Bonfire Hit and Run Driver in court

picador

Apparently the accused stole a car at the weekend and almost ran a women over when he crashed it on the Whiterock Road. Thus he appeared in court on crutches.

The matter is now sub judice.

HarryRoberts

Apparently the accused stole a car at the weekend and almost ran a women over when he crashed it on the Whiterock Road. Thus he appeared in court on crutches.

The matter is now sub judice.
Was that also a a result of a provocative loyalist bonfire?

picador

Was that also a a result of a provocative loyalist bonfire?
No, the guy would appear to be a car criminal - although ultimately that's for the courts to determine.

HarryRoberts

No, the guy would appear to be a car criminal - although ultimately that's for the courts to determine.

Ahhhhh.

I thought some posters on here suggested the rioting / anti social behaviour in the area was purely as a result of provocative bonfires. (Unfortunately I haven't time to trawl for supporting quotes / sources.)

So the simple fact is those involved were lowlifes with a penchant for lawbreaking?

TrueBlue84

Were you not telling us he was a loyalist though and how there was an elaborate escape through the city hospital?

picador

Were you not telling us he was a loyalist though and how there was an elaborate escape through the city hospital?
No, I didn't advance any theory about this incident. I kept an open mind.

picador

Ahhhhh.

I thought some posters on here suggested the rioting / anti social behaviour in the area was purely as a result of provocative bonfires. (Unfortunately I haven't time to trawl for supporting quotes / sources.)

So the simple fact is those involved were lowlifes with a penchant for lawbreaking?
This incident occurred after the three nights of rioting at Broadway, the intial cause of which was the siting of another bonfire next to an interface. And yes, lowlifes were involved in the rioting.

This incident may have been in some way related to those disturbances. We simply don't know at the minute.

TrueBlue84

No, I didn't advance any theory about this incident. I kept an open mind.
I cant remember which thread it was but somebody was spouting that theory, apolegies if it turns out it wasn't you

HarryRoberts

This incident occurred after the three nights of rioting at Broadway, the intial cause of which was the siting of another bonfire next to an interface. And yes, lowlifes were involved in the rioting.
Where was the bonfire on the Whiterock Road at the weekend?

picador

I cant remember which thread it was but somebody was spouting that theory, apolegies if it turns out it wasn't you
Well it wasn't me. Go back and check the relevant thread.

TrueBlue84

This incident may have been in some way related to those disturbances. We simply don't know at the minute.
Yes that well known interface at Broadway which is separated from West Belfast by a large roundabout, the underpass, 3 lanes of traffic on either side and hospital grounds and had nothing to do with men coming in from West Belfast and attacking the Coolfin Bonfire which in turn resulted in a sectarian/racist and anti drugs attack in the Donegal Road area which then resulted in a further attack on the Coolfin Bonfire, lighting half of it and finally had people from the West coming onto the broadway roundabout to remove loyalist flags which has been put up in celebration of PUL culture.

Which then resulted in the flare up of trouble but dont let the truth get in the way of your stories now eh?

picador

Yes that well known interface at Broadway which is separated from West Belfast by a large roundabout, the underpass, 3 lanes of traffic on either side and hospital grounds and had nothing to do with men coming in from West Belfast and attacking the Coolfin Bonfire which in turn resulted in a sectarian/racist and anti drugs attack in the Donegal Road area which then resulted in a further attack on the Coolfin Bonfire, lighting half of it and finally had people from the West coming onto the broadway roundabout to remove loyalist flags which has been put up in celebration of PUL culture.
It is Harry Roberts who is trying to link this incident to the Broadway disturbances.

In your rant you appear to be absolving local racists of repsonsibilty for attacking people in their houses, though those attacks took place weeks before the riots or the incident at the bonfire.

TrueBlue84

Sorry I cant see where Harry typed this...

HarryRoberts

It is Harry Roberts who is trying to link this incident to the Broadway disturbances.

No.

I believe you implied the trouble in the area was initiated by provocative bonfires/placcards on bonfires.

Coolfin St is as close to Broadway as Clonnard.

I merely asked where the bonfire on the Whiterock Rd was at the weekend as it was inferred that the criminality was provoked.

It couldn't just be that those involved were / are scum for whom criminality is a way of life?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies