“Black is Beautiful” - or is it? - when things dont roll out quite as planned....

Catalpast

“Black is Beautiful” has long been a popular Slogan used far and wide

Indeed a pint of the Black Stuff goes down well on Friday night I find....

But some people take offense when its used in a certain way

- and has landed a top Brazilian Model in something of a tangle

The manufacturers of a new brand of luxury black toilet paper in Brazil have been accused of racism for using the slogan “Black is Beautiful” as part of an advertising campaign starring a famous white actress.
The Personal VIP Black toilet paper was launched on Monday by Santher, a Brazilian company based in São Paulo, with a glossy advertising campaign starring Marina Ruy Barbosa, a white, red-haired, blue-eyed actor who appears naked except for swaths of the black toilet paper.
Black activists and commentators accused the company of appropriating the name of a cultural movement from the 1960s that spread around the world and was also used by South African anti-apartheid campaigner Steve Biko.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/24/brazil-toilet-paper-black-is-beautiful-advert-outrage

As far as I can see its another case of liberal snowflakes getting their N.ickers in a twist over nothing...

Black Jax paper is a bit weird all the same mind!

Has anyone tried it

- and what's its like?:shock:

stopdoingstuff

Why is she in trouble, pray tell? Has this been interpreted as an attack on global blackness?

hollandia

Lemme see.

"black"
"racism"
"liberal snowflake elite"

HOUSE!!!!!

Itsalaugh

Is it ok to point out without being called a racist that the US State Dept in the last year of Obama's Presidency was pretty content with the return of 'white supremacy' to Brazil through a 'costitutional coup'.
The countries half Black, yet the only non whites at the enormous protests were maids taking care of the supremacist rightwingers spoilt sprogs.
https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN0Y71KH
Following the coup all 23 govt minsters were white.
But Blacks vote for genuine leftists in Brazil - who under President Lula helped tens of millions escape poverty - and not identity politcics charaltans like 90% of the US democrats who've done little to address the deep indemnic and social issues poverty among African Americans but instead slaver to bankers and lobbyists for the 1%.

owedtojoy

The manufacturers of a new brand of luxury black toilet paper in Brazil have been accused of racism for using the slogan “Black is Beautiful” as part of an advertising campaign starring a famous white actress.
The Personal VIP Black toilet paper was launched on Monday by Santher, a Brazilian company based in São Paulo, with a glossy advertising campaign starring Marina Ruy Barbosa, a white, red-haired, blue-eyed actor who appears naked except for swaths of the black toilet paper.
Black activists and commentators accused the company of appropriating the name of a cultural movement from the 1960s that spread around the world and was also used by South African anti-apartheid campaigner Steve Biko.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/24/brazil-toilet-paper-black-is-beautiful-advert-outrage

As far as I can see its another case of liberal snowflakes getting their N.ickers in a twist over nothing...

Has anyone tried it

My advice to you is untangle your own knickers and stop making stupid comments about other people's.

Get this absolutely cretinous thread to the Zoo - fast!

eoghanacht

He's not obsessed is he, not one bit obsessed at all.

Clanrickard

Has anyone tried it

Personally I think Caucasian women are the prettiest. But that is just me. The toilet roll company should tell the whiners to f off.

Morgellons

She has a lovely mane of hair, God bless her.

Skypeme

Has anyone tried it

Cultural appropriation? Depends on who is doing the appropriating. Freddie Wilson just loves her cowboy hats.

KEYHOLE KATE

There was a fashion in the "Black is Beautiful" era (see Angela Davis) for Irish women to get Afros at the hairdresser Not a success. Michelle Obama and kids favour straight hair as if they were of Asian origin. The strongest and most lustrous hair is from Asia where ,most of the hair extensions are made. The hair can then be dyed, after bleaching, to the preferred shade. Look at some of the R.T.E. presenters, male and female, and also politicians They are wearing the hair of some poor Asian woman whilst spouting about the Third World. Environmentally this is a disaster as all the dyes get flushed into lakes and rivers. As for black toilet paper........

New Threads

Most Replies