Boris Johnson duped by prank call

bagel

According to The Guardian newspaper, pranksters Lexus and Vovan made a phone call to UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnston during which one of the pranksters impersonated the Armenian prime minister. The pranksters are believed to have links to the Russian security services and the UK believes the Kremlin is behind the prank.

Although the call lasted 18 minutes, UK diplomatic sources are attempting damage limitation by claiming "Boris rumbled them pretty quickly and ended the call", "Mr Johnson does not appear to have revealed any sensitive information" and "The Foreign Secretary realised it was a hoax and ended the call".

Source: http://https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/uk-believes-kremlin-behind-prank-call-to-foreign-secretary-boris-johnson-36943079.html

firefly123

Alternative headline

Boris Johnson duped by inanimate carbon rod

firefly123

According to The Guardian newspaper, pranksters Lexus and Vovan made a phone call to UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnston during which one of the pranksters impersonated the Armenian prime minister. The pranksters are believed to have links to the Russian security services and the UK believes the Kremlin is behind the prank.

Although the call lasted 18 minutes, UK diplomatic sources are attempting damage limitation by claiming "Boris rumbled them pretty quickly and ended the call", "Mr Johnson does not appear to have revealed any sensitive information" and "The Foreign Secretary realised it was a hoax and ended the call".

Source: http://https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/uk-believes-kremlin-behind-prank-call-to-foreign-secretary-boris-johnson-36943079.html
I get the feeling Johnson isn't given any sensitive information in the first place

APettigrew92

I see we've reverted to "There is a Communist under the bed" level of discussion in British political circles.

I wonder how the Russians feel about all this.

They seem to be the main cause of all these woes of the West as of late. Trump being elected, Brexit and now a supposedly intelligent man being duped for 18 minutes by a bunch of amateurs with a phone.

In future, should I fail any exam due to my incompetence, I will make sure to blame the Russians on it.

firefly123

I see we've reverted to "There is a Communist under the bed" level of discussion in British political circles.

They seem to be the main cause of all these woes of the West as of late. Trump being elected, Brexit and now a supposedly intelligent man being duped for 18 minutes by a bunch of amateurs with a phone.

In future, should I fail any exam due to my incompetence, I will make sure to blame the Russians on it.
The bigger concern is the bloody foreign office allowed the call through.
I can almost forgive the human equivalent of a highland cow his mistake

raetsel

The pranksters are actually Russians though. Their identities are known and they have pulled these pranks before, including one on Elton John. Whether they are just having a laugh or are working to a more sinister agenda is debatable of course. Stuff like this is so harmless that it is hard to imagine that Putin is behind it. It doesn't achieve anything other than showing up the targets as fools. It is not as if Boris Johnson's reputation in that regard isn't already irredeemable.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/24/russian-pranksters-discuss-putin-and-skripal-in-call-with-boris-johnson
Alexei Stolyarov and Vladimir Kuznetsov, known by their prankster monikers Lexus and Vovan, have claimed a number of high-profile victims, including posing as the Ukrainian president, Petro Poroshenko, in a call with the Turkish leader, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. They also spoke with Elton John while pretending to be Vladimir Putin.

Outlaw103

When asked if the Russians were responsible for poisoning Skripal he said:

"We're pretty sure"

"We're pretty, we're pretty, I can tell you we are pretty sure, its like almost 100% sure"

:lol:

blinding

Who would anyone tell Boris anything ? Lucky he didn’t threaten to ‘ OFF “ Putin or someone / anyone !

Bea C

HIGNFY had a tweet yesterday, how did they phrase it, 'prank call didn't work out after pranksters refused to believe they were talking to the real Foreign Secretary'

Deadlock

HIGNFY had a tweet yesterday, how did they phrase it, 'prank call didn't work out after pranksters refused to believe they were talking to the real Foreign Secretary'

Oh that "pranksters refused to believe" just takes beating ...

Northsideman

I'd love if someone rang Leo pretending to be his mate Justin Trudeau, that would be worth recording, the mutual rimming:D

McTell

Twitter
No
I'd love if someone rang Leo pretending to be his mate Justin Trudeau, that would be worth recording, the mutual rimming:D

It's called the queens' english.

As distinct from the Queen's english.

petunia

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies