• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Boards.ie Pro-Yes Bias

Factorem

Try starting a thread on boards.ie that lays out the position of the No side and you'll find it promptly gets shut down. Several p.ie users have experienced this blatant bias. The moderator, nesf is a right ******************** and thinks he's doing his patriotic duty by shutting down any debate that favours the No side. I.e. he's a gombeen yesser.

Factorem

I don't use boards save for the odd giggle at the personal issues forum. It's like a web based Jeremy Kyle.
Personal issues is another gripe I have with that site. If you're any way pro-life, your basically told to f off. The mod Thaedadyl is an uber-feminist, pro-abortion nazi who thinks sending people to the planned parenthood website constitutes good advice.

People like her should be arrested and sent to prison for giving bad advice out to the general public.

But yeah, you're right. It's a Jeremey Kyle/FM104 phone show type of place.

CookieMonster

Don't call people nazis. Unless, in fact, they are nazis. It lessens the impact of the terrible things those evil men got up to.

baldur0300

All these boards threads make them look more important and us less!

Reactions: He3

bprob

i just counted all the threads on the first 2 pages of the Lisbon forum.

of these, about 50% have neutral titles
about 40% have titles indicating an initial No hypothesis.
about 10% have titles indicating an initial Yes hypothesis.

of course that doesn't mean the totality of the thread is "Yes" or "No", but it does seem to indicate that No is predominant on Politics.ie.

Surely a bit unfair to criticise another website because it has an imbalance in the opinions posted. Same criticism could apply here

Last edited:

nixmix

of course that doesn't mean the totality of the thread is "Yes" or "No", but it does seem to indicate that No is predominant on Politics.ie.

Surely an bit unfair to criticise another website because it has an imbalance in the opinions posted. Same criticism could apply here
Its the moderators that are the problem, they are all pro Lisbon and are using their powers of moderation to stifle debate. If a No voter dares to go off topic (in the opinion of the moderator that is) then they will be warned/banned from the site. Yet I have seen Yes voters get away with blue murder there.

Factorem

Surely an bit unfair to criticise another website because it has an imbalance in the opinions posted. Same criticism could apply here
How many p.ie users have been banned/had threads shut down?

What goes on on boards.ie is ridiculous.

Cogadh

Come on, get a grip, who gives a flying fúck about some tossers on another message board?

The myopic threads about threads that happen here from time to time are bad enough without having threads about other message boards and the tossers who may or may not moderate it.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Now they've decided they don't like the no majority in their original Lisbon poll (801 votes) so they've created a second one, asking "Official Poll: Have debates on boards.ie influenced how you will vote on Lisbon II? ". No voters - make your voice heard! :)

Last edited:

rhonda15

Now they've decided they don't like the no majority in their original Lisbon poll (801 votes) so they've created a second one, asking "Official Poll: Have debates on boards.ie influenced how you will vote on Lisbon II? ". No voters - make you voice heard! :)
i agree this form of bias and censorship should not exist on an open forum - i doubt they are breaking any laws though as this is a regulatory grey area - the best we can do is highlight boards.ie digusting behaviour on more equitable sites like this one - kudos FT for calling them out on it!

Factorem

i agree this form of bias and censorship should not exist on an open forum - i doubt they are breaking any laws though as this is a regulatory grey area - the best we can do is highlight boards.ie digusting behaviour on more equitable sites like this one - kudos FT for calling them out on it!
They can do what they want on their own forums. But if they're acting like a pack of ********************s, people should know about it before they contribute.

SKELLY

a sticky in after hours about the lisbon treaty is ridiculous. full of yes side subtle hints. It was thanked by most of the mods from the euro forum as well!They had a disscusion about it on feedback which was promptly locked!
how apt?!

louis bernard

I used to post on Boards.ie, I will never post there again. They have moderators who ban posters just because they do not agree with their point of view. I had a run in with a gobsh1te called PSI a good while back. He had his own interpretation of the Dublin accord (regarding asylum seekers) and banned any one who disagreed with it. That site and its sad mods are best left alone.

rhonda15

also i have noticed any mention of p.ie on boards.ie is smacked down HARD - jealousy of a superior site perhaps? - those mods are so pathetic

The Field Marshal

Agreed there.The NO,s seem to have it