• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Bit of a washout - or is this ad Racist - U decide......

Catalpast

If you put something Black in the washer

- should it not come out a lighter colour?petunia

[video]http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/asia-pacific/controversial-chinese-detergent-ad-labeled-as-racist-1.2663032[/video]

ger12

No, it shouldn't.

Karloff

You can see it here....
[video=youtube;Xq-I0JRhvt4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq-I0JRhvt4[/video]

Yet apparently there was an equally racist white to black version released in Italy.

maxflinn

You can see it here....
[video=youtube;Xq-I0JRhvt4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq-I0JRhvt4[/video]

Yet apparently there was an equally racist white to black version released in Italy.
WTF! :shock:

Weevil

This ad apparently is from 1783, just about the year the Chinese ad belongs-

flavirostris

Supposed to be a direct rip-off of '90s Italian detergent commercial which goes the exact opposite way.

Italian woman puts weedy Italian bloke into washer and out comes muscle bound black dude.

Weevil

Supposed to be a direct rip-off of '90s Italian detergent commercial which goes the exact opposite way.

Italian woman puts weedy Italian bloke into washer and out comes muscle bound black dude.
Except this ad replaces a black workman with a Metro-sexual toy boy.

In the case of this ad it should be noted that Chinese industry and commerce has found willing partners in corrupt African leaders to exploit African workers and resources.

Plus la change, plus c'est meme chose.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
To an extent it depends on the beholder

Though released unqualified and for gen pop...then it's probably racist

The above is independent of the fact that it's darn funnee

Cyp

TARZAN

If you put something Black in the washer

- should it not come out a lighter colour?petunia

[video]http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/asia-pacific/controversial-chinese-detergent-ad-labeled-as-racist-1.2663032[/video]
If you put something white into the washing machine and it came out black then you would have a real problem.:D

RodShaft

To an extent it depends on the beholder

Though released unqualified and for gen pop...then it's probably racist

The above is independent of the fact that it's darn funnee

Cyp
Not funny in the slightest.

I never thought I'd say this, but your childish look at me threads on matters sexual may not be your most disturbing characteristic after all.

Cato

From the comment section on Youtube:

here is a summary of the comment section:You got black people saying the ad is racist, you got white people saying the ad is not racist its just offensive, you got SJWs saying Chinese people can't be racist. Then you got white and black supremisists having a race war to see who's more racist.
It's not an entirely inaccurate summery of the comments.

Whatever about offensive, it is racist, but is also classist (the latter being a prejudice that is widespread, but rarely commented on).

corporal punishment

Klux detergent, gets your white sheets whiter than white. Good for colored's too.

former wesleyan

I'm surprised someone hasn't put an Orangeman in and have him come out green ! Or, in the interest of the new dispensation, the opposite.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies