Bill Of Rights

st333ve

Typical dishonest distortion.

Where have I said that SF should be stopped from discussing it ?
Or that I'm opposed to it ?
You seem to believe that if it isn't in the GFA then Unionists can just ignore it.

SF are their partners in government, the fact that SF has to look for legal obligations in order to get these people to work is not acceptable.

They might get away with this attitude by refusing to engage because it's not in the GFA, However it makes them appear to be childish brats who need to be dragged kicking and screaming into doing their job.

You have a problem with SF trying to force the debate on this issue, but I see the true problem as being the reluctance of Unionists to engage with elected representitives.

The GFA was a long time ago, a lot of things will come up which aren't part of it and these atleast deserve public debate in the chamber.

turdsl

Nothing to worry about, everyone is entitled to their rights now, a bit hard for some people in the North to accept, Thanks to John Hume and Gerry Adams,

DuineEile

"sinnfeinireland" retweeted the below earlier:

one small problem for Sinn Féin - there is NO commitment in the GFA to a Bill of Rights for Northern Ireland.

There is a commitment to look at the possibility of Westminster drawing up a Bill of Rights for NI. But there is no commitment to enact one.

pages 20-21 GFA

So - there we have it - the NIHCR is to be invited to consult and consider the scope for.... But that is as far as it goes.​

Wonder why the French called the English "perfidious Albion"? Whatever did they mean?

D

st333ve

Really ? It's not a worry that SF are blatently telling a lie ?
Like the one Unionists told about implimenting the GFA?
Where's the Irish language act?
Pack of cheating lying communists.
It wouldnt matter if it was in the GFA when the word of the Unionist liars is worthless any way - as they seem intent on highlighting.

Cruimh

Like the one Unionists told about implimenting the GFA?
Where's the Irish language act?
Pack of cheating lying communists.
It wouldnt matter if it was in the GFA when the word of the Unionist liars is worthless any way - as they seem intent on highlighting.
Your mask has slipped st333ve from Boston LOL

Where is the commitment to an Irish language act in the GFA brains ?

(There isn't one ..... in fact there is no obligation on Unionists in respect of the Irish Language beyond the vague part I've put in Red ..... )

Have you read the document ? :eek:

3. All participants recognise the importance of respect, understanding and
tolerance in relation to linguistic diversity, including in Northern Ireland,
the Irish language, Ulster-Scots and the languages of the various ethnic
communities, all of which are part of the cultural wealth of the island of
Ireland.
4. In the context of active consideration currently being given to the UK
signing the Council of Europe Charter for Regional or Minority
Languages, the British Government will in particular in relation to the
Irish language, where appropriate and where people so desire it:
• take resolute action to promote the language;
• facilitate and encourage the use of the language in speech and writing in
public and private life where there is appropriate demand;
• seek to remove, where possible, restrictions which would discourage or
work against the maintenance or development of the language;
• make provision for liaising with the Irish language community,
representing their views to public authorities and investigating
complaints;
• place a statutory duty on the Department of Education to encourage and
facilitate Irish medium education in line with current provision for
integrated education;
• explore urgently with the relevant British authorities, and in co-operation
with the Irish broadcasting authorities, the scope for achieving more
widespread availability of Teilifis na Gaeilige in Northern Ireland;
• seek more effective ways to encourage and provide financial support for
Irish language film and television production in Northern Ireland; and
• encourage the parties to secure agreement that this commitment will be
sustained by a new Assembly in a way which takes account of the desires​
and sensitivities of the community.

No mention of an Irish Language Act there - D'oh!

st333ve

Did these men of their word sign up to the GFA II, St.Andrews agreement?

The part you highlighted, are Unionists respecting Irish?

Face it, pack of liars and cheats who refuse to change.

st333ve

I cant get adobe or flash on this thing, or copy and paste.
I will return with details of Unionist two faced lies and precise information.

collina

The GFA is a binding legal document.

If SF had wanted an obligation for a Bill of Rights they should have insisted on one. We spent years hammering out EXACTLY what was agreed and they signed up to it.

Bad negotiating combined with dishonesty now.

They cannot misrepresent the GFA by claiming there is a commitment to a Bill of Rights. There is no such commitment :)
I never really understood why people who shot children in the knees instead of handing out a hundred lines could want a Bill of Rights. Its obvious that Unionists politicians abhor the idea and always have done, so why not leave well-enough alone?

I think SF know full well there will be no Bill of Rights for NI alone, but like the decommissioning issue they probably feel there's plenty of mileage to be got out of just pursuing it yet. The self-obsessed, self centred and self destructive nature of the average Unionist like Cruimh will guarantee that not alone will NI never have a Bill of Rights, none its citizens will ever enjoy equal status with the citizens of its neighbouring island Britain.

Cruimh spends most of his hours on here so he's obviously given up on convincing his "mainland" cousins that their Union with NI has any merit.

It is however a matter of time before the Little-Englanders, will want their own parliament and will press for some form of Bill of Rights to trigger an arrangement that will bring them to par with the Scottish and Welsh Assemblies.

It is only English Nationalism that could bring a Bill of Rights and an eventual end to the Union, rather than the efforts of Irish Nationalism.

Cruimh

I cant get adobe or flash on this thing, or copy and paste.
I will return with details of Unionist two faced lies and precise information.
LOL

Here st333ve -

From the St Andrews Agreement

The Government will introduce an Irish Language Act reflecting on the
experience of Wales and Ireland and work with the incoming Executive​
to enhance and protect the development of the Irish language.

The Government refers to Westminster ......

There is no obligation on Unionists in respect of an Irish Language Act :oops::oops::oops:

Honestly - you are an embarrassment!

Cruimh

Cruimh spends most of his hours on here so he's obviously given up on convincing his "mainland" cousins that their Union with NI has any merit.
I don't have to convince them of anything :)

The GFA is in place petunia

The point is to make sure that SF and idiots like st333ve from Boston don't misrepresent what is there in Black and White.

Cato

It does appear from all this that SF are not as hot at negotiation as they imagine themselves to be.

collina

I don't have to convince them of anything :)

The GFA is in place petunia

The point is to make sure that SF and idiots like st333ve from Boston don't misrepresent what is there in Black and White.
Ten years ago something was written in Black and White in the Irish Constitution; somewhere near the beginning as I remember. The Irish people changed it however. As will the people of Britain when its constituent parts will go their separate ways and end the Union. Its about then that Unionists will be hollering for a Bill of Rights to protect them from Rome. Of course the Holy See will point to something else in black and white. Enjoy the catechism studies with your kids while you try to explain to them why somethings should never be put in writing.

Something else to look forward to in writing is "Marty woz here" on the First Ministers desk. A child-killer and you put him there; black and white as per GFA.

Cruimh

Ten years ago something was written in Black and White in the Irish Constitution; somewhere near the beginning as I remember. The Irish people changed it however. As will the people of Britain when its constituent parts will go their separate ways and end the Union. Its about then that Unionists will be hollering for a Bill of Rights to protect them from Rome. Of course the Holy See will point to something else in black and white. Enjoy the catechism studies with your kids while you try to explain to them why somethings should never be put in writing.

Something else to look forward to in writing is "Marty woz here" on the First Ministers desk. A child-killer and you put him there; black and white as per GFA.
Marty is being house-trained nicely petunia

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies