• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Bloody Sunday Killings ''UNLAWFUL''

death or glory

Word to the wise. Absolutely no one reads your long, boring posts. The whiff of the OCD autodidact is enough to put anyone on their back.

If you care about communication, first understand the posters on here are not your captive lecture audience. They will not read your blather. They don't even read much shorter and more succinct posts.
Well I couldn't have put that better myself.

death or glory

Goodness, do you think you are Mark Zuckerberg and can tell exactly who I am from my digital footprint?
He seems to have Psychic abilities on a par with Mickeymac.

Antóin Mac Comháin

I don't think you get the bit about you are TL: DR. It was a simple piece of advice. Xenforo has an answer. Get up to date Daddy-O. :)
Ha bloody ha, missus. What does TL stand for? Tender and loving? A DR? Democratic Republican.. ;)

My 1st born came 9 months after the anniversary of Bloody Sunday, and would most likely confuse the Civil Rights Movement with Martin Luther King, as she would the WOI, the Civil War and the Irish Rebel Army. Ignorance is bliss as they say.. :cool:

90% of my posts on this thread are extracts and quotes, allowing oral history to do what oral history does. No harm meant to ya, but given that you've no understanding of the difference in value between a tweet and quotes from a history book, and lack the ability to speed-read, or to read between the lines, I've summarized the quotes and extracts from my posts here from the sean-nós tradition as follows:

Nationalists say there should be no amnesty for British soldiers

March - 27: Relatives 4 Justice - An emotional day with the family of the late Cllr. Patsy Kelly. The British state 44 years on continue to obstruct truth & justice for the Kelly family.

April - 04: Relatives 4 Justice - Gerard Casey: Murdered in Rasharkin 30 years ago today with an assault rifle imported by British Army agent Brian Nelson. The weapon was later used to murder 8 people in the Greysteel massacre, Co Derry. An inquest was ordered into Gerard’s death in 2010. It has yet to take place
The Northern Ireland Conflict 1968-1998 – An Overview | The Irish Story - The Northern Ireland Conflict 1968-1998 – An Overview
"I am far from denying, nor will the force of circumstances compel me to deny my love of my native land. I love my country and if it is murderous to love Ireland dearer than I love my life, then it is true, I am a murderer. If my life were ten times dearer than it is and if I could by any means, redress the wrongs of that persecuted land by the sacrifice of my life, I would willingly and gladly do so." - Michael Barrett, 1868

“We took our part in supporting the aspirations of our fellow-countrymen in the same way as we took our part in supporting the nations of the world who fought for the rights of small nationalities. The same principles for which we shed our blood on the battle-field of Europe led us to commit the act we are charged with.” - Reginald Dunne, 1922

“We do not wish to insult the members of the Jury when we say that they are not our peers. An English jury can never be the peers of Irish men and women.

“We will be judged only by our countrymen. Any verdict or sentence from this Court is nothing more than the continuation of the hypocrisy of British rule in Ireland and the injustice it has inflicted on our country and its people.

“We admit to no 'crimes' and to no 'guilt', for the real crimes and the real guilt are those of British Imperialism committed against our people.

- Joe O'Connell, 1975
“They were people acting under orders and under instruction and fulfilling their duty in a dignified and appropriate way” - Karen Bradley

The Burning of Bombay Street Remembered

The Story of Fian Gerard McAuley
The Forgotten Child Victims Of British Occupation - Saoirse - April - 1994

''The tragic deaths of two children, killed by a Provisional bomb in Warringtopn in March 1993, hit the world headlines, simply because of the power of the British media networks. Every Republican mourned their deaths, but many felt angry because the-powers-that-be, as formerly, remained highly selective in their condemnations. When Warrington occured we witnessed what amounted to political amnesia which was a studied insult to the intelligence of the ordinary people of the occupied zone. Those who felt such most intensely included scores of families who witnessed their children being killed by the British so-called 'security forces'. What follows is a reminder and a memorial to their memory. This research topic is ongoing and is therefore currently incomplete, yet worthy of publication as it is at an advanced stage.''
"I woke this morning to the news that, for the past 30 years, the Irish Government were in possession of a letter from the UVF admitting that they were given the bomb by the British, that murdered the Miami Showband and left me dying in a blood-soaked field. The letter says that MI5 also supplied the UVF with detonators which they had set to explode prematurely, as happened during the attack on the Miami Showband near Banbridge in 1975. - Stephen Travers, December, 2017
Official policy from the top is to muddy the waters in order to portray the marchers as combatants who were killed as 'part of a war.'
Poll: Should Karen Bradley resign as Northern Ireland Secretary?

"I personally feel the option to resign should be removed from her. She should be sacked!!"
UK Silent On Doctrine That Sustained Murder Gangs
Statement on behalf of the Bloody Sunday families

‘Justice for one family is justice for all of us’, say Bloody Sunday families

“To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity”, said Nelson Mandela.
- Fianna Fáil's justice spokesperson Jim O'Callaghan also said his party was not calling Ms Bradley to resign.

- The Fine Gael Minister for Social Protection Regina Doherty said Ms Bradley has a real opportunity now to move on from words and prove her sincerity to the people of Northern Ireland.

- Relatives of those killed in shootings involving the army in Ballymurphy in west Belfast in 1971 refused to meet the Conservative MP John Teggart, whose father Danny was shot 14 times at Ballymurphy, said Mrs Bradley should resign.

"We will not meet her, and have one request for Mrs Bradley and that is for her to resign immediately," he said.

"Families request that those parties who support our campaign join us and refuse to meet with Karen Bradley.
t's hard not to get the impression that the relatives are clinging to a false sense of hope that this is a beginning. It's not. This is the end game for the British. This is them turning their backs on all of the murders their mercenaries committed in this country.
"We did decry in this house the action of a Sinn Fein MP and he stood down – so I think we need the same response here.” - Karen Bradley must resign as Northern Ireland secretary over Troubles comments, say senior Irish politicians

death or glory

Ha bloody ha, missus. What does TL stand for? Tender and loving? A DR? Democratic Republican.. ;)

My 1st born came 9 months after the anniversary of Bloody Sunday, and would most likely confuse the Civil Rights Movement with Martin Luther King, as she would the WOI, the Civil War and the Irish Rebel Army. Ignorance is bliss as they say.. :cool:

90% of my posts on this thread are extracts and quotes, allowing oral history to do what oral history does. No harm meant to ya, but given that you've no understanding of the difference in value between a tweet and quotes from a history book, and lack the ability to speed-read, or to read between the lines, I've summarized the quotes and extracts from my posts here from the sean-nós tradition as follows:
Ffs,
Do you ever try to read your own tripe, boring, boring, boring
You put a dozen different quotes into one post and then wonder why nobody catches your drift.
I guess you have nothing better to do with your time in your retirement.

Antóin Mac Comháin

Do you ever try to read your own tripe, boring, boring, boring
OK, tell us the one about how your mother used to make you check under the car, one last time..

A. Don t know but I would guess less numbers than PUL who were murdered.
B. Again another stupid question but I would guess hundreds.
C. Stupid question again .Making excuses.

One minute Loyalists murder innocent Roman Catholics, the next it is collusion. Make your mind up you can't have it both ways..
Or maybe it could just be that the security forces knew she was passing information to the RA and wanted to know what that information was and to whom it was being passed.
To me that seems logical, but to a section of the community that wants to tarnish the British and believe conspiracy theories rather than something sensible well only then could you compare it to a mathematical probability.
Why else would Mo Mowlam approve bugging of a solicitors phone?
You put a dozen different quotes into one post and then wonder why nobody catches your drift.
The Rosemary Nelson Inquiry Report

Rosemary Nelson’s political views

3.16 'We were told that Rosemary Nelson had a keen interest in current affairs but that she was not someone who liked to talk of politics at work or socially. She was described to us as a ‘Nationalist’, and coming from the Nationalist community she was no doubt sympathetic to the grievances of that community. But she was not portrayed to us as being dogmatic or sectarian. She had Protestant friends, Protestant staff and Protestant clients. We were told that on one occasion she voted for an Ulster Unionist candidate because of a pledge to cut electricity costs.'

4.153 'A warrant authorising entry to the premises was first signed by the Secretary of State on 4 September 1998 and a modified warrant was signed on 3 November 1998 but no device was ever placed within it.' - Rosemary Nelson

Come on now why do you think a sympathetic nationalist leaning secretary of state like Mo Mowlam agreed the bugging of a solicitors phone?
There's a link to the Rosemary Nelson Inquiry Report at the end of the quote. If you read that, you wouldn't feel the need to be following me around this thread doling about dogs abuse like confetti, whilst talking about everything and anything, but the subject-matter, up to and including playing with yourself, and finding yourself stuck for words when caught telling fibs, like the ones above..

death or glory

OK, tell us the one about how your mother used to make you check under the car, one last time..

The Rosemary Nelson Inquiry Report

Rosemary Nelson’s political views

3.16 'We were told that Rosemary Nelson had a keen interest in current affairs but that she was not someone who liked to talk of politics at work or socially. She was described to us as a ‘Nationalist’, and coming from the Nationalist community she was no doubt sympathetic to the grievances of that community. But she was not portrayed to us as being dogmatic or sectarian. She had Protestant friends, Protestant staff and Protestant clients. We were told that on one occasion she voted for an Ulster Unionist candidate because of a pledge to cut electricity costs.'

4.153 'A warrant authorising entry to the premises was first signed by the Secretary of State on 4 September 1998 and a modified warrant was signed on 3 November 1998 but no device was ever placed within it.' - Rosemary Nelson

There's a link to the Rosemary Nelson Inquiry Report at the end of the quote. If you read that, you wouldn't feel the need to be following me around this thread doling about dogs abuse like confetti, whilst talking about everything and anything, but the subject-matter, up to and including playing with yourself, and finding yourself stuck for words when caught telling fibs, like the ones above..
Let's face it, you are as boring as dog poo (excuse the pun).
Nobody bothers reading your long winded ramshackle ramblings.
If you would have a succinct point you would like to have answered please feel free.
Anyhow you have not answered why a sympathetic nationalist secretary of state would approve the bugging of that solicitors phone. Apart from the logical conclusion that the intelligence services knew she was transferring intelligence to and from the Provo's.

RasherHash

Huge biker rally in London Yesterday protesting Para soldier F being prosecuted for war crime of Bloody Sunday...

likesfish

well soldier F is guilty the authorities need to explain why he is being charged when ira murderers were given letters of comfort

Talk Back

Let's face it, you are as boring as dog poo (excuse the pun).
Nobody bothers reading your long winded ramshackle ramblings.
If you would have a succinct point you would like to have answered please feel free.
Anyhow you have not answered why a sympathetic nationalist secretary of state would approve the bugging of that solicitors phone. Apart from the logical conclusion that the intelligence services knew she was transferring intelligence to and from the Provo's.
Why don't you squatters get your own country - one that doesn't belong to other people???

RasherHash

well soldier F is guilty the authorities need to explain why he is being charged when ira murderers were given letters of comfort
Because they were part of an international peace agreement, soldier F has been protected by the establishment as long as they thought that served their interests, they currently don't see it as serving their interests so soldier F has to go down.

Don't worry, he probably won't serve any time or not much.

RasherHash

Just to say, this is not about 'Irish v British' or somesuch, or at least it shouldn't be, I know we all retire to our bunkers bc we feel nice and snug and cosy there but in reality as I say soldier F is useful to the elite one minute, not so much the next.

In saying that soldier F (or one of them) acted in a disgraceful manner, shooting wounded civilians who were helpless on the ground and posed no threat.

Our fight should be against the establishment elite who are conning us, raking it in and using working class people to do the dirty work, we either get our act together and regime change here in Ireland (and across Europe) or they will make mince meat of us.

sgtharper

Could we please stop with this idiotic "letters of comfort" nonsense?

All that happened is that people were sent letters telling them that they were not at present under investigation for particular terrorist offences and so were not liable to arrest. However, should fresh evidence emerge in relation to those offences they could then be contacted and invited to cooperate with the enquiry or arrested if necessary. This kind of thing is nothing new, Police in all forces in the UK routinely send such letters to suspects in criminal cases where the evidence is insufficient to charge, it leaves the door open for prosecution in future should the situation change. Contrary to popular opinion there has been no blanket amnesty for terrorist offences in NI.

Talk Back

Could we please stop with this idiotic "letters of comfort" nonsense?

All that happened is that people were sent letters telling them that they were not at present under investigation for particular terrorist offences and so were not liable to arrest. However, should fresh evidence emerge in relation to those offences they could then be contacted and invited to cooperate with the enquiry or arrested if necessary. This kind of thing is nothing new, Police in all forces in the UK routinely send such letters to suspects in criminal cases where the evidence is insufficient to charge, it leaves the door open for prosecution in future should the situation change. Contrary to popular opinion there has been no blanket amnesty for terrorist offences in NI.
there has been no blanket amnesty for terrorist offences in NI
Except for the Unionist terrorists and British army and the enemy foreign government pulling their strings.

death or glory

Definitely you deserve the most boring posts of the year award.
It's not a bit wonder when that s the sort of crap music you obviously listen too.
Ahh well,
You'll always have your ballads.

Newrybhoy

O'Sullivan - Pipes

MacCriomans Lament

Alastair McDonald - Harlaw

Wrong. The fusion of cultures in Gaeldom led to a multitude of playing styles, which is why the Lowlanders had their own distinct style of piping, as did the Travelers and settled community, which varied from place to place. In Nova Scotia, the Classical Gaelic tradition is as pure as the driven snow, as the emigrants were determined to preserve their culture. Ironically however, that culture has survived almost unaltered for 3-400 years and is now almost as distinct to Scottish Gaelic as Irish is to Manx, and it done so side-by-side with the arch-nemesis of that Classical Gaelic culture, the Metís culture, up to and including the birth and evolution of its own language, Michif. 36,000 songs, stories and alternative oral folk items were lodged with Toban An Duchais, inclusive of a botanical encyclopedia that hasn't been translated to English, which contains twice as many plant-names as the Collins dictionary. In other words, it contains hundreds if not thousands of plants which are unknown to the Saxon intellect.
Of course thousands of plants known only to the fairy people.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies