Border Fox in church shock

abitmoldy

Sunday, February 24, 2008

By Alan Murray

The notorious former republican terrorist dubbed the 'Border Fox' has been attending Gospel meetings.

Reliable sources say Dessie O'Hare - who is suspected of up to 30 murders - is professing to be "saved".

But his presence at meetings of a small Protestant congregation in south Armagh is causing distress to relatives of his victims living in the area.

The ex-IRA and INLA man is also reported to have attended prayer meetings in Dundalk in recent weeks.

It is understood that while O'Hare's presence has caused unease within the tightly knit south Armagh congregation, leaders of the religious community are prepared to allow him to continue to worship with them.

No-one connected with the group was prepared to speak about O'Hare's presence at their meeting last week.

But one Church source in the area, who did not want to be identified, said: "My understanding is that Mr O'Hare has become a Christian believer and has attended religious services recently".

But one local man, whose close relative was shot dead by republicans, said: "I have been told that O'Hare attended a prayer meeting in this area recently and it has caused upset among victims,

"It is causing a lot of hurt. This has happened before with terrorists supposedly finding salvation and becoming 'born again' but the victims and their relatives find it hard to accept that such wicked people can be reformed".

Henry Joy

Will he be known as The Border Lamb from now on?

PAUL MEYER

Henry Joy said:
Will he be known as The Border Lamb from now on?
Well one thing is for ceratin, when Dessie eventually meets his maker, he's in for a long interview!

I'm not surprised by this though, I always thought he was a nutcase.

jerryp

Only a matter of time before himself and Willie McCrea bring out a cd together !

Alliance

Well if he's found God, then I suppose that's postive. Though I wouldn't trust the guy as far as I could throw him.

On the other hand it must be odd for the members of the congregation to have a man in their midst who not too long ago was shooting at them. A sure test of ones Christian forgiveness.

Finbar

Alliance said:
Well if he's found God, then I suppose that's postive. Though I wouldn't trust the guy as far as I could throw him.

On the other hand it must be odd for the members of the congregation to have a man in their midst who not too long ago was shooting at them. A sure test of ones Christian forgiveness.
Ain't that the truth.

L'Chaim

I'd say his Gospel meetings and being 'saved' is all based in guilt over the terrible things he's done in his past. If he did what he is alleged to have done then the guilt could be terrible to bear. I have heard of people in history who did dreadful things and when they get older they turn to God to try and find forgiveness and ease the guilt. And if it works dor them well and good. But I can't imagine the guilt will be fully eased until he asks forgiveness of the people he's harmed and who were affected by the things he did. In Judaism on Yom Kippur you say a prayer asking for forgiveness from God, but in the days leading up to it you pray asking for forgiveness of people and you ask forgiveness of any people you may have caused hurt or sorrow to. The reason behind this is that you can't ask forgiveness from God until you've asked for forgiveness from people first. So if Dessie O'Hare is feeling guilty over the terrible things he's done in the past, I don't believe he'll feel forgiven by God until he asks for forgiveness of all the people he's hurt or caused pain to in the past.

markeys

I like to think that God will make him endure the pain he put all those poor souls through.

bogtrotter

Dosen't blair and Bush attend religious cermonies and they surely murdered a lot more innocent people than Dessie O' Hare...lets move on...

markeys

Yes, you'd like if we all moved on and forgot the murderers that shamed our country.

bogtrotter

What murders are you talking about...the Dublin/Monaghan bombings? or the murder of field marshal Henry Wilson by Collins.

L'Chaim

bogtrotter said:
What murders are you talking about...the Dublin/Monaghan bombings? or the murder of field marshal Henry Wilson by Collins.
Maybe he's talking about the murder of a part time UDR member in front of her 3 year old daughter. or maybe he's talking about kidnapping a dentist who had nothing to do with the troubles and holding him for ransom and chopping off two of the dentist's fingers with a hammer and a chisel. And in a call to the police he said "...now I'm going to chop him into bits and pieces and send fresh lumps of him every f**king day until I get my money". Dessie O'Hare is/was a scumbag who even had to be separated from republicans in Portlaoise prison because he brought the Republican movement into disrepute. That's on top of all the other dreadful things he's supposed to have done. He has a lot to ask forgiveness for.

L'Chaim said:
Maybe he's talking about the murder of a part time UDR member
UDR members were never off duty. Republicans were totally justified in taking the war to the UDR at home in much the same way that the UDR/RUC/British army had no respect for republicans homes.

st333ve

Before everyone starts i already know everyone is going to say so i'll say it for you to save everyone reading the same old crap all over again......

Look at those pesky Republicans done, sure the Orange state was merely treating them scum shoving their familes into shabby rundown buildings denying them a vote, job or proper home, persecuting killing, excluding and harassing them since 1921.
And those barbarians decided to hold peaceful demonstrations against this great democratic state?

Im shocked it turned into a dirty war, i just dont understand how all this happened, surely these people were just all evil monsters, how dare they oppose the state ofcourse they would get shot for holding pickets against the glorious british repressive anti-catholic state!
Monsters!,It must be genetics that only exist in the north east

Joe Ryan

bogtrotter said:
Dosen't blair and Bush attend religious cermonies and they surely murdered a lot more innocent people than Dessie O' Hare...lets move on...
Quite appropriate he'd find god, did Bush not claim god told him ot invade Iraq, did Blair not join him in a prayer at one meeting?

Given that Dundalk is not a million miles from Darkley I can well understand some peoples concerns at the pauline conversion.

OldDog

Unbeatable South Derry said:
[quote="L'Chaim":240t4iu5]
Maybe he's talking about the murder of a part time UDR member
UDR members were never off duty. Republicans were totally justified in taking the war to the UDR at home in much the same way that the UDR/RUC/British army had no respect for republicans homes.[/quote:240t4iu5]

Really? What about when they were shopping at tescos? Or on a date? Dropping the kids off to school? No? Still on duty eh?
So by your rationale, they were never off duty? I guess they could claim a lot of overtime then.

And your rationale is based on the fact that republican and loyalist terrorists were arrested in their homes and their homes were searched?
I see, thats fair.

So how many searches and arrests did the paramilitaries carry out? I guess you can't count abductions as arrests can you? So how many UDR/RUC/BA prisoners were released by the IRA? Oh how stupid of me, they all just disappeared. (After torture and interrogation).

I'm sorry Unbeatable South Derry, but I think assasinating (or as decent people would call it, murdering) off duty police and soldiers is despicable. Leaving bombs under their vehicles, shooting them in front of their familes etc,... its below contempt. I don't care who does it or why,.. its despicable.

These are real peoples lives destroyed, they are loved ones of someone and when you murder them, you strike out at all who care for them, their children, their lovers, their parents and their friends.
Your villianous little comment is completely blase' in its disregard for the real consquences of violence and murder. It poisons the next generation.

I have always avoided direct criticism and singling out of individuals on P.IE, but for a cretinous, poisonous, twisted little excuse for vermin like you, who has not a shred of respect for human life within your greasy furry little hide (yes the rodent analogy is not accidental), I am more than happy to make an exception. :evil:

Moderators, if you want to delete or remove this post, I'll not begrudge you and understand.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies