Billy Graham is Dead - US most famous Preacher & Evangelist dies at the age of 99

Catalpast

Billy Graham is Dead - US most famous Preacher & Evangelist dies at the age of 99

US evangelist Billy Graham, who counselled presidents and preached to millions across the world from his native North Carolina to communist North Korea during his 70 years on the pulpit, has died aged 99, a spokesman said.
Mr Graham died at his home in Montreat, North Carolina, according to Jeremy Blume, a spokesman for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
He was a powerful figure when he preached in his prime, roaming the stage and hoisting a Bible as he declared Jesus Christ to be the only solution to humanity's problems.

https://www.rte.ie/news/us/2018/0221/942407-billy-graham/

Maybe a somewhat a forgotten figure now but at his height he was one of the Great Religious figures of his Age

Mentor to Presidents and Business Leaders and well as millions of ordinary people around the World he was instantly recognisable as a passionate messenger for Jesus Christ as the way to Salvation and a fiery Anti Communist

Cant say I was personally that moved by him

- but there is no doubting his influence on spreading the Word

I wonder what he thought of Donald J Trump?:shock:

May God rest his Soul anyway

GDPR

I wonder if he has gone to heaven and whether any of his followers went there because of his preaching?

He is at least better than Jimmy Swaggart.

Catalpast

I wonder if he has gone to heaven and whether any of his followers went there because of his preaching?

He is at least better than Jimmy Swaggart.
I knew that name rang a bell

- jeepers 30 years ago today!

On February 21, 1988, without giving any details regarding his transgressions, Swaggart gave his now-infamous "I have sinned" speech. He tearfully spoke to his family, congregation, TV audience, and finally said "I have sinned against You, my Lord, and I would ask that Your Precious Blood would wash and cleanse every stain until it is in the seas of God's forgetfulness, not to be remembered against me anymore.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Swaggart

The Field Marshal

He was not a Catholic.
Therefore unlikely to be in Heaven.

Telstar 62

Either communism must die or Christianity must die because it's actually a battle
between Christ and Anti-Christ.

- Billy Graham, 1953.

silverharp

did he ever get in any scandals ? , those Swaggart characters should have been thrown off tall buildings

Bill

[video=youtube;35K6vQRt67g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35K6vQRt67g[/video]

GDPR

I knew that name rang a bell

- jeepers 30 years ago today!

On February 21, 1988, without giving any details regarding his transgressions, Swaggart gave his now-infamous "I have sinned" speech. He tearfully spoke to his family, congregation, TV audience, and finally said "I have sinned against You, my Lord, and I would ask that Your Precious Blood would wash and cleanse every stain until it is in the seas of God's forgetfulness, not to be remembered against me anymore.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Swaggart
His transgressions were with one or more young, slinky, blondes.

He did not mention all the dosh he made from his faux messages of redemption.

Mushroom

He was not a Catholic.
Therefore unlikely to be in Heaven.
In Catholic Heaven, you mean. That's the heaven with no room for gays, lesbians, transsexuals, adulterers, onanists, GAA referees or Christian Scientists. But with a VIP lounge for kiddie fiddlers.

Catalpast

His transgressions were with one or more young, slinky, blondes.

He did not mention all the dosh he made from his faux messages of redemption.
Ok I'll forgive him the slinky blondes bit....

- so long as they're Females....

monsieur chat

A raving anti-semite. Thoroughly nasty piece of work.

The tape is particularly shocking because Mr. Graham has always maintained a respectable role in American life, presiding over Presidential inaugurations and appearing on the covers of Time and Newsweek . He has never been tainted with the scandals of some other famous evangelists. Former President George Bush called him “America’s pastor.” Publicly, Mr. Graham has made much of his friendships with Jewish leaders. But in the Nixon tapes, he is recorded as saying: “A lot of the Jews are great friends of mine. They swarm around me and are friendly to me, because they know that I am friendly to Israel and so forth. But they don’t know how I really feel about what they’re doing to this country, and I have no power and no way to handle them.”

“You must not let them know,” replies Nixon.

When Mr. Graham asserts that Jewish people control the news media, Nixon asks, “You believe that?”

“Yes, sir,” says Mr. Graham.

“Oh, boy. So do I,” says Nixon. “I can’t ever say that, but I believe it.”

Such a conversation would be disturbing enough if it was taking place among right-wing radio hosts in Idaho, or among a cell of Al Qaeda operatives in the caves of Afghanistan. That it was taking place in the White House–albeit the Nixon White House–is more than a little chilling. Especially as Mr. Graham hints that Nixon should take some action, as President, to deflate the imaginary Jewish conspiracy, saying, “If you get elected a second time, then we might be able to do something.” He does not specify what that “something” might be.
Billy Graham, Nixon And Anti-Semitism | Observer

Catalpast

THE DONALD has spoken:

Billy Graham, the 20th-century Christian crusader and father of showman evangelicalism who had the ear of 12 US presidents, has died at the age of 99.
Among the first to pay tribute were Donald Trump and his vice-president Mike Pence, the most recent beneficiaries of the voting power of US evangelical Christians.

Billy Graham, 'America's pastor' – a life in pictures

From the 1930s until the early years of this century, Graham drew crowds of thousands to hear his rallying cry for Christianity. Over almost six decades, it is estimated that he preached to more 200 million people

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/21/billy-graham-christian-evangelist-dies-99

Banjo Baker

Everyone knew the rules before the game began , no point in crying about now if you are not catholic.
True, you don't splinter away from the Church founded on the instruction of the Lord Jesus Christ without severe repercussions.

While some of their grievances were justified they should have sought reform and renewal from within.

So let's all say a pray for brother William's soul. May the Lord have mercy on him.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies