Boris Johnson - the worst Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs ever?

Degeneration X

Is the Rt. Hon Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson MP the worst Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs ever?

Boris is being widely reported as been seen as a joke by the US under Trump, the UK and the EU.

Even Donald Trump's officials 'think Boris Johnson is a joke' - Mirror Online

Boris Johnson Ridiculed As 'A Joke' By Trump White House, EU Diplomats And UK Officials | HuffPost UK

Theresa May backs Boris Johnson amid claims he is seen as a 'joke' by diplomats | The Independent

He allegedly has been called lazy with a short attention span and intelligence chiefs and his foreign interlocutors do not trust him with state secrets.

So is Boris the worst foreign secretary of all time?

GDPR

Is the Rt. Hon Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson MP the worst Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs ever?

Boris is being widely reported as been seen as a joke by the US under Trump, the UK and the EU.

Boris Johnson Ridiculed As 'A Joke' By Trump White House, EU Diplomats And UK Officials | HuffPost UK

Theresa May backs Boris Johnson amid claims he is seen as a 'joke' by diplomats | The Independent

He allegedly has been called lazy with a short attention span and intelligence chiefs and his foreign interlocutors do not trust him with state secrets.

In my lifetime, yes. I am not sure of all the historical Foreign Secretaries.

He's not even funny anymore. I wish he'd go away.

HarshBuzz

he didn't construct an alliance that sucked Britain into a World War, which led to its historical decline...take a bow Lord Grey

Boris seems more into deconstructing alliances :p

between the bridges

Trump's just jealous of Bazza's hair....

GDPR

he didn't construct an alliance that sucked Britain into a World War, which led to its historical decline...take a bow Lord Grey

Boris seems more into deconstructing alliances :p
If the opportunity would have arisen I am sure Boris would have sucked Britain into a World War, deliberately or not. So long as it suited his ambitions (as Brexit did).

PBP voter

David Miliband was one the worst.

Robin Cook was a farce.

But Michael Stewart was responsible for the death of millions in Africa with his arms sales. He was the worst post WW2.

Degeneration X

Clanrickard

At a time when they need a steady hand at the tiller they have this guy. Has the smarts but can't resist being a smart alec.

Wascurito

He's an amiable eccentric who was good as a figurehead kind of persona when Mayor of London.

I think he's out of his depth now though.

Catalpast

The Mandarins in the FO keep him on a tight leash

- he is a good Diplomat IMO on the Embassy Party circuit

But not a great negotiator

- he knows his limits and plays accordingly...

Prof Honeydew

Not that he has astounded the world with his diplomatic brilliance but the BoJo hatchet jobs are coming from The Times and The Sun, both of them owned by Rupert Murdoch. With a lame duck Prime Minister and a Tory Party Conference in six weeks time, is it possible Murdoch is now trying to install his own favourite in 10 Downing Street?

Swotty Gove has been hanging very close to the Dirty Digger's coat-tails but it isn't certain yet if he's to be the anointed one. Not exactly gifted in the charisma department - in fact, you could almost say he's thoroughly dislikeable - but, then, look at what he's up against at the moment. David Davis? Liam Fox? Philip Hammond? Jacob Rees-Mogg? Cease, gentle jester, ere I split my sides with merrriment.

We might get a clearer picture over the next few weeks once we sift through the reams of character assassination oozing from the Fleet Street slime.

petaljam

He's an amiable eccentric who was good as a figurehead kind of persona when Mayor of London.

I think he's out of his depth now though.
If he'd been content just to be a figurehead mayor of London he'd have been ok. Unfortunately he would insist on leaving a legacy, like his Boris Bus or the Emirates cable car that nobody ever takes.

brughahaha

On a global level Kissinger has got to be the worst of all time .....

I presume the thread is yet another lashing out of a remoaner .......ho hum

No Boris is an eejit but the HOC and indeed the Dail is full of eejits but he's not the worst of all time ( straw was awful...an utter hypocrite )

Notachipanoaktree

Isn't it wonderful.

Karma breaking out all over the world.

Just waiting for all the Neoliberals/ Radical Feminists/ Corkies to burst into flames.... in a safe place.

jvghan

Left Wing newspapers quoting minor officals, must be true.

Almost as bad as people saying he's thick, yet left Balliol College with an upper second-class degree and is able to speak Latin, French, Italian, German and Spanish.

Hmmm. Nothing to do with him being a popular figure on the right-wing would it.

Vega1447

On a global level Kissinger has got to be the worst of all time .....

I presume the thread is yet another lashing out of a remoaner .......ho hum

No Boris is an eejit but the HOC and indeed the Dail is full of eejits but he's not the worst of all time ( straw was awful...an utter hypocrite )
Kissinger was evil, not incompetent.

Johnson is incompetent, lazy and transparently motivated exclusively by self-interest.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies