• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Bin Charges

fiannafailure

Fingal Co Council has cancelled its bin charge relief scheme for low income families and the elderly, do they really expect that people in these categories will pay waste charges rather than eat.

This decision is disgraceful and inept

absconded

I fear that these people affected might be tempted to deal with their refuse disposal in a less than acceptable manner.

fiannafailure

I fear that these people affected might be tempted to deal with their refuse disposal in a less than acceptable manner.
And it only took you a few moments to see the result of this decision in the real world, it rather begs the question, how smart are the people who take these decisions.

Fatso64

Fingal Co Council has cancelled its bin charge relief scheme for low income families and the elderly, do they really expect that people in these categories will pay waste charges rather than eat.

so leave it to working joe to foot the bill is it as usual ?, 200 plus a week is plenty and you can eat like a king for 50 leaving you plenty for you to pay to have your own waste removed

fiannafailure

so leave it to working joe to foot the bill is it as usual ?, 200 plus a week is plenty and you can eat like a king for 50 leaving you plenty for you to pay to have your own waste removed
You know a person who can make a statement like this is not only an idiot, he must still be living with his mammy.

dipole

Fingal Co. Co. don't care about the consequences.
Maintaining the environment isn't a concern of theirs.

I can't even get them to add our estate to the street sweeper route even though our estate is one of the closest to the Council Offices where it is stored and they'd be passing the estate everyday.
In the space of seven years we've gone from free rubbish collection to a tag system at €4:50 for a large wheelie bin to 8.50 euro with a fixed fee of €110 regardless of how little rubbish you throw out.
You can't even bring stuff to the local recycle centre without paying to get in and the hours of business on the local recycle centre have been stripped back so that it is seldom open outside normal business hours when members of the public would be able to make use of it's services.

fiannafailure

Fingal Co. Co. don't care about the consequences.
Maintaining the environment isn't a concern of theirs.

I can't even get them to add our estate to the street sweeper route even though our estate is one of the closest to the Council Offices where it is stored and they'd be passing the estate everyday.
In the space of seven years we've gone from free rubbish collection to a tag system at €4:50 for a large wheelie bin to 8.50 euro with a fixed fee of €110 regardless of how little rubbish you throw out.
You can't even bring stuff to the local recycle centre without paying to get in and the hours of business on the local recycle centre have been stripped back so that it is seldom open outside normal business hours when members of the public would be able to make use of it's services.
And yet they spent a lot of money in order to be declared the competent authority in this policy area.

constitutionus

watch public dumping shoot through the roof.

IIRC theres still about 25% of people whove never paid bin charges in their life as theyve been doing this instead since day one and it gets SOD all attention in the press.

watch holloween, i bet you anyting you'll see domestic refuse being chucked on bonfires in the area.

this decision is just dumb.

Fatso64

You know a person who can make a statement like this is not only an idiot, he must still be living with his mammy.
I suppose having to sign on earlier this year due to the mishandling of the economy and comparing my dole life with my working life and coming to the conclusion that working people in this country are being screwed to pay the bills of people who see welfare as a lifestyle choice , the same people who have been on the scratcher all their lives might make me an idiot all right and mammy dear whom i no longer live with was the one to show me that you can eat healthy cheaply if you have to . oh and to clean up myself and not expect it done for me by others .

hammer

Well Fingal Co Co wouldn`t be the most clued in normally anyway.

Make a stand. Leave it until one month after the due date to pay in future. Keep your money in your account earning interest not theirs !!!!

You should see what developments they are trying to give premission to just to get the development levies. Oireachtas committee here we come............

fiannafailure

I suppose having to sign on earlier this year due to the mishandling of the economy and comparing my dole life with my working life and coming to the conclusion that working people in this country are being screwed to pay the bills of people who see welfare as a lifestyle choice , the same people who have been on the scratcher all their lives might make me an idiot all right and mammy dear whom i no longer live with was the one to show me that you can eat healthy cheaply if you have to . oh and to clean up myself and not expect it done for me by others .

And you are raising a family on €204 euro a week are you, and the working people are now paying your bills, how does that feel.

The fact is that there will be many people who cannot afford the waste charges, they should do what, eat their waste.
I never suggested that people should not have to pay. But how much??

hammer

It is €120 per annum presently + €8 per tag.

If they`ve eliminated the "waiver" you can be sure the €120 & €8 will increase. Bear in mind also that these are allowable against your standard rate income tax. This will be discontinued also.

Your cost per annum should be about €180 presently

It will go to about €280 for 2010

When you look at this country in total you can see that to pay for all the mistakes they keep coming back to the same people. The people that in their eyes "enjoyed" the celtic tiger and are lucky enough to reside in Ireland.

Food will eventually become a LUXURY if this keeps up.............

Fatso64

And you are raising a family on €204 euro a week are you, and the working people are now paying your bills, how does that feel.
After paying in hundreds of thousands of euro into the system I feel fine thanks.
The fact is that there will be many people who cannot afford the waste charges, they should do what, eat their waste.
I never suggested that people should not have to pay. But how much??
They need to prioritize Cut out the unhealthy lifestyle ditch the fags and booze and crap food . I had to laugh a couple of months back some welfare queen on joe duffy insisting that after paying all her bills including some sky tv set up there was no money for the childs food ffs and he did nt even pull her on it Throw the tv out the window As for how much same as everyone else polluter pays .

fiannafailure

They need to prioritize Cut out the unhealthy lifestyle ditch the fags and booze and crap food . I had to laugh a couple of months back some welfare queen on joe duffy insisting that after paying all her bills including some sky tv set up there was no money for the childs food ffs and he did nt even pull her on it Throw the tv out the window As for how much same as everyone else polluter pays .
So what you are saying is that everyone on social security except yourself is a smoker, eats crap food and has a lazy lifestyle.

Is the sky blue on your planet.

Out of interst though you stated that working people were subsidising the waste service, this means that as FCC have now stopped giving free bin tags, the cost of bin tags will now be reduced as everyone is now in the net. When will we get confirmation of this from FCC.

I do not think we will get said confirmation so your statement was a rant not a fact.

H

Excellent, perhaps cancelling the relief will result in some direct action being taken by locals aginst "bin charges" and help motivate the populous to prevent new rip off water charges.

Fingal MCC

Website
www.alanfarrell.ie

The provision of free bin tags to households who qualify for a waiver was abolished, not the actual waiver.

Was there a vote on this?
No vote.

Anything to do with Waste Services is a Managerial decision so councillors don't have a say in the matter.

And it only took you a few moments to see the result of this decision in the real world, it rather begs the question, how smart are the people who take these decisions.
FF took this decision when they removed it from the powers allocated to locally elected councillors.

Popular Threads

Most Replies