Bono throws his Hat in the Ring for Abortion-is this the start of a Celebrity Campaign to swing it?

Catalpast

They must be getting desperate!

Looks like the pro Abortion campaigners are going to start wheeling in 'Celebrities' of a certain age to try and swing this Thing for them.

Showing Respect for those who disagree with him he states:

In a wide-ranging one-to-one late last year, when speaking about the united fight he sees in women - given the recent marches and movements, he growled approvingly "Get out of the f****** way!"

And
"Telling women what to do with their bodies is unacceptable, and I think Irish people know that."
Asked if he will make his voice heard nearer the time, Bono said: "I don't know," adding, "they may not want my placard up there. 'It's OK, Bono, we've got this one!'," he said in joking reference to his daughters and other women telling him they can handle the campaign without him.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/abortion-referendum/jordan-hewson-lends-her-voice-to-repeal-campaign-36855017.html

TBH I expect of such 'celebrities' to be drafted in to this over the next few weeks

Does anyone know of others who have thrown their hat in the ring over this?

Mind you they may not have a Hat as Big

- as the one that fits around Bono's head!

BONO

Vega1447

Looks like the pro Abortion campaigners are going to start wheeling in 'Celebrities' of a certain age to try and swing this Thing for them.

In a wide-ranging one-to-one late last year, when speaking about the united fight he sees in women - given the recent marches and movements, he growled approvingly "Get out of the f****** way!"

And
"Telling women what to do with their bodies is unacceptable, and I think Irish people know that."
Asked if he will make his voice heard nearer the time, Bono said: "I don't know," adding, "they may not want my placard up there. 'It's OK, Bono, we've got this one!'," he said in joking reference to his daughters and other women telling him they can handle the campaign without him.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/abortion-referendum/jordan-hewson-lends-her-voice-to-repeal-campaign-36855017.html

TBH I expect of such 'celebrities' to be drafted in to this over the next few weeks

Hmm.

You don't like Mr. Hewson? Fair enough.

He's right when he says "Telling women what to do with their bodies is unacceptable" though.

Repeal the 8th.

owedtojoy

Is there an Irrelevant Question Category we could dump this into?

Oh, yeah, Zoo.

Catalpast

Hmm.

He's right when he says "Telling women what to do with their bodies is unacceptable" though.

Repeal the 8th.
He is entitled to express his viewpoint as the next Irish Citizen who lives here and pays his Taxes.....:cool:

Catalpast

Is there an Irrelevant Question Category we could dump this into?

Oh, yeah, Zoo.
Its an article from a National Newspaper

- who obviously consider it newsworthy

- why should it be sent to the Zoo

Maybe this is what you were thinking of....

The Zoo TV Tour (also written as ZooTV, ZOO TV or ZOOTV) was a worldwide concert tour by rock band U2.

Rock Band?:shock: duh uh ....er ok!:)

but seriously expect a lot more of this in the weeks to come....

Cellachán Chaisil

And

BONO
Celebrities of a certain age? What, you mean like certain doctors of divinity?

Vega1447

But abortion is doing something to someone else's body.
The 8th Amendment is about controlling women - telling them whether they have to continue a pregnancy irrespective of their own wishes.

Fvcking medieval.

On this one issue, Hewson is right.

fat finger

Hmm.

Repeal the 8th.

Why is it unacceptable to tell people what they can or cannot do with their bodies?
There are already numerous instances in our legal code about what people cannot do with their bodies (generally actions that affect other people) and we haven't heard Bono complaining about that, proving once again that no hat is too big for Bono to talk through

GDPR

Hmm.

Repeal the 8th.
Is he? Does that mean that you support legalizing heroin? What is your stance on the Pro-Ana movement?

Vega1447

Is he? Does that mean that you support legalizing heroin? What is your stance on the Pro-Ana movement?
I do indeed support legalising drug use - criminalising it has been a disaster.

OT though.

Vega1447

Why is it unacceptable to tell people what they can or cannot do with their bodies?
There are already numerous instances in our legal code about what people cannot do with their bodies (generally actions that affect other people) and we haven't heard Bono complaining about that, proving once again that no hat is too big for Bono to talk through
Disingenuous. Choosing not to continue a pregnancy is solely a decision for the woman herself.

Spirit Of Newgrange

Yesterday's fading popstar seeks attention. Say hello to Geldof from your millionaire tax-dodging mansion.

nothing to see here.

Analyzer

he says "Telling women what to do with their bodies is unacceptable" .
I want to know is it as "unacceptable" as telling people what to do with their income taxes ????

Eventualities

This is Bono covertly trying to swing it for the No crowd, isn't it?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies