Boy who was born and raised in Ireland - now in Co Kerry - wants to play for Poland!

Catalpast

Saw this on the RTE News last week and I admit I genuinely though I heard it wrong....

The young lad in question - Kacper Ciolek -was the first baby born in Cork University Hospital just 10 years ago

He lives with his Mother & sister in Kenmare Co Kerry

When asked would he like to play for Kerry (GAA)

- he replies he wants to play for 'Poland'

Do Poland have a GAA Team?:shock:

Its a bit staggering that integration has lost out to 'Diversity' once again!

He is only 10 years old so its hardly his fault

But it does leave one wondering if any attempt at all was ever made to make him feel he is Irish

- and not Polish....

https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2017/0331/864213-cork-university-maternity-hospital/

cricket

In all honesty, we have a team at FAI HQ chasing down Irish grannies all over the UK !

General Urko

I would be astonished if any lad of Nigerian or Polish heritage, born here, ever ends up playing for either of those countriesin soccer, though, one/two might end up playing for us!

Clanrickard

Saw this on the RTE News last week and I admit I genuinely though I heard it wrong....

The young lad in question - Kacper Ciolek -was the first baby born in Cork University Hospital just 10 years ago

But it does leave one wondering if any attempt at all was ever made to make him feel he is Irish

- and not Polish....

https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2017/0331/864213-cork-university-maternity-hospital/
For an Irish man to post this cr@p takes some neck................or bigotry.

Analyzer

Hopefully the kid will grow up and become enough of an adult to realise that chasing a polystyrene lump around a field is slightly ridiculous, if taken too seriously.

Casablanca

Has the OP seen any Irish soccer team for the last 40 years, FFS.

hollandia

Hopefully the kid will grow up and become enough of an adult to realise that chasing a polystyrene lump around a field is slightly ridiculous, if taken too seriously.
This has nothing to do with Enda Kenny.

Catalpast

That I want this young man to feel he is part of the Irish Nation

- and Ireland is his Home (being the Land of his Birth)

- makes one a Bigot?

Bit odd that....

hollandia

- makes one a Bigot?

Bit odd that....
Not odd in the slightest, when viewed against your posting history. That said, if he wants to play for Poland, let him if he's good enough. There were two poles and a Ghanaian in recent German teams. The Irish team is about fifty percent "foreign", and England recently had Owen Hargreaves - Canadian born, German raised midfielder.
One would presume on that basis, that cj stander should feck off back where he came from?
Eligibility rules are just that.

silverharp

there isnt an integration issue here.

Drogheda445

- makes one a Bigot?

Bit odd that....
Your logic falls a bit flat when you realise that most Ireland's soccer squads have been overwhelmingly made up of people born and raised oversees, often with even more distant connections to Ireland than this kid. Haven't seen you (or most Irish people) object to that fact.

Ah no, ah but, ah sure, that's different...

former wesleyan

I think the lad misunderstood the question, having seen it on the TeeVee.

Andrew49

Twitter
AndrewSB49
Saw this on the RTE News last week and I admit I genuinely though[t] I heard it wrong....

- and not Polish....

Cumann Warszawa is a GAA club in Warsaw, Poland. The club has joint hurling and football sessions once a week on Thursdays at Pole Mokotowskie near Pub Lolek at 7 pm and during the winter training takes place indoors at the nearby Stadion Skra at 18:15.

And flights between here and Poland are quite reasonably priced.

Sorted.

raspberry tea

For an ''Irish'' man,what are you implying by that , that he should be some die-hard-dickless-cuck-leftist-open-borders-extremist-who-supports-palestine-and-smokes-ganga??Grow up and see that the people that make up Ireland(thankfully) have different viewpoints,and should be accepted and argued if you oppose them...I think it's sad that a polish person born in ireland feels like this,if the poles feel like this even after being BORN in ireland,what hope is there for the pakistani and somalian community etc??It just goes to show diversity is a false god and doesn't work anywhere,not even in London,as we have seen recently with the westminster attack,not to mention all the other attempted terrorist plots there too!!

hollandia

For an ''Irish'' man,what are you implying by that , that he should be some die-hard-dickless-cuck-leftist-open-borders-extremist-who-supports-palestine-and-smokes-ganga??Grow up and see that the people that make up Ireland(thankfully) have different viewpoints,and should be accepted and argued if you oppose them...I think it's sad that a polish person born in ireland feels like this,if the poles feel like this even after being BORN in ireland,what hope is there for the pakistani and somalian community etc??It just goes to show diversity is a false god and doesn't work anywhere,not even in London,as we have seen recently with the westminster attack,not to mention all the other attempted terrorist plots there too!!
All it shows is that a ten year old born of polish parents supports the polish football team. Literally nothing to see here. Nothing even remotely related to the issues raised in your trigger word laden rant.

Last edited:

raspberry tea

All it shows is that a term year old born of polish parents supports the polish football team. Literally nothing to see here. Nothing even remotely related to the issues raised in your trigger word laden rant.
Nothing to see here?Just like the westminster attacks?Nothing to see right?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies