Biker Gangs in Ireland?

Betson

Just reading about a current Murder case going on in the courts (Link Below) and was wondering are there many of these types of Biker gangs operating in Ireland , each with their own territory where members from other Biker gangs cannot go etc etc

I know it is common in the Sates and indeed in Scandinavia but was unaware of such a scene in Ireland. These gangs normally operate as a criminal enterprise and mainly consist of lads in their 30's , 40's and 50's etc.

Biker shot rival motorcycle club member dead over territorial dispute - murder trial hears - Independent.ie

cabledude

They do exist. My uncle was (is) still a member of one of them. Unlike in the US where they are renouned for running drugs, money laundering, prostitution and the rest, the Irish are generally enthusiasts. Generally.

But like in all walks of life, you'll get the bad eggs.

Betson

They do exist. My uncle was (is) still a member of one of them. Unlike in the US where they are renouned for running drugs, money laundering, prostitution and the rest, the Irish are generally enthusiasts. Generally.

But was your uncle in a Biker club or a gang?

Did they have club/Gang colours and attack other Biker gang members if they drank in a pub in their area etc.

They is a big difference I think in lads who consider themselves as part of a biker club compared t those who consider themselves in a biker gang.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
There was a crowd in Waterford back in the 80s. Led by a fellow who rode a trike, I think. I heard the trike was used as a wedding carriage at one stage.

Not sure what their style was, whether the reputation they acquired was based on the 'look' or whether they were a serious attempt at a bike gang.

Ruff says Flaherty

I used to pass through Murroe for work. A sleepier little village you would not find. This story is absolutely bizzare. I am shocked.

GDPR

There was a poster on here who had a Ministry sharing the Gospel (albeit a Protestant distorted one) on here. Ulster Prods lads love their motorcycles which is one of the thing I like about them. I have been nagging my better half on and off to get a motorcycle for himself.

johnnypockets

There was a crowd in Waterford back in the 80s. Led by a fellow who rode a trike, I think. I heard the trike was used as a wedding carriage at one stage.

Not sure what their style was, whether the reputation they acquired was based on the 'look' or whether they were a serious attempt at a bike gang.
Think the lad with the trike was from Cork. Did he not have a pub in town? Fred Zeppelin's I think.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.

Freewheelers.

Antóin Mac Comháin

That trike rings a bell. I definitely came across at least one trike, during the 80's. The bikers I knew, had bikes for their breakfast, dinner and tea. Work life and social life revolved around bikes.

The_SR

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.

A feared biker gang that has taken part in deadly feuds with other so-called “outlaw biker gangs’ opened its first ever full chapter in Ireland. The Bandidos established themselves in Limerick in October 2016 with a ceremony that was heavily attended by the Gardaí (Irish police). The biker gang, formed in Texas in 1966, is considered by U.S. law enforcement to be one of the “big four” biker gangs alongside the Hells Angels MC, Pagan’s MC and Outlaws MC.

Despite the strong international profile of the Bandidos, it is seen as unlikely that they will challenge established crime gangs in the city. How they will coexist with the Hells Angels, a biker gang long established in Ireland, remains to be seen, however.

Dutch police who arrested 20 people this week in raids on members of the notorious Bandidos motorcycle gang – involved in a shootout in Waco, Texas, earlier this month that left nine dead – say they found a large cache of weapons, including five rocket-propelled grenade launchers.
The Dutch Hell’s Angels were once the most feared motorcycle gang in western Europe, but last year the Bandidos started their first local “chapter” in the southern city of Sittard, and police say they’re becoming increasingly concerned about the possibility of a “war” between the two gangs.

Antóin Mac Comháin

Did they have club/Gang colours and attack other Biker gang members if they drank in a pub in their area etc.

They is a big difference I think in lads who consider themselves as part of a biker club compared t those who consider themselves in a biker gang.
One biker gang had a club in Dublin, and they were told to pack up and leave by the locals.

There's a biker club on the north side of Dublin with links to the *Soldiers of Odin*? Members of a Canadian Chapter of the bike gang they were involved with, were convicted for distributing the rape drug, GHB, in Canada:

While Taylor and his friends are thrilled with the return of the Hells Angels' "gear" he doesn't comment on this part of the story he links to: 'The decision comes 18 months after a marathon trial in which members of the downtown Toronto Angels’ chapter were found not guilty of being members of a criminal organization — even though they were convicted of other criminal charges, including conspiracy to traffic cocaine and the date rape drug GHB.'

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi1l5DCy4bVAhWML8AKHdkjA64QFgg0MAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fanti-racistcanada.blogspot.com%2F2016%2F05%2Fsoldiers-of-odin-81-problems-and-snitch.html&usg=AFQjCNHmzkjxWuXEQF3mCOhyuO5j_BPwLA

Last edited:

SeanieFitz

I read it and, not to take away from the dreadful crime, isn't it childish behaviour by men in their 50's?

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com

Biker clubs such as the Hells Angels, Bandidtos, Outlaws always refer to themselves as clubs and would take it as an insult to be called a gang. Most motorbike clubs are pretty harmless and don't wear large back patches and call themselves a masculine name such as the Pirates, Mavericks, Bastard Brothers etc But there just a bit of crack, go on rideouts, have rock nights etc bikers are ALWAYS heavy metal fans :D There are even all female clubs such as the Piston Sisters in Derry !

However clubs that have a 1% badge on their jackets and tattooed along with the club patch take themselves much more serious and are known as "outlaw clubs" . The club that shot the guy in the Road Tramps were then called the Caliberos or something like that but have since been 'patched' into the Bandidtos a seriously violent club with a clubhouse in Limerick. The shooting may have been them making their bones for membership of the Bandidtos. The Bandidtos and Hells Angels, which have branches in Dublin and Belfast, are notorious for going head to head. I have heard the Bandidtos were throwing their weight around a few biker gatherings in the south west, only a matter of time before themselves and the Hells Angels go at. And then things will get VERY serious. BTW I'm in an non patch club, jus' a bit of ridin' and boozin' ;)

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
One biker gang had a club in Dublin, and they were told to pack up and leave by the locals.
Never heard of that ? Could have had their club licence invoked, who were they ?

Se0samh

Biker clubs such as the Hells Angels, Bandidtos, Outlaws always refer to themselves as clubs and would take it as an insult to be called a gang. Most motorbike clubs are pretty harmless and don't wear large back patches and call themselves a masculine name such as the Pirates, Mavericks, Bastard Brothers etc But there just a bit of crack, go on rideouts, have rock nights etc bikers are ALWAYS heavy metal fans :D There are even all female clubs such as the Piston Sisters in Derry !

However clubs that have a 1% badge on their jackets and tattooed along with the club patch take themselves much more serious and are known as "outlaw clubs" . The club that shot the guy in the Road Tramps were then called theCaliberos or something like that but have since been 'patched' into the Bandidtos a seriously violent club with a clubhouse in Limerick. The shooting may have been them making their bones for membership of the Bandidtos. The Bandidtos and Hells Angels, which have branches in Dublin and Belfast, are notorious for going head to head. I have heard the Bandidtos were throwing their weight around a few biker gatherings in the south west, only a matter of time before themselves and the Hells Angels go at. And then things will get VERY serious. BTW I'm in an non patch club, jus' a bit of ridin' and boozin' ;)

Andrew O'Donoghue: Relative of biker arrested in connection with murder says she is proud of suspected killer - Irish Mirror Online

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
Just reading about a current Murder case going on in the courts (Link Below) and was wondering are there many of these types of Biker gangs operating in Ireland , each with their own territory where members from other Biker gangs cannot go etc etc

I know it is common in the Sates and indeed in Scandinavia but was unaware of such a scene in Ireland. These gangs normally operate as a criminal enterprise and mainly consist of lads in their 30's , 40's and 50's etc.

Biker shot rival motorcycle club member dead over territorial dispute - murder trial hears - Independent.ie

You've never heard of East Antrim Lost Souls?

Antóin Mac Comháin

Never heard of that ? Could have had their club licence invoked, who were they ?
As far as I know they did lose their licence. Just because the locals didn't complain directly to you, and nobody sought to fill you in on the details, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Why don't you ask the bald langer from Cork?

Antóin Mac Comháin

There's a biker club on the north side of Dublin with links to the *Soldiers of Odin*? Members of a Canadian Chapter of the bike gang they were involved with, were convicted for distributing the rape drug, GHB, in Canada:

While Taylor and his friends are thrilled with the return of the Hells Angels' "gear" he doesn't comment on this part of the story he links to: 'The decision comes 18 months after a marathon trial in which members of the downtown Toronto Angels’ chapter were found not guilty of being members of a criminal organization — even though they were convicted of other criminal charges, including conspiracy to traffic cocaine and the date rape drug GHB.'

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi1l5DCy4bVAhWML8AKHdkjA64QFgg0MAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fanti-racistcanada.blogspot.com%2F2016%2F05%2Fsoldiers-of-odin-81-problems-and-snitch.html&usg=AFQjCNHmzkjxWuXEQF3mCOhyuO5j_BPwLA

However clubs that have a 1% badge on their jackets and tattooed along with the club patch take themselves much more serious and are known as "outlaw clubs" . The club that shot the guy in the Road Tramps were then called the Caliberos or something like that but have since been 'patched' into the Bandidtos a seriously violent club with a clubhouse in Limerick. The shooting may have been them making their bones for membership of the Bandidtos. The Bandidtos and Hells Angels, which have branches in Dublin and Belfast, are notorious for going head to head. I have heard the Bandidtos were throwing their weight around a few biker gatherings in the south west, only a matter of time before themselves and the Hells Angels go at. And then things will get VERY serious. BTW I'm in an non patch club, jus' a bit of ridin' and boozin' ;)
It's astonishing that an organization can distribute a rape drug, and not be forced to close down.

New Threads

Most Replies