• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Body found in 'Disappeared' Search

Cruimh

Body found in 'Disappeared' search

Archaeologists and other experts are carrying out an examination in the seaside village of Waterfoot in the Glens of Antrim for Peter Wilson (21).
The unemployed Catholic man, who had learning disabilities, left his home in the Beechmount area of west Belfast in August 1973 and was never seen again.

A spokesman for the Independent Commission for the Location of Victims’ Remains said: “The ICLVR in its search for the body of Peter Wilson has found human remains at a site in Waterfoot in County Antrim.
Hopefully another family will find some peace.

Tomas Mor

as Tommie Gorman said on RTE, IRA are co operating, as they grow old and looking back on what they have done. a poor lad with learning difficulties, lets wait and see the usual suspects defend his slaughter and hiding his mortal remains..

Cruimh

as Tommie Gorman said on RTE, IRA are co operating, as they grow old and looking back on what they have done. a poor lad with learning difficulties, lets wait and see the usual suspects defend his slaughter and hiding his mortal remains..
One thing though - as the article points out, this is the first body found in NI and in a populated area. It may be that the assumption that the bodies would have been hidden in remote rural areas has misled the searchers.

oboe

Hopefully his family will be able to get some sort of peace from this.

Thinking of the terror this young, limited, man must have experienced before he was murdered is something that makes me feel sad and a little sick in the stomach

Lee McKeown

I shake my head when I see posters on this site put the PIRA on a pedestal, describe their members as 'soldiers', their actions as 'legitimate' and try to portray them as some kind of heroes.

This brutal murder and secret burial of this young, disabled, catholic man shows what these monsters were truly capable of.

It's no wonder hundreds of them are alcoholics and they seem to be committing suicide by the dozen. If they have any kind of conscience they shouldn't be able to sleep at night.

mickdotcom

I really hope that the family can now get some peace.

however the search for those unfortunates that were murdered and their bodies hid

is an extremely costly affair,

how come sinn fein arent paying both Governments for the search,

after all it was their hench men that carried out these despicable murders

and sinn fein benefitted most from the ira's activities.

b.a. baracus

I shake my head when I see posters on this site put the PIRA on a pedestal, describe their members as 'soldiers', their actions as 'legitimate' and try to portray them as some kind of heroes.

This brutal murder and secret burial of this young, disabled, catholic man shows what these monsters were truly capable of.

It's no wonder hundreds of them are alcoholics and they seem to be committing suicide by the dozen. If they have any kind of conscience they shouldn't be able to sleep at night.
Im sure his family will be delighted at pathetic loyalist trolls trying to score political points at such inopportune times.

I hope this discovery brings some solace to the family.

Lee McKeown

Im sure his family will be delighted at pathetic loyalist trolls trying to score political points at such inopportune times.

Is there a more opportune time to discuss the IRA murders of disabled catholics than when one of the bodies has just been found?

Surely now is the perfect time to discuss why the IRA needed to murder and secretly bury disabled catholics.

Follyborn

Good news for the family who will now be able to have a decent christian burial for their loved one.
Never too much to ask by anyones book.

This matter is on all the major newscasts, as it should be. Why did you have to bring "hatred" into this thread. Isn't that what put that poor young man, and all the other victims, including women, into holes in the ground, like so much unwanted rubbish.

You disgust me, b.a.

Newsy

I hope his family and friends can find some peace from his body being found and returned to them.

My heart goes out to them.

vinoboy

Wonder why PSNI HET is not looking closely at these cases as evidence is now finding bodies and fingers being pointed from within Nationalist commmunity at guilty men.Or was this another GFA stitch up to suit IRA/SF ,using some "agreed " process where you murder disabled guy and young mother but do no time?

Lee McKeown

Wonder why PSNI HET is not looking closely at these cases as evidence is now finding bodies and fingers being pointed from within Nationalist commmunity at guilty men.Or was this another GFA stitch up to suit IRA/SF ,using some "agreed " process where you murder disabled guy and young mother but do no time?
Any former IRA members who give evidence to help find the bodies of these disabled, catholic victims get an immediate, guaranteed amnesty.

And they wonder why the UVF feel aggrieved at the HET's bias in investigating old cases!! :roll:

Robo

If they did that then it would be the last body found, once all the bodys are found lets hope they use the evidence. The PSNI HET would like nothing better that to put these people in the dock, but to do so at the moment would put an end to any new information.

DerryBee

I have to say that I was immensely moved by the courage and dignity displayed by Peter Wilson’s family on the BBC and UTV news yesterday and today following the discovery of the remains of their brother. It is terribly sad that Mr Wilson’s parents never had the opportunity to say goodbye to their son, and to visit his grave: this is a pain that no parent should ever have to endure. I do very much hope that Mr Wilson’s family now have the opportunity to grieve for their brother and to obtain a sense of comfort from the discovery of his remains and eventual burial amongst those of whom he loved and loved him. The men and women who so callously murdered the so-called ‘disappeared’ such as Peter Wilson, an innocent and vulnerable young man, committed an unspeakable crime which cannot possibly be justified. To knowingly inflict such unimaginable pain upon a family and to deny a human being dignity even in death is simply deplorable.

vinoboy

Yes ,Gerry Adams might even be thinking about what he controlled/committed in the dark days of his reign as OC Belfast PIRA .Doubt it !
See that autopsy on Jean McConville revealed her fingers had ben cut off before the Belfast OBE was applied by some hero (probably an MLA now) .

Lee McKeown

See that autopsy on Jean McConville revealed her fingers had ben cut off before the Belfast OBE was applied by some hero (probably an MLA now) .
That's an absolute disgrace.

Questions need to be answered by the King of West Belfast about this poor woman's depraved murder.

Popular Threads

Most Replies