfanaghy, Brendan Rohan who was a senior officer in the Defence Forces owns a holiday village and flies the flag when he has British visitors, however he now finds himself subject to threats to encourage a boycott of his business by people opposed to him.

Oglaigh na h-eireann,,,,,,, was he in the IRA.... If so why fly the British flag?

Flag protest as Donegal holiday park vows to keep Union Jack flying high - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

GDPR

You were on thin moral ice so you pulled out a hypothetical, invalid comparison to up the emotional ante in defence of the treatment this man has been receiving. That was all I said.

We're pretty much in agreement on that - I'm just a little more honest about your motive for doing so.
I wouldnt worry about that chancer: hes a Southern Irish Catholic Republican who has made it clear he detests me as a Northern Irish Republican because I wont back his abortion fixation.

The last type any Northern Republican would want to be associated with.

Myers Mimnagh

United Ireland my hoal.

After reading two or three pages of the above bull- no thanks.

LISTOWEL MAN

A retied member of Óglaigh Na h-Eiréann is the subject of an online campaign in Co Donegal by posters who object to the flying of a British flag on his holiday premises in Dunfanaghy, Brendan Rohan who was a senior officer in the Defence Forces owns a holiday village and flies the flag when he has British visitors, however he now finds himself subject to threats to encourage a boycott of his business by people opposed to him.

Flag protest as Donegal holiday park vows to keep Union Jack flying high - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
was he a real soldier or is he a murder/abuse enabler defiling the title ?

RodShaft

Surely the hotels in Dublin and other cities fly Union flags sometimes?

Do they get abusive phone calls?

Why should this guy, just because it's a small business?

Because he's on a crusade. If his business was boycotted, it would fold, but I don't think anyone could be arsed.

Blokesbloke

Because he's on a crusade. If his business was boycotted, it would fold, but I don't think anyone could be arsed.
A crusade? By putting up a flag representing the guests staying at his business?

Jaysus, that's a crusade in Donegal?

Quiet place, isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Emily Davison

A crusade? By putting up a flag representing the guests staying at his business?

Jaysus, that's a crusade in Donegal?

Quite place, isn't it?
It's also quite conservative. Anything West generally is and anything top West ish especially. Kind of like Cromell's to hell or to Connaught, left of the Shannon. Though Donegal is a bit odd up there on it's own on the top left.

I've left out Bea C's lovely country, that's bottom left. Healy Rae country.

Mushroom

Is it? What's the egg chasing season then, is that to do with marching?

Ulstermen celebrating - note the absence of the Ulster flag. (ROG thinks that he's a Taff!)

Emily Davison

Ulstermen celebrating - note the absence of the Ulster flag. (ROG thinks that he's a Taff!)
No idea what your on about. Especially the ROG/Taff? Do you mean Ronan O'Gara ? Why would the Irish rugby team have an ulster flag?

Mushroom

No idea what your on about. Especially the ROG/Taff? Do you mean Ronan O'Gara ? Why would the Irish rugby team have an ulster flag?
Sorry. But as I'm not a qualified remedial teacher I am unable to help. Why not ask one of your older siblings, a parent or a friend - if you have any.

P.S. Good to see that you appear to have worked out what an egg chaser is. Well done, keep trying!

Plebian

Dude sets out to troll his neighbourhood and gets the response he was looking for, charming.

Emily Davison

Sorry. But as I'm not a qualified remedial teacher I am unable to help. Why not ask one of your older siblings, a parent or a friend - if you have any.

P.S. Good to see that you appear to have worked out what an egg chaser is. Well done, keep trying!
You hardly think I'd ask for your help. If you can't make posts that are clear it's you need the remedial teacher. You also clearly don't understand what a discussion board is for.

Anyway whatever it was you were on about, I'm sure it wasn't pleasant. A whif of fungus about always.

redneck

There is a strong Republican community in Donegal. Likewise there is a strong Unionist community along the border.
All of this shows me the need for a new inclusive Flag for N.I.
I have suggested the Irish Tricolour with a Red Ulster cross in the white part. A green, white with red cross, and orange one as a compromise.

Mushroom

You hardly think I'd ask for your help. If you can't make posts that are clear it's you need the remedial teacher. You also clearly don't understand what a discussion board is for.

Anyway whatever it was you were on about, I'm sure it wasn't pleasant. A whif of fungus about always.

Whatever about your cerebral prowess, I'm very impressed with your olfactory capabilities!

*EPIC SUCCESS*

If I was in the hospitality industry and a large proportion of my guests were British I would fly the Union Jack too.

Roisin3

If I was in the hospitality industry and a large proportion of my guests were British I would fly the Union Jack too.
Indeed.

Anytime I travel I only book into hotels that have the Irish flag flying. Very important to the holiday vibe in particular. Imagine trying to relax and get some colour on me and there's no tricolour fluttering in the sea breeze nearby.

FFS.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom