Bono-Say it ain't So

Wagmore

This is sort of self-explanatory but on the assumption that this story is likely to die a death in the MS Irish media, thought it might be time to draw some discussion on Bono and his profile as an arch philanthropist and political activist. Personally, I'm done with Bono. U2 have had a couple of decent tunes over the years but anytime I hear him now, my overriding desire is the wish that he'd put a sock in it. His official friend of George Soros(he was a guest at Soros' wedding) status renders his anti-Trump activism also odious.

Bono's ONE foundation under fire for giving tiny percentage of funds to charity | Daily Mail Online

gleeful

This is sort of self-explanatory but on the assumption that this story is likely to die a death in the MS Irish media, thought it might be time to draw some discussion on Bono and his profile as an arch philanthropist and political activist. Personally, I'm done with Bono. U2 have had a couple of decent tunes over the years but anytime I hear him now, my overriding desire is the wish that he'd put a sock in it. His official friend of George Soros(he was a guest at Soros' wedding) status renders his anti-Trump activism also odious.

Bono's ONE foundation under fire for giving tiny percentage of funds to charity | Daily Mail Online
That article is 8 years old - from 2010

owedtojoy

Another little wax dolly for you to stick pins in while muttering curses.

You have a great life altogether.

Wagmore

Thanks. Yeah calling out BS feels like a worthwhile vocation. What's yours?

DexterGreen22

'Irish comedian Graham Norton has criticised U2 frontman Bono for avoiding paying tax in Ireland. Norton is furious the band moved its business empire from Ireland to The Netherlands to avoid paying Irish taxes on royalties and accuses Bono of focusing on international charities while neglecting his responsibility to his native Ireland. And the TV star, who is worth GBP25 million ($47 million), insists he will confront Bono on the issue. Norton says, "People like Bono really annoy me. He goes to hell and back to avoid paying tax. He has a special accountant. He works out Irish tax loopholes. And then he's asking me to buy a well for an African village. "Tarmac the road outside your house, you tight-wad!'

Norton Hits Out At Bono's Tax Dodge | Contactmusic.com

Analyzer

johnnypockets

Honestly, is this the first you have heard about this?

valamhic

The song "ONE" was a good song. The rest mediocre and Beautiful day reminded me of the start to old come all yas, " Come all you young maidens and listen to me" " Don't marry a farmer till you know what his worth will be"

He won't pay tax in Ireland yet influences government policy more than any 1000 citizens who live here and do pay tax and vote.

valamhic

The fault is not Bono, every man tries to steal an edge. (forgive the pun). Its the government who feel so insecure in their own skin that they bow their hats to him.

darkhorse

Yeah, it's time Bono was called out on his BS. More of a globalist mouthpiece now than a musician
Even the old DM article admits that the charity is a campaigning and lobbying organisation and not designed to give direct handouts

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies