Boris to be London Mayor

sandar

Well-known member
Joined
May 26, 2007
Messages
1,831
NeilW said:
sandar said:
It really isnt worth labouring the point any more. I'll just leave with one question - are you somehow under the illusion that Boris will take the ELL back in-house?
Nope but he is not pretending that he will, he is straight about his intentions, Ken has a record of backtracking on a wide variety of issues, saying one thing at election time and another thing another time, I have shownn exmaples of this above.
 


Squire Allworthy

Well-known member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
1,404
From BBC

1600 With 40% of votes counted in London Boris Johnson is ahead on first preference votes in 9 out of the 14 London assembly regions. There is no indication yet of where people's second preferences are going. They of course are likely to prove crucial if Johnson fails to get more than 50% of first preferences.
 
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
37
Re: Boris the Bafoon to be London Mayor

Keith-M said:
Boris is a character but he's politically sound; a good unapologetic Thatcherite.
The position doesn't have that much power, it's mainly about planning and transport so it doesn't really matter if he is Thaterite or not.
 

ManOfReason

Well-known member
Joined
May 24, 2007
Messages
4,286
Re: Boris the Bafoon to be London Mayor

Sligoboy said:
Aindriu said:
Keith-M said:
Boris is a character but he's politically sound; a good unapologetic Thatcherite.
A twat then :roll:
He's beyond twatdom, hes the very caricture of a bumbling toff who yelps out of the side of his mouth whilst sucking on marbles.
Aah...an improvment over Red Ken then. :)
 

david

Active member
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
190

KingKane

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 19, 2003
Messages
2,323
Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
Squire Allworthy said:
From BBC

1600 With 40% of votes counted in London Boris Johnson is ahead on first preference votes in 9 out of the 14 London assembly regions. There is no indication yet of where people's second preferences are going. They of course are likely to prove crucial if Johnson fails to get more than 50% of first preferences.
Have to say the play by play coverage of the voting is truly awful. Get a few tallymen in there and we'd have had a projected % by lunchtime.
 

sandar

Well-known member
Joined
May 26, 2007
Messages
1,831
KingKane said:
Squire Allworthy said:
From BBC

1600 With 40% of votes counted in London Boris Johnson is ahead on first preference votes in 9 out of the 14 London assembly regions. There is no indication yet of where people's second preferences are going. They of course are likely to prove crucial if Johnson fails to get more than 50% of first preferences.
Have to say the play by play coverage of the voting is truly awful. Get a few tallymen in there and we'd have had a projected % by lunchtime.
yEAH MORE FUN AS WELL...tALLYMEN ARE ONE THE FEATURES OF iRISH lIFE THAT I HOPE Never changes
 

KingKane

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 19, 2003
Messages
2,323
Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
I got this from the guardian blog (how very round about of me)

From the ConservativeHome's blog:

We've been texted approximate, unofficial interims from the London count...

* Ealing & Hill - 48% counted, Boris about 50% Ken about 35%
* West Central - 42% counted, Boris about 60% Ken about 30%
* South West - 44% counted, Boris about 50% Ken about 35%
* Lambeth & Southwark - 46% counted, Boris about 30% Ken about 50%
* Croydon & Sutton - 43% counted, Boris about 50% Ken about 30%
* Merton & Wandsworth - 40% counted, Boris about 50% Ken about 35%

KK comment - Those would be outer districts/wards that would favour Boris and there are 14 areas in total. The interesting thing is that it suggest that B/K got 80/85% plus of the vote which means very little room for transfers to bridge it.
 

Aindriu

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
8,621
Re: Boris the Bafoon to be London Mayor

DOD said:
Aindriu said:
He's not a twat, a twat is useful. How he got that gorgeous wife of his is beyond me.
Money, that's how! Women are very transparent creatures where wealth is concerned.
How rich is he? I'm surviving on a grant, but I can still afford a haircut, why can't he?[/quote]
:lol: That made me chuckle :lol:
 

sandar

Well-known member
Joined
May 26, 2007
Messages
1,831
Good analysis KK, I wonder if west central is that far out though, the others certainly are, Lambeth is a fairly central ward as well. it would be in Kne's heartland I reckon it would include his old parliamentray constituency







KingKane said:
I got this from the guardian blog (how very round about of me)

From the ConservativeHome's blog:

We've been texted approximate, unofficial interims from the London count...

* Ealing & Hill - 48% counted, Boris about 50% Ken about 35%
* West Central - 42% counted, Boris about 60% Ken about 30%
* South West - 44% counted, Boris about 50% Ken about 35%
* Lambeth & Southwark - 46% counted, Boris about 30% Ken about 50%
* Croydon & Sutton - 43% counted, Boris about 50% Ken about 30%
* Merton & Wandsworth - 40% counted, Boris about 50% Ken about 35%

KK comment - Those would be outer districts/wards that would favour Boris and there are 14 areas in total. The interesting thing is that it suggest that B/K got 80/85% plus of the vote which means very little room for transfers to bridge it.
 

PlayItCool

New member
Joined
Apr 8, 2008
Messages
3
Re: Boris the Bafoon to be London Mayor

Aindriu said:
DOD said:
Aindriu said:
He's not a twat, a twat is useful. How he got that gorgeous wife of his is beyond me.
Money, that's how! Women are very transparent creatures where wealth is concerned.
How rich is he? I'm surviving on a grant, but I can still afford a haircut, why can't he?
:lol: That made me chuckle :lol:[/quote]

Ah, SOME women are no question attracted to money above all else but in his case you have to admit, he's funny and that's a BIG plus. He's also larger than life and ambitious - people say he's intelligent too. I'd imagine he's pretty charming. The charm factor really helps.

Anyway, in spite of all that, while I'd love to go for a drink with Boris, I'd prefer to give my vote to Ken.

But as I can't do any of the above, I'll get me coat. ;)
 

Squire Allworthy

Well-known member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
1,404
KingKane said:
I got this from the guardian blog (how very round about of me)

From the ConservativeHome's blog:

We've been texted approximate, unofficial interims from the London count...

* Ealing & Hill - 48% counted, Boris about 50% Ken about 35%
* West Central - 42% counted, Boris about 60% Ken about 30%
* South West - 44% counted, Boris about 50% Ken about 35%
* Lambeth & Southwark - 46% counted, Boris about 30% Ken about 50%
* Croydon & Sutton - 43% counted, Boris about 50% Ken about 30%
* Merton & Wandsworth - 40% counted, Boris about 50% Ken about 35%

KK comment - Those would be outer districts/wards that would favour Boris and there are 14 areas in total. The interesting thing is that it suggest that B/K got 80/85% plus of the vote which means very little room for transfers to bridge it.
Thanks for the figures, agree with you coverage is risible. The BBC election coverage generally has become a very sick parody. Lack of any real interest, no enthusiasm stupid snide remarks by a commentator who makes little efford to hide that he would rather be in bed. They need to ditch Dimbleby and the entire team and start again. Someone like Andrew Rawnsley and his approach would be much better. As for that buffoon and the swingomitor he would be better employed as a school lollipop man. It was awful to watch and as informative as as my grocery list.
 

Apparatchik

Active member
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
169
Re: Boris the Bafoon to be London Mayor

Aindriu said:
DOD said:
Aindriu said:
He's not a twat, a twat is useful. How he got that gorgeous wife of his is beyond me.
Money, that's how! Women are very transparent creatures where wealth is concerned.
How rich is he? I'm surviving on a grant, but I can still afford a haircut, why can't he?
My barber has a theory about this. It's a little understood phemomenon where voters don't go for bald guys. What's that about? I'm thinking of asking Richard Sinnott if I can do my PhD on it.
 

stopthetrain

Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2008
Messages
48
When Boris johnson wins the election for mayor of london , the british home secretary Mrs jaqui smith got a kick and cry out, about economic blockade, she's very beautiful and tolarant minister given her anticident in embracing mult-culturalism, and sometime lack common senses and in her speech, she sometime talk like, if i can meet them or win them i'll bite them with emotional kick inside. :lol:
 

stopthetrain

Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2008
Messages
48
stopthetrain said:
When Boris johnson wins the election for mayor of london , the british home secretary Mrs jaqui smith got a kick and cry out, about economic blockade, she's very beautiful and tolarant minister given her anticident in embracing mult-culturalism, and sometime lack common senses and in her speech, she sometime talk like, if i can meet them or win them i'll bite them with emotional kick inside. :lol:
Isn't it time for her to put her emotional defeat aside and give over ? ;)

Well i also have a pitty for the campaign director Tessa jowell for the lost, and i hope she knows the law of elections now. :lol:

I hope they come to the republic of ireland to conduct their elctoral power aswell most especially multi- racial aspect with high public jurisdictions. :D
 


New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top