Bolton for NSA - WWIII Just Took A Quantum Leap Closer

YongHoi

Trump has replaced McMaster with John Bolton as National Security Advisor.
Bolton has been a warmonger as far back as I can remember. The fact that Trump has selected him is a clear indication that the US under Trump is readying for war. This is the most frightening development since Trump took power. I'm really concerned now that this guy will turn the meeting between Trump and Kim into a confrontation which will quickly go nuclear.

[video=youtube;QN03hsqcPKs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN03hsqcPKs[/video]

Last edited:

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Bolton sets the high-watermark when it comes to abrasive American diplomacy. He's not a warmonger though. Just someone who believes in American military supremacy (and I'll take that long and long before I'd settle for the same in the likes of Putin's, or Xi's). It's a swing of the pendulum really, now reaching its right-most apogee after the tepid and flacid ambassadorship of Power.

willow68

CAIR are unhappy. Tells me President Trump made the right choice.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
CAIR are unhappy. Tells me President Trump made the right choice.
CAIR being unhappy about something isn't a perfect indicator, but it's a pretty good one.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Well a fellow in that position who is fearful may not be a bad choice. It would be worse to have someone who is careless or stupid.

If he is fearful of Russia and China then that is a good start in that job. Perhaps being National Security Advisor will educate him a bit in why exactly he should be fearful.

Boy M5

Well a fellow in that position who is fearful may not be a bad choice. It would be worse to have someone who is careless or stupid.

If he is fearful of Russia and China then that is a good start in that job. Perhaps being National Security Advisor will educate him a bit in why exactly he should be fearful.
It's Iran he wants to do.

Isn't the final battle of humanity around there somewhere?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
It's Iran he wants to do.

Isn't the final battle of humanity around there somewhere?
That would be in the plain of Armageddon would be more Palestine, I seem to recall, and perhaps even more alarmingly given the psychoses abroad in certain dark and gothic American mindsets. The sixth trumpet war, the loons describe it. Even more alarming is that that particular mindset actually wants that war to happen because it supposedly heralds the return of Mr Jimmy and the rapture and all the other ways of pissing off your neighbour the cross-eyed American wants to see.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Iran would be more practical in a way as with its oil supply back on the world market a threat to the petrodollar.

But yes people like Bolton wouldn't hesitate to dress up economic necessity in the robes of a Samaritan so that the average cross-eyed consumer in America could understand the necessity to bomb another oil-producing region.

Cnoc a Leassa

Have very mixed views about Bolton as to whether he is a serious threat or just a traditional security bluster personality. On balance I believe the latter. In a culture of career promotion where its mouths by a mile winners, he has done well. For more cautious people he was largely a useful front office image of threat to adversaries, real and imagined. Now that he will be faced daily with the reality that nothing stands between himself, his blustering rhetoric and the actual immediate serious downside consequences of his rhetoric in action, I have some hope that its a case of not biting like he barks.

paddycomeback

I wonder what instructions Eagle, Grace etc will have on how to spin this?
Vehemently anti-Trump but rabidly wanting war with Russia. I can see Trump being forgiven now he has seen the light.

eoghanacht

Drumpf actually thinks his presidency is an extended version of the apprentice.

Catalpast

Trump has replaced McMaster with John Bolton as National Security Advisor.
Bolton has been a warmonger as far back as I can remember. The fact that Trump has selected him is a clear indication that the US under Trump is readying for war. This is the most frightening development since Trump took power. I'm really concerned now that this guy will turn the meeting between Trump and Kim into a confrontation which will quickly go nuclear.

[video=youtube;QN03hsqcPKs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN03hsqcPKs[/video]
He may be Gung Ho

- but he will be used by Trump in a Bad Cop - Good Cop routine

Guess who the 'Good Cop' is gonna be? :cool:

HenryHorace

I see liberals are upset worldwide over this appointment. Good stuff.

silverharp

he is pro Trump and the UN hate him, #maga

Catalpast

The USA will not willingly attack any Nuclear Power with a strategic ability to hit the USA

The situation in Korea is too delicate at the moment to upset the Apple cart

- if Trump can do a high level summit with Kim and pull off a diplomatic coup

- he would be more than happy!:cool:

So I presume Bolton will be used to put the screws on Iran and who ever else steps out of line....

gleeful

The USA will not willingly attack any Nuclear Power with a strategic ability to hit the USA

The situation in Korea is too delicate at the moment to upset the Apple cart

- if Trump can do a high level summit with Kim and pull off a diplomatic coup

- he would be more than happy!:cool:

So I presume Bolton will be used to put the screws on Iran and who ever else steps out of line....
They wont attack Iran for the same reason Bush didn't attack Iran: Iran's military is serious organisation and it could defeat the US forces in the middle east.

Zapslaststand

Twitter
@daxxdrake
I wonder what instructions Eagle, Grace etc will have on how to spin this?
Vehemently anti-Trump but rabidly wanting war with Russia. I can see Trump being forgiven now he has seen the light.

Bolton is a blow-hard like his new boss, will quickly be put in his box if he threatens the real deep state.

Catalpast

They wont attack Iran for the same reason Bush didn't attack Iran: Iran's military is serious organisation and it could defeat the US forces in the middle east.
Not a hope!

However a land invasion of Iran would be a huge undertaking with all the advantages with Iran

- it would be a Korea crossed with a Vietnam

If it comes to War the US will use its hugely powerful Navy and Air Force to take her out

+ perhaps raids by SF on key strategic forces

Iran cannot militarily defeat the USA.

firefly123

Not a hope!

However a land invasion of Iran would be a huge undertaking with all the advantages with Iran

- it would be a Korea crossed with a Vietnam

If it comes to War the US will use its hugely powerful Navy and Air Force to take her out

+ perhaps raids by SF on key strategic forces

Iran cannot militarily defeat the USA.
Iran doesn't have to defeat the US just not lose.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies