Bishop sets up an evil ministry with Reiki in his sights.

automaticforthepeople

His Lordship, Bishop Aphonsus Cullinan, leader of Roman Catholics in the Diocese of Waterford and Lismore has decided to target practitioners of the quack science called Reiki for special attention. Seems that Satan is somewhere in the background when people are rubbing one another with oils or whatever these fools do to up the energy levels.
One man in his diocese was scared out of his wits and returned to the church as a direct consequence, presumably saving a fist of money in the process which he will then cough up on the plate every Sunday instead.

Are there any other quack practices or beliefs that need to be exposed for what they are? Lourdes, Fatima and Knock as well as papal infalibility are other signs of unexplained energy giving notions to people of enormous power too. These are surely diabolical too.

In fairness to the Bishop he ran John Halligan from a confirmation ceremony a few months ago, so he knows something unworldly when he sees it.

Any others that the Good people of Waterford need warning of?

Bishop to set up exorcism ministry as he warns of the evils of reiki - Independent.ie

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Yoga was condemned by some man who went through life in a frock and believed in medieval djinns also, believe it or not.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
In reality the professional eunuchs of the cult tend to condemn anything they see as impinging on their sales area of superstition, wellness, meditation and so on.

They tend to think the cult offers all that and don't like practices they don't know anything about distracting from cult-time among the gobdaws.

Levellers

So the Christian tradition of the laying on of hands is now a target of the bishop?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Anyone called 'Aphonsus' in this day and age would almost certainly be better off on the hermit track rather than the bishopric career path.

automaticforthepeople

[video=youtube;Z-re_XulzZk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-re_XulzZk[/video]

To be fair to his grace, the main criticism of churches is that they don't get down and get funky with young people nowadays. This Evil Ministry group of his may bring back young people by talking to them in their own language. I wish him the best of luck and hope he still has the same spunk when it comes to the second album.

Shilts

How can anyone still support the Catholic Church.

They are anti-women, anti-gay, anti-abortion, anti-divorce, anti-contraception.
They raped children all over the world and then protected their rapist priests from justice. Not to mention the laundries, selling babies etc

Then they want us to believe in all the fairy stories that my 5 year old could see through as bu115h!t.
Transubstantiation, Ascension into heaven, Miracles needed to obtain sainthood.

Still, we have educated people who wan't to expose their children to all this malarkey. Queuing up to have their children take the sacraments - sheep!!!
Anyone who has anything to do with this cult is facilitating the continued abuse of our society by these nutbars.

The sooner the ageing priest population dies out for good, and this cult fades into history the better for mankind.

Bishop Fonsie is great as he speaks his simple but dangerous mind. But there are plenty others behind the scenes, who think like Fonsie, but who keep their dangerous words and deeds to themselves.

Maybe he should call Ghostbusters to help him out with the evil spirits.
I suspect the evil spirits he is dealing with may be found on the top shelf in the drawing room of his Bishops Palace.

McTell

Instead of saying that satanism causes child abuse by priests, and reiki, perhaps His Lordship can explain why the church went to such trouble and expense to cover up child abuse, if it was satan's fault all along.

Unless of course the church is in league with satanism.

The moral is that if you wind up the less well educated with illogical ideas, before long you end up believing them yourself.

PAGE61

Reilki apparently has the same effect as a placebo no matter what Mikao Usui thought. It is a well meaning alternative treatment .
For it to work ,you have to believe in aura's etc.

For a FR Ted like priest to say such stupid things and then start to talk about exorcisms is beyond bizarre.
Not only is there the Lourdes /Fatima moving statues guff but add exorcisms to this list of archaic thinking of the CC ..

DJP

Reilki apparently has the same effect as a placebo no matter what Mikao Usui thought. It is a well meaning alternative treatment .
For it to work ,you have to believe in aura's etc.
It's a complementary therapy, not alternative therapy, and you don't have to believe in aura's for it to work. I think it's great, but on the other hand I do believe evil exists also. To say that Reiki is evil is lazy. I wish there was a process started so that Reiki could be used in the public- and private- healthcare systems in Ireland like it is in the NHS in the UK.

Shilts

It's a complementary therapy, not alternative therapy, and you don't have to believe in aura's for it to work. I think it's great, but on the other hand I do believe evil exists also. To say that Reiki is evil is lazy. I wish there was a process started so that Reiki could be used in the public- and private- healthcare systems in Ireland like it is in the NHS in the UK.
Reiki is totally unproven quackery.

DJP

Reiki is totally unproven quackery.
If you are an atheist I can understand how you would think that as it has a spiritual philosophy. Reiki practitioners don't claim that is cures any physical or mental ailments.

PAGE61

Each to their own, If it works for you, all the better. I do not know much about it but i would not be reliant on it if i was ill .

however..... evil it is not

Half Nelson

They raped children all over the world and then protected their rapist priests from justice. Not to mention the laundries, selling babies etc

Then they want us to believe in all the fairy stories that my 5 year old could see through as bu115h!t.
Transubstantiation, Ascension into heaven, Miracles needed to obtain sainthood.

Still, we have educated people who wan't to expose their children to all this malarkey. Queuing up to have their children take the sacraments - sheep!!!
Anyone who has anything to do with this cult is facilitating the continued abuse of our society by these nutbars.

The sooner the ageing priest population dies out for good, and this cult fades into history the better for mankind.

Bishop Fonsie is great as he speaks his simple but dangerous mind. But there are plenty others behind the scenes, who think like Fonsie, but who keep their dangerous words and deeds to themselves.

Maybe he should call Ghostbusters to help him out with the evil spirits.
I suspect the evil spirits he is dealing with may be found on the top shelf in the drawing room of his Bishops Palace.
Give us your philosophy of life... unless you've got nuthin'?

We're all ears.

GDPR

It is funny the way people blame the Church as such for the activity of the out of control homosexuals in it's ranks and than turn around and blame it for being anti-homosexuality- not funny ha, ha but rather funny bemusing and peculiar.

Half Nelson

If you are an atheist I can understand how you would think that as it has a spiritual philosophy. Reiki practitioners don't claim that is cures any physical or mental ailments.
The few I know who do practise reiki are also fairly off-centre in other areas as well.
One such holds seances. The local joke is that she'll talk to the dead but ignores the living.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom