• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Boycott Israel Campaign

rhonda15

Last edited:

physicist

rhonda15

So if there's a good from say Intel or IBM without a #729 barcode, a good which may've been made in Ireland or somewhere else would that be okay?
not really Intel and IBM have major facilities in Israel - they have a policy to have significant trade with that country

It is impossible to boycott eveything but as I said everyone should be able to pick a few brands.

physicist

not really Intel and IBM have major facilities in Israel - they have a policy to have significant trade with that country

It is impossible to boycott eveything but as I said everyone should be able to pick a few brands.
Intel and IBM are two of the most prominant companies in their field ... do you know alternatives to Intel and IBM for example that don't have Israeli links?

rhonda15

Intel and IBM are two of the most prominant companies in their field ... do you know alternatives to Intel and IBM for example that don't have Israeli links?
not offhand

but i'm sure you could find some if you did some digging

dónal na geallaí

I know it's a bit weak and lazy but I'll boycott McDonalds and coke because they're p*ss awful anyway.Some of the others are a bit tricky,like Galil.I mean,I can't go around inspecting women's underwear.Even in a shop.Especially in a shop.

What about stuff in yer average Supervalu? Long time since I saw a carton of juice that said 'Buy me,I'm from Israel'. Back in the 70s oranges were from Spain- Franco,South Africa - Apartheid,Israel,Chile..it's a wonder we didn't all die of scurvy!

Raketemensch

An easy one is the baby potatoes from Israel that our supermarkets are full of. Why do we import potatoes from a friggin desert on the other side of the world anyway? It's incomprehensible.

zippo222

I know it's a bit weak and lazy but I'll boycott McDonalds and coke because they're p*ss awful anyway.Some of the others are a bit tricky,like Galil.I mean,I can't go around inspecting women's underwear.Even in a shop.Especially in a shop.

What about stuff in yer average Supervalu? Long time since I saw a carton of juice that said 'Buy me,I'm from Israel'. Back in the 70s oranges were from Spain- Franco,South Africa - Apartheid,Israel,Chile..it's a wonder we didn't all die of scurvy!
:eek:
I think I'll boycott Selfridges meself. What are you going to boycott yourself Rhonda ?

TheTipperaryMan

Bullsh*t.

Israel maintains a blockade on Gaza because the Hamas government is at war with Israel.
Hamas is a terrorist organisation with the jihadist ideology as Al-Qaeda and the Taliban with the goal of conquering Israel and killing all the Jews and creating a global Islamic Caliphate.
This terrorist organisation provoked war by deliberately rocketing Israeli civilians while using Palestinian civilians as human shields.
Israel had already withdrawn all its forces from Gaza and handed over sovereignty to the Palestinians who held an election.
Hamas won this election and set out to take total control of Gaza, massacring its Fatah opponents and throwing them off rooftops or summarily shooting them dead.
Hamas is currently the sole uncontested political grouping in Gaza and uses the area as a launch pad for terrorists attacks using tunnels under the border with Egypt to smuggle arms.

The Israeli navy maintains a blockade of Gazan ports to prevent the smuggling of arms to Hamas.

It interdicts all ships trying to break the blockade and screens all sea and land shipments of aid to prevent the import of weapons.

The flotilla that tried to break the blockade were legally boarded by Israeli commandos after repeatedly refuses to obey the commands to follow Israeli ships into port in Israel.

5 vessels were boarded and the crews peacefully obeyed the commando boarding parties.

The 6th vessel was manned by a mob of jihadist fanatics who attacked the commando boarding party with knives and guns forcing them to use lethal force against their attackers.

The excuses for these terrorists is laughable, hysterical and grotesque.

The leftists who demonise Israel and give their whole hearted support to the terrorists and to the Hamas government and ignore the thousands of rocket attacks that civilian Israelis have to endure is beneath contempt.

They know the nature of the Hamas government who are only part of the global jihadist movement who threaten the free democratic world.

Israel is one of only a few countries who do not have their head in the sand in this post 9/11 world when the evil of the Islamist extremists was is made plain by terrorism in America, Europe, Africa and Asia which have killed 100,000s of innocent people for decades.

Leftists think they can appease Islamists.

More fool them.

rhonda15

:eek:
I think I'll boycott Selfridges meself. What are you going to boycott yourself Rhonda ?
well I made a major sacrifice a few months ago - traded in a nokia (which i loved) for a samsung (which I'm not very happy with tbh) so I suffer everyday with my mobile ;)

i avoid Coca Cola like the plague, try to avoid Nestle and i try to stay away from major brands in general

eoghanacht

I depise Islamism. And I despise Israel's behaviour. It really isn't an either/or...
I wouldn't say i despise Islam, just the fundamentalists but i'd agree with the general gist of the statement. Insofar as i hate most extremists, be they Israeli or Muslim, oh and their apologists here on P.ie

toughbutfair

so you seriously think a few people in a tiny bankrupt country will make a difference when the major economy in the world supports them?

blinding

I will not be buying Israeli goods until they stop behaving like a rogue state.

It is very important that the general public are made aware of which products are from Israel or have any connections to Israel.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies