Bill Weld contemplating pulling out and backing Hillary Clinton

dent

This is from Carl Bernstein of Watergate fame

Carl Bernstein ‏@carlbernstein · Sep 16

Bill Weld could be a hero--instead of a Nader--if he renounces his own Libertarian candidacy and endorses/campaigns for HRC. Stay tuned.

Carl Bernstein: Weld May Quit and Help Hillary, 'Despises' Trump

Journalist Carl Bernstein stirred speculation Sunday about Libertarian vice presidential nominee Bill Weld quitting the race if his candidacy was helping to fuel a Donald Trump win.

In a Twitter post Bernstein said Weld could be "hero — instead of a [Ralph] Nader" if he followed through.

Later on CNN's "Reliable Sources," Bernstein, the author of "A Woman In Charge: The Life of Hillary Rodham Clinton," said Weld "despises Trump."

"I think that Bill Weld … is thinking about dropping out of this race if it looks like he and Gary Johnson might get Donald Trump elected," he said.

"Weld despises Trump. I don't think he's made up his mind, but it's certainly a point if it looks like that it would… go help Hillary Clinton. So stay tuned on that."

Last edited:

GDPR

That's good news. Hope he manages to persuade Johnson to do the same :shock: - maybe he'll do so by mid-October? That will leave Jill Stein and I doubt she'd ever pull out and vote for HRC, more likely she'd support Don "Capone" Trump.

GDPR

Hillary is in serious trouble in key swing states.
Why don't you look at the topic of this thread, and put your post in the proper one? Probably the POTUSA one is the best for it. Don't worry people will read it there, and not be distracted from the thread topic.

Why not delete and repost elsewhere?

Eire1976

That's good news. Hope he manages to persuade Johnson to do the same :shock: - maybe he'll do so by mid-October? That will leave Jill Stein and I doubt she'd ever pull out and vote for HRC, more likely she'd support Don "Capone" Trump.
Hillary has Parkinsons, why would pushing her on be good news?

AntoinFF

I think it's perfectly relevant and since they only came out in the last 24 hours, they are perfectly appropriate for those contributing to this debate to see. There is little to no chance of a small party candidate dropping out at this stage. The same stories were being spread a week or two ago that Trump would step down. Not like the Libertarians won't end up with a ticket anyway, and this ticket will still steal former Sanders supporters from Hillary.

GDPR

All I hope is that Hillery lives long enough to receive the unimaginable drubbing that Trump is going to give her.

GDPR

I think it's perfectly relevant and since they only came out in the last 24 hours, they are perfectly appropriate for those contributing to this debate to see. There is little to no chance of a small party candidate dropping out at this stage. The same stories were being spread a week or two ago that Trump would step down. Not like the Libertarians won't end up with a ticket anyway, and this ticket will still steal former Sanders supporters from Hillary.
You obviously have not a CLUE about how p.ie works.

1. Threads are created on different topics. This topic is about a libertarians possibly moving to support HRC.
2. There are a couple of other threads to which your post is relevant
3. You have posted the same post on different threads.

Eire1976

1. Threads are created on different topics. This topic is about a libertarians possibly moving to support HRC.
Gracie the mod :D

Hillary has no chance, soon she will have another seizure on cam and that will be that.

AntoinFF

Another reason why those polls are significant is the fact that they may dissuade someone from jumping onto the sinking Hillary ship.

AntoinFF

Let's take a look at the evidence here. A journalist who worked for the Washington Post (a Democratic Newspaper) has reason to believe that Weld may abandon ship to back Hillary.

The media are clearly trying to create some good spin for Hillary after her disastrous week.

But let's look at why nobody in their right mind would want to be associated with Clinton's campaign.

-With weeks to go before the election, Hillary's lead in key swing states has eroded. In Florida Trump has an 8 point lead, and Hillary is only ahead within a margin of error in Pennsylvania and Ohio.
-Hillary collapsed last weekend
-She looked drugged onboard her plane last night, clearly as a result of her pneumonia treatment
-Trump has had a huge resurgence and has cleaned up his act a lot, making him more palatable to moderates
-Being associated with an establishment cheerleader like Clinton could, in this election, ruin your future political career
-Clinton has seen her support among the black population collapse by as much as 20%
-Trump is polling higher with the black community than McCain or Romney
-Hillary is struggling with the white vote, which will be key in congressional elections going forward
-Hillary is against everything that most Libertarians stand for, and it is highly unlikely those intending to vote for Johnson now, would be persuaded to join Hillary
-Hillary has a bag full of scandals, many of which will continue to damage her in the coming weeks
-Hillary is unpredictable in the debates
-Hillary has no energy and is struggling to maintain even a low key campaign

Not a candidate I would want to be associated with.

Ardillaun

Weld would have known what Aleppo is.

The French system is better - popular vote and run-off between the top two.

Polly Ticks

[video=youtube;VGtkpA7luUE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGtkpA7luUE[/video]

PC Principle

Shut up Gracie, you lying tw@t.

GabhaDubh

Jesus Dent, let me help you with some bold lettering. We have threads wondering if this a political website.

Journalist Carl Bernstein stirred speculation Sunday about Libertarian vice presidential nominee Bill Weld quitting the race if his candidacy was helping to fuel a Donald Trump win.

In a Twitter post Bernstein said Weld could be "hero — instead of a [Ralph] Nader" if he followed through.

Later on CNN's "Reliable Sources," Bernstein, the author of "A Woman In Charge: The Life of Hillary Rodham Clinton," said Weld "despises Trump."

"I think that Bill Weld … is thinking about dropping out of this race if it looks like he and Gary Johnson might get Donald Trump elected," he said.

"Weld despises Trump. I don't think he's made up his mind, but it's certainly a point if it looks like that it would… go help Hillary

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies