• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Blacks Panters in Greece Vow to Exterminate Golden Dawn

yayo

Greece’s neo-Nazi Golden Dawn party, which critics said have been beating immigrants with impunity as the government is frozen over what to do, will find itself squaring off with people who fight back.Black immigrants in Greece – many of them in the country unlawfully – have formed the Black Panthers, taking their name from a 1960′s black power group in the United States and said they will send out patrols to confront Golden Dawn.In a report aired on Britain’s Channel 4 TV, Michael Chege, a Kenyan who lives in Athens, warned Golden Dawn it would be exterminated if it tries to mess with black people again.He said he and a group of friends have set up a brigade and will protect themselves and neighbors in areas where he said Golden Dawn has attacked immigrants.“I am a member of the Black Panthers and everybody knows that. So I am giving them [Golden Dawn] a straight warning – don’t mess with black people, anyhow. And I mean it,” said Chege speaking to Channel 4 reporter Jamal Osman.“We will exterminate them,” he said. “

Standing up to Golden Dawn in Greece - Channel 4 News

Black Panthers Will Fight Golden Dawn | Greece.GreekReporter.com Latest News from Greece

The circus in Greece threatens to boil over and turn ugly. Is Greece on the cuff of ethnic and racial chaos?

ibis

"Blacks Panters" conjures up a rather odd image. A series of odd images, even, none of them particularly welcome.

Still, however oddly named, Golden Dawn was pretty much bound to inspire some such reaction.

Astral Peaks

The circus in Greece threatens to boil over and turn ugly. Is Greece on the cuff of ethnic and racial chaos?
No idea, but you can still buy a cup of coffee with euros there.

stopdoingstuff

[video=youtube;g37HT4-EtzE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37HT4-EtzE[/video]

P Ryan

I'm not a fan of Golden dawn by a longshot, but perhaps being illegally in the country and all that, maybe these people should simply stop being vigilantes and go back to where they belong?

Verhofstadt

Website
I'll not be wearing me black pants on my upcoming visit to Athens* just in case.. green pants will be safe enough I suppose.

*Yes people still go to Greece to do business.

Verhofstadt

Website
I'm not a fan of Golden dawn by a longshot, but perhaps being illegally in the country and all that, maybe these people should simply stop being vigilantes and go back to where they belong?
I'm not a racist but..

P Ryan

I'm not a racist but..
ummm, not agreeing with illegal immigration has exactly what to do with being racist?
The skin colour of the vigilantes is irrelevant to me, I think they should just go home and stop breaking the laws of said state?

People like you can't claim to be law abiding if on the one hand you rightly condemn facist thugs and hooligans like golden dawn, but on the other hand turn a blind eye to those that don't respect national borders or the legal processes of immigration.

carruthers

ummm, not agreeing with illegal immigration has exactly what to do with being racist?
The skin colour of the vigilantes is irrelevant to me, I think they should just go home and stop breaking the laws of said state?
Calling for illegal immigrants to be repatriated if racist. Apparently...

ibis

Calling for illegal immigrants to be repatriated if racist. Apparently...
Immediately assuming someone black in Greece is an illegal immigrant is what gives the game away. Eh well, out before all the usual suspects are here.

bob3344

People like you can't claim to be law abiding if on the one hand you rightly condemn facist thugs and hooligans like golden dawn, but on the other hand turn a blind eye to those that don't respect national borders or the legal processes of immigration.
Absolutely, and the other point is that Greece is one of the main entry points for illegal immigrants into Europe. They're getting swamped.

Emergence of a group like the golden dawn is inevitable given the economic climate.

yayo

No idea, but you can still buy a cup of coffee with euros there.
Euro. Not euros (sorry, petty bugbear).

One tenth of the Greek population consist of illegal immigrants. That does not include the legal immigrants. Think about that for a second. In Ireland, 17% of our population are legal immigrants. Can you imagine the furore if we had 450, 000 illegals?

The Greek powers to be largely ignored the illegals and now the Golden Dawn are the third largest political party and ethnic strife seems inevitable.

yayo

Immediately assuming someone black in Greece is an illegal immigrant is what gives the game away. Eh well, out before all the usual suspects are here.
Read the article from channel 4. Even they admit that most blacks in Greece are illegals. One tenth of the Greek population are illegal.

Wigmore

I don't know how those Black Panters have time to catch their breath.

ibis

Try reading the article
I did. "Many of them" isn't the same as all of them, and the somewhat exaggerated and repetitive concern shown over illegal immigration which coincides with certain skin colours is still a giveaway, while the way a response to violence is delegitimised by the immigration status of the victims would be objectionable even without the racist undertone. All the usual suspects are assembling on thread to be very concerned about "immigration" - without being in the least bit racist, for reals.

Clanrickard

Read the article from channel 4. Even they admit that most blacks in Greece are illegals. One tenth of the Greek population are illegal.
So beating them up is ok then? For the record two wrongs don't make a right but I'd be interested in seeing the police reaction to the Black Panthers.

yayo

This is manna from heave to the Golden Dawn. They will spin the f*ck out of this and use it to their advantage. The Kenyan lad has jumped the shark. This wont end well for him or his people.

Most coppers in Athens are Golden Dawn supporters.