• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

shiel

It is, that's why quotas were introduced.
Women's under-representation took two and half millenia to be even an issue to be discussed.

After a century or so they got the vote.

After another century or so quotas were considered.

As an issue women's under-representation did not rate too highly in the political narrative.

Patslatt1

I think we can take it for granted that a qualification from the IPA is not among Pat's various degrees, diplomas and PhDs and other assorted expertise.
You need to read widely instead of doing all those useless degrees.

Barroso

You need to read widely instead of doing all those useless degrees.
There is no harm in reading widely, but unless you understand what you read, and also understand the quality and limitations of what you read, you may as well not bother reading at all.

Granballoon

Facts are not negative language. And I did say that most women do not want high-powered, shoulder-pad wearing jobs, I have no clue what your problem is with what I am saying at all.

You really need to grow up.
How would you know what 'most' of 50-52% of the population want? You their spokesman?

CatullusV

Your verbosity tries to subtitute for logic. There are lots more males than females with very senior experience in politics,government, finance and economics that would have performed well as trade commissioner. So probability dictates that the successful applicant in a majority of cases should be male, reflecting that fact. Of course, this doesn't rule out a female applicant. Say the ratio of very senior females to males is one in four, then probability dictates that a female should be the successful applicant a quarter of the time.
That is an entirely specious and, at its core, a circular argument.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom