Booze, boobs and brains

ger12

ger12

That link isn't working, Einstein.:lol:
Oh yes it is .... Our first example of the shrinking hippocampus. petunia

D

Deleted member 17573

Oh yes it is .... Our first example of the shrinking hippocampus. petunia
No - I can't open it, must be the glass of wine I had on Saturday. How do boobs feature in this, as a matter of academic interest?

silverharp

boobs fire up more neurons which repairs the damage?

ger12

eoghanacht

Legalise the weed.

D

Deleted member 17573

I'm getting very sceptical of all these "causes of illness" studies and reports. Their approach is far too simplistic in that it is frequently based on one to one correlations when other factors have not been properly considered. In fact I don't think it's possible, with all the complexities of the physical, psychological and behavioural factors that would need to be tracked, to carry out reliable scientific research on such matters.
Sure smoking is bad, over-eating too, excessive alcohol consumption is a problem, but to suggest that we can establish that very moderate drinking, sugar consumption or eating red meat cause X, Y and Z diseases is just bad science.

GDPR

I have longed believed that a lot of the problems seen as identifying of Northern Ireland could easily be solved by just rigorously banning alcohol.

ger12

I'm getting very sceptical of all these "causes of illness" studies and reports. Their approach is far too simplistic in that it is frequently based on one to one correlations when other factors have not been properly considered. In fact I don't think it's possible, with all the complexities of the physical, psychological and behavioural factors that would need to be tracked, to carry out reliable scientific research on such matters.
Sure smoking is bad, over-eating too, excessive alcohol consumption is a problem, but to suggest that we can establish that very moderate drinking, sugar consumption or eating red meat cause X, Y and Z diseases is just bad science.
:lol:

Yet ya believe there's a fella in the clouds ready to whisk ya up to a heaven...

ger12

eoghanacht

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies