Border checks inside UK

McSlaggart

EU confirms there will be border checks inside UK under Brexit deal, contradicting Boris Johnson’s false claim

Michel Barnier says there will be ‘checks and controls’ on GB-NI trade after keeping quiet during election campaign

This has major implications for goods produced in northern Ireland. It may bring inward investment if we can get the uk to offer the same terms as the south? If not then northern Ireland will have all the disadvantages without any advantages.

Mickeymac

EU confirms there will be border checks inside UK under Brexit deal, contradicting Boris Johnson’s false claim

Michel Barnier says there will be ‘checks and controls’ on GB-NI trade after keeping quiet during election campaign

This has major implications for goods produced in northern Ireland. It may bring inward investment if we can get the uk to offer the same terms as the south? If not then northern Ireland will have all the disadvantages without any advantages.

Hardly breaking news McS, I have been reading for three years now there is no such thing as a GOOD BREXIT.

Talk Back

So-called northern Ireland doesn't exist anymore - except on paper.

A country is defined by its border - where its border begins and where it ends.

Ireland's border is back in the Irish Sea.

The Unionists are our bitches now.

Last edited:

michael-mcivor

If Boris makes a announcement then like a Trump announcement look the other way- are they both the same person having us on-

Dame_Enda

Boris said during the campaign that the checks only apply to NI exports if they are headed to the EU. There was talk of NI goods being transported to Stranraer for checking.

Unless something changes in the trade talks during the transition period, I dont see the special arrangements for NI changing, particularly with such a large Tory majority. The ERG stood up to the DUP on this question last year, showing the 'Mainland' UK comes first for them. The DUP have lost their leverage.

Last edited:

McSlaggart

Boris said during the campaign that the checks only apply to NI exports if they are headed to the EU. There was talk of NI goods being transported to Stranraer for checking.

Unless something changes in the trade talks during the transition period, I dont see the special arrangements for NI changing, particularly with such a large Tory majority. The ERG stood up to the DUP on this question last year, showing the 'Mainland' UK comes first for them. The DUP have lost their leverage.

I do not understand the DUP. They should be protesting about the way brexit will be implemented.

Popular Threads

Most Replies