• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Bono wants to help US vice President find his Irish roots !!!!

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Isn't it great to see the great and the good coming to Ireland's rescue and of course Dr Sir O'Reilly's toilet papers highlighting their efforts in such a good cause :lol: Or is more like brass neck gobsh!tery. Dutch tax exile Bono revealed thaat he wants to introduce US VP Joe Binden to his local publican because they share thhe same surname. "He's a Finnegan. His mother was a Finnegan, which is the name of my local pub, so I have to introduce him to my local publican," Bono claims.

And it should also be pointed out that this great opportunity for Ireland has come about due to Binden attending a ceremony for another great hero of our jet set tax exiles - JP McManus.

So folks, is there any level of gobsh!tery that this state and the parasites that run it wouldn't drop to ?

Bono to help VP Biden find his roots - National News - Independent.ie

Marcos the black

"Bono trying to keep his name in papers" more like....

Druidess

That pratt Bono should keep his mouth shut. He is a national and international embarrassment. As someone once said 'there are probably things more annoying than being hectored about African Aid by a rich Irish pop star wearing a cowboy hat, but right now I can't think of them.'

Mackers

I wonder if anyone, anywhere, would look up his antecedence with a view to getting rid of the boy wonder.

Analyzer

Any chance that the Bonox might try to find a route to the Irish tax system ?

EUrJokingMeRight

A small man.

RobertW

He just likes hanging around with prominent world leaders - Blair, Bush, Biden, Obama etc...

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
He just likes hanging around with prominent world leaders - Blair, Bush, Biden, Obama etc...
And what about Enda and Bertie !!!!!

Analyzer

carruthers

While Nobo has an ego the size of a large African nation, he has done a great deal of good over the years. Not a great fan but we should not discount this entirely.

ShankillFalls

How dare he be successful based on his own hard work? Ridiculous. And then to be allowed to speak? What is the world coming to? Thankfully the good folk here can always be relied upon to put him down and make out that everyone hates him..... The million people who saw their last tour might disagree with you....

ItsEvolution

I think Biden already knows his roots, being a finnegan myself I was interested in the matter and I believe Bidens mothers ancestors came from the Cooley/carlingford area.

Niall996

How does Biden come from Finnegan. I would never have spotted a link there.

On Bono. Look, for crying out loud, he's just a Dublin bloke who happened to be part of a band from Ireland that happened to become the biggest band in the world. I went to three of their concerts and they put on a brilliant show. What's there to criticise about that. Plus, he's always been a humanitarian and a liberal. You can't knock that. Whatever about his personality, that's just who is is.

Although I do struggle to understand what on earth he and Ali are doing in a Loius Vitton advert!

Hewson

How does Biden come from Finnegan. I would never have spotted a link there.

On Bono. Look, for crying out loud, he's just a Dublin bloke who happened to be part of a band from Ireland that happened to become the biggest band in the world. I went to three of their concerts and they put on a brilliant show. What's there to criticise about that. Plus, he's always been a humanitarian and a liberal. You can't knock that. Whatever about his personality, that's just who is is.

Although I do struggle to understand what on earth he and Ali are doing in a Loius Vitton advert!
The money went to charity.

Niall996

The money went to charity.
It may well have but Bono has plenty of money to give to charity. He is endorsing what is a ultra high luxury good beloved by a certain type of consumer who has no compunction about parading such a product publicly when so many are suffering. Bad move in my view. Uncharacteristic I would say.

carruthers

It may well have but Bono has plenty of money to give to charity. He is endorsing what is a ultra high luxury good beloved by a certain type of consumer who has no compunction about parading such a product publicly when so many are suffering. Bad move in my view. Uncharacteristic I would say.
I don't know about that. Perhaps some will see it as bad PR but the recipients will thank them for it. Fair dues and maybe it'll become a trend among the great and good seeing millions pour into charities rather than a stars already bloated bank a/c.

Popular Threads

Most Replies