• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Bloody Sunday Killings ''UNLAWFUL''

Bluemoon85

The Defence minister’s comments today were he didn’t even make reference to the victims or their families is damning of this conservative government. Whether the tories like it or not, a British army uniform does not bestow a license to kill on those who wear it. They really are a horrid shower.
Well shooting unarmed civvies is pretty indefensible, but can be presented as "collateral damage" if you ignore the victims and praise the killers, it's the supremacist theocracy at work......degrading the rights of citizens, including their right to life, by changing the context and focus of opinion.

Antóin Mac Comháin

You really are an utter gobshite.
One of the "peaceful protesters" had been given nail bombs.
Jog on you disgusting individual, have you bought Martin any pints lately?
I wouldn't slag off anyone with the type of mental health issues that poster appears to have, and I suspect that alcohol may explain some of it, because even if it were true 'that SF/IRA was indeed the Roman Catholic version of ISIS', that has SFA to do with Bloody Sunday and the subject-matter of the OP. If you repeat a lie often enough it eventually becomes the truth as they say, and I think that poster has convinced themselves that Bloody Sunday was indeed organized by SF and not by the Civil Rights Movement, the gun battles they are alluding to took place and the British soldiers were shooting at "IRA Volunteers" and "rioters" and not at "peaceful protesters"..

LISTOWEL MAN

No Sir its how dare you troll a mass murder of innocent people on this island . You probably are not mentally capable of understanding your actions so best left alone to enjoy your misery .
tell the truth .. do you think the IRA murderers should be held to account no better no worse exact same as soldier F

belcoo666

tell the truth .. do you think the IRA murderers should be held to account no better no worse exact same as soldier F

They were

But we all know that is irrelevant to you .

It seems ignore might be the best way to deal with you as obviously your agenda fits in very well with the current level of moderation on this site .

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
Read the Saville report
The Saville report is not admissable as evidence. Reports from tribunals-as we know very well here in Ireland-can point to the direction criminal investigations can take, but they can not replace evidence gathered in such a way.

Marcella

The Saville report is not admissable as evidence. Reports from tribunals-as we know very well here in Ireland-can point to the direction criminal investigations can take, but they can not replace evidence gathered in such a way.
While the police can’t submit the savile report, they can conduct interviews and gather their own ballistic reports independent of past inquiries. I assume they’ve done this and forwarded their evidence to the PPS. So with independent eye witness testimony and ballistic evidence it seems surprising that one soldier can be charged while others walk.

Emily Davison

While the police can’t submit the savile report, they can conduct interviews and gather their own ballistic reports independent of past inquiries. I assume they’ve done this and forwarded their evidence to the PPS. So with independent eye witness testimony and ballistic evidence it seems surprising that one soldier can be charged while others walk.
Many witnesses will be dead. And as far as I know no investigation was undertaken at the time as regards evidence that could be used in a murder trial. The one soldier who according to Savilke knew who F shot is also dead. Very helpful for F that. If I was cynical I might think that is a good reason for trying F by the British. Especially given what Bradley and others have said.

WTTR

Website
www.johnfhiggins.eu
'Part of a war' - Gen Sir David Richards, a Northern Ireland veteran who rose to become the head of the UK's armed forces as chief of the defence staff, understands the pressures the paratroopers were under.

"Bloody Sunday was part of a war. These are warriors, soldiers who are going into a situation uncertain of what may happen next.'

[B]Relatives 4 Justice[/B]‏ @[B]RelsForJustice[/B] 8- “The passage of time has made prosecutions difficult... but should not be used as blanket immunity.... There should be no new laws to protect state killers”

"I cannot accept your apology, but I will accept your resignation" - Frances Meehan, whose brother was killed by security forces in Northern Ireland, tells #cblive about her meeting with Northern Secretary .

I was talking about the current Irish government, due to the manner with which so many of them were 'outraged' one day by Bradley's comments, and the next day they were saying they weren't seeking her resignation and that it was time to 'move on', thus implying that Bloody Sunday and the Ballymurphy Massacre were conflict-related incidents, which tallies with the views of Gen David Richards. The admission by the British that they were involved in a war in Ireland is to be welcomed, obviously, but the civilians who were killed in the Ballymurphy Massacre and during Bloody Sunday, weren't victims of that war. The Irish government should have weighed in behind the relatives of the victims, but they wouldn't have appointed Drew Harris in the first place, if they gave a flying f-k about the victims or their relatives.
Gen Sir David Richard's comments as quoted by you were from the mentality of an occupying force. They would have felt threatened by the Civil Rights movement. This movement was aimed at correcting the gerrymandering that was condoned by the occupying forces - this was a civil rights issue and the Irish government would not have considered their support for the CR campaign as taking part in a war. I guess the Irish government were quickly brought to their senses when Taoiseach Lynch ordered the mobilisation of the Irish army directly after bloody Sunday, and half the trucks broke down on the way to the border.

However, the conservative government in England are still carrying on Richard's stupidity in coming out with their tariff proposals in the event of a No Deal Brexit: they propose killer tariffs on Irish agriculture exports to Britain. This at a time when the English mercantile class has more invested in the Irish Republic than at any time in history. This whole scenario is a wake-up call for the Irish indigenous people who have to take the hit: firstly to be loaded with the cost of toxic investments by International Financial Buccaneers; and now to have our indigenous produce threatened with tariffs. I went to Boots over the past eight years with my prescription, I will be changing it to another pharmacy.

Ironically, I admired Prime Minister Maye for sticking with the decision of the people of Britain to leave the EU as we were left with the above mentioned IFB toxic investment Debt as a result of our politicians not heeding our vote in the Lisbon Treaty

Hi! The convention to establish a Constitution for Europe was set up following a declaration made in Laeken in 2001. The background to when the Constitution was first formulated has change utterly. The EU and the Capitalist World are now in financial turmoil. The neoliberal free-market ideology model imposed on a rapidly aging EU society is not working.

Last edited:

Glaucon

Many witnesses will be dead. And as far as I know no investigation was undertaken at the time as regards evidence that could be used in a murder trial. The one soldier who according to Savilke knew who F shot is also dead. Very helpful for F that. If I was cynical I might think that is a good reason for trying F by the British. Especially given what Bradley and others have said.
It's certainly possible. One should not trust anything the British authorities (or their media factotums like Ruth Dudley Edwards) have to say about the conflict in Ireland. They orchestrated the Dublin and Monaghan bombings, ran the Glenanne Gang and assorted other Loyalist maniacs who slit Catholic throats and sowed death and destruction for decades. This is another reason why that chapter of history should be closed and all prosecutions should be taken off the table. Victims' families are given unfounded hope and then left devestated when the inevitable happens.

Last edited:

sgtharper

Is see the usual apologists have turned up - Harper should be along soon
I am on record here on many occasions stating that I wanted those responsible for the Bloody Sunday killings to be prosecuted. Although only one of them will be charged I'm glad that it is F, who I believe was the prime motivator in what occurred and the first one to open fire at the crowd.

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
I'm not surprised that Soldier F is the one charged, and the only one, as-if Saville is accurate-he was responsible for the greatest number of fatalities and injuries on the day, so it follows that there would be more evidence about him available.. For soldiers involved in single shootings only, gathering actionable evidence would be far more problematic, especially given the passage of time. Much of the evidence gained from Saville was from interviews with the soldiers themselves and this evidence might be much harder to glean in criminal proceedings.

Fr. Ted Crilly

They were

But we all know that is irrelevant to you .

It seems ignore might be the best way to deal with you as obviously your agenda fits in very well with the current level of moderation on this site .
That one is an unemployed f**ktard who spends his life doing Turas Nua courses at our expense while his daddy sits at home chatting to Martin Ferris about the good old days.
FACT!

Last edited:

Prester Jim

I am on record here on many occasions stating that I wanted those responsible for the Bloody Sunday killings to be prosecuted. Although only one of them will be charged I'm glad that it is F, who I believe was the prime motivator in what occurred and the first one to open fire at the crowd.
Bloody Sunday was a very British atrocity – the top brass got away with it | Eamonn McCann
Was he really the prime motivator or was he just doing what Ford and whoever gave him directions wanted him to do?
3 weeks before the shooting Ford said
“I am coming to the conclusion that the minimum force necessary to achieve a restoration of law and order is to shoot selected ringleaders amongst the DYH [Derry Young Hooligans].”