• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Bombardier to sell NI Operation up to 3,600 Jobs Lost

McSlaggart

The whole aircraft industry revolves around govt money either through grants or defence contracts, its one of the disputes between Boeing and Airbus, Boeing object to subsidies, Airbus counter with defence contracts.
I agree. The issue is now that was a takeover whoever get the company does not need to keep all the jobs local.

Marcella

Barroso

Cnoc a Leassa

My comment on the Project Eagle in Sept 2016 follows.

My overall assessment of the story is that there was obvious political sensitivity from the Northern political establishment and associated debtors when the loans were taken over. The slow sales process was abandoned when the possibility of a total portfolio sale emerged. I would guess it also emerged that there was what seemed like genuine and good faith political support from North of the border for that strategy.
When it emerged that there were serious questions to be asked about the progress of the portfolio sales process and fees to be paid, NAMA seems to have taken the view that that the best thing to do in the complexity of the circumstances was to complete the sale as best could be done and to just get to hell out of the place.
IMO it will be a very long time before any future international investor thinks about putting their funds in anything North of the border, unless the local and UK authorities move decisively to bring clarity and justice to the situation.

And the present status of of UK's National Crime Agency investigation into the matter - seems to have faded into obscurity.

McSlaggart

How is asking a question, "slander"?

I'll have a bet with you that there are more Catholics in Bombardier than there are Prods in Quinn's.
The question is do the firm reflect its workforce catchment area. The Question "Does Sean Quinn, as a rule, not employ Protestants?" this is a loaded question and thus can be taken into account in a slander case.

silverharp

How is asking a question, "slander"?

I'll have a bet with you that there are more Catholics in Bombardier than there are Prods in Quinn's.
stupid question, might as well ask why Quinn employs less Jewish people than a company in Israel....penny dropping?

wombat

And the present status of of UK's National Crime Agency investigation into the matter - seems to have faded into obscurity.
Often that is a sign of a case being built against someone.

death or glory

The question is do the firm reflect its workforce catchment area. The Question "Does Sean Quinn, as a rule, not employ Protestants?" this is a loaded question and thus can be taken into account in a slander case.
In 1994 out of 280 employees were protestant, that's 2%.
"the Sean Quinn Group, a cement manufacturer near Fermanagh, had only six Protestants among its 280 employees last year. "

Peace in a Northern Ireland Factory

Robo

Inevitably some still hope the Protestant dole will keep on giving.
Nationalise it to do what, make wings for a plane that is not selling? Nationalising is not the answer unless its to a purpose other than as you say just dole.

wombat

Nationalise it to do what,
I guess the union missed the small matter of a Tory govt. The best they can hope for is a defence contract for the successful bidder.

Robo

I guess the union missed the small matter of a Tory govt. The best they can hope for is a defence contract for the successful bidder.
Tory governments don't do defence, I very much doubt they are going to step in and help an area of the UK were there is no voting base for them. I guess the question is, can they string it a long till the next general election and get thrown a bone by a more nationalistic government?

Newrybhoy

stupid question, might as well ask why Quinn employs less Jewish people than a company in Israel....penny dropping?
Do you think that there are no Protestants in Fermanagh ?

A hell of a lot more than 2% I may add.

McSlaggart

Do you think that there are no Protestants in Fermanagh ?

A hell of a lot more than 2% I may add.

Then you need to ask WTF was the unionists politicians doing about it? The law should apply to everyone equally and if this was a issue why the hell did the MP Tom orange man Elliott do about it?

Mickeymac

Tory governments don't do defence, I very much doubt they are going to step in and help an area of the UK were there is no voting base for them. I guess the question is, can they string it a long till the next general election and get thrown a bone by a more nationalistic government?

Time to get over “Tory Governments” Jimmy, they are gone, probably forever

death or glory

Then you need to ask WTF was the unionists politicians doing about it? The law should apply to everyone equally and if this was a issue why the hell did the MP Tom orange man Elliott do about it?
Typical dunb ass response.
Sectarian discrimination against prods and you have the cheek to blame Unionist politicians

Mickeymac

Sectarian discrimination against prods and you have the cheek to blame Unionist politicians

He has a valid point dog, check out onionist one party junta 1921-1972.......end of thank you very much. 😂 .

McSlaggart

You are in the middle of slander if you are making out that the firm carried out sectarian discrimination if it was never proven in court.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies