Bono haters - SUCK IT UP!

The Preacher

An interesting article in this morning’s Daily Mail about correspondence between Bono and the Taoiseach and high level meetings between Bono, Varadkar, Simon Coveney and Paschal Donohoe. Apparently this was to discuss Ireland’s overseas aid etc.

Great news to read about in my humble opinion. To me Bono and Leo Varadkar represent Ireland at its best – intelligent, creative, compassionate, hard working, forward looking. U2 achieve more for this country on a daily basis in terms of good will and hard cash from U2 related tourism than most of our so called democratically elected “public representatives” do in their lifetime.

Of course all of this will send the usual hysterical mobs of whinging infantile begrudgers into a tailspin of frothing at the mouth as they sit there, helplessly, trying to sound cool down the pub by mouthing off about how much they hate Bono. The usual inaccurate nonsense about how the great man “doesn’t pay any f*ckin* tax” will be trotted out. Too thick of course to know the difference between personal tax, which Bono pays plenty of because he CHOOSES to remain resident in Ireland, and business tax. (I usually find myself that the ones who scream loudest about the tax issue are the ones who have devoted their life to milking the welfare system in this country for all its worth and will never pay a cent of tax themselves because they prefer the welfare lifestyle to actually, like, working.)

Keep up the good work, Bono. You do us all proud.

artfoley56

An interesting article in this morning’s Daily Mail about correspondence between Bono and the Taoiseach and high level meetings between Bono, Varadkar, Simon Coveney and Paschal Donohoe. Apparently this was to discuss Ireland’s overseas aid etc.

Great news to read about in my humble opinion. To me Bono and Leo Varadkar represent Ireland at its best – intelligent, creative, compassionate, hard working, forward looking. U2 achieve more for this country on a daily basis in terms of good will and hard cash from U2 related tourism than most of our so called democratically elected “public representatives” do in their lifetime.

Of course all of this will send the usual hysterical mobs of whinging infantile begrudgers into a tailspin of frothing at the mouth as they sit there, helplessly, trying to sound cool down the pub by mouthing off about how much they hate Bono. The usual inaccurate nonsense about how the great man “doesn’t pay any f*ckin* tax” will be trotted out. Too thick of course to know the difference between personal tax, which Bono pays plenty of because he CHOOSES to remain resident in Ireland, and business tax. (I usually find myself that the ones who scream loudest about the tax issue are the ones who have devoted their life to milking the welfare system in this country for all its worth and will never pay a cent of tax themselves because they prefer the welfare lifestyle to actually, like, working.)

article in RTE fairly nails bono, actually, so did south park
https://www.rte.ie/eile/brainstorm/2018/0321/948963-the-trouble-with-bono/

[video=youtube;UJXqnYCWW7Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJXqnYCWW7Y[/video]

between the bridges

Paul tis it yerself?...

Socratus O' Pericles

All true except for 1) Everybody pays tax & 2) he is an irritating cúnt.

Disillusioned democrat

BONO's net worth in 2017 is estimated as $590 million. He could easily live on $ 10 million of this for the rest of his days and not have to change his lifestyle. Why not donate the rest to oversees aid charities and really put his money where his mouth is instead of asking people who are hard working and living week to week to contribute and also asking governments to donate some of the revenue collected from these people. Hypocrite come to mind whenever I hear his name mentioned with helping the poor.
Bono is exactly the kind of peeps Varadkar wants to be seen with and will happily spend tax payers money to get into that circle....Clinton, popes, Mandela if he was still alive, etc.

More of the same by Varadkar it would seem, with no disrespect to Bono.

Varadkar showing a bizarre self aggrandizing streak.

Socratus O' Pericles

BONO's net worth in 2017 is estimated as $700million. He could easily live on $ 10 million of this for the rest of his days and not have to change his lifestyle. Why not donate the rest to oversees aid charities and really put his money where his mouth is instead of asking people who are hard working and living week to week to contribute and also asking governments to donate some of the revenue collected from these people. Hypocrite come to mind whenever I hear his name mentioned with helping the poor.
Overseers are well paid enough without getting Bono to aid them.

Nordie Northsider

The Preacher is a great moniker. You have the same hectoring, broad-brush, 'I'm right because I say I am' style as your hero.

The Preacher

BONO's net worth in 2017 is estimated as $700million. He could easily live on $ 10 million of this for the rest of his days and not have to change his lifestyle. Why not donate the rest to oversees aid charities and really put his money where his mouth is instead of asking people who are hard working and living week to week to contribute and also asking governments to donate some of the revenue collected from these people. Hypocrite come to mind whenever I hear his name mentioned with helping the poor.
How do you know what he does, or doesn't, contribute out of his personal wealth?

Socratus O' Pericles

Again, I find that the people Bono irritates the most are the kind of knuckledraggers who've held this country back for decades.
I'd rather be a hammer than a nail..... if I could I surely would.

The Preacher

Bono is exactly the kind of peeps Varadkar wants to be seen with and will happily spend tax payers money to get into that circle....Clinton, popes, Mandela if he was still alive, etc.

More of the same by Varadkar it would seem, with no disrespect to Bono.

Varadkar showing a bizarre self aggrandizing streak.
This makes no sense. I get the impression Bono sought the meeting with Varadkar rather than the other way round. Why wouldn't he meet Bono? You might as well accuse him of being self aggrandizing every time he meets someone well known.

The Preacher

The Preacher is a great moniker. You have the same hectoring, broad-brush, 'I'm right because I say I am' style as your hero.
A nonsense statement. I'll admit I worded the OP in a slightly confrontational style. The reason being that I've had 40 years of loudmouth gobshi*es annoying me with their purile comments about Bono. These people need to be faced down. They don't hold back with their bitter little comments.

Hillmanhunter1

Dumb post.

I'm sure Bono gives more that you or I combined, both on an actual basis and as a percentage of his income.

What Bono also gives, and very few others do this, is his time and energy.

The so-called "third-world" doesn't really need donations. The purpose of donations is to soothe the guilt of the donor. What these countries want is advice, support for civil society, and a fair crack at capital and trade markets.

New Threads