• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Boys Brigade equivalent to Dissident Republicans?

Cruimh

Jude Collins, the geriatric media commentator, has caused an upset by comparing the Boys Brigade to masked dissident republicans on twitter....

"a bit like" - aye, look at all those masks .....

Commentator Jude Collins called to apologise after

The Boys Brigade have called on a well-known media commentator to apologise after he made “grossly offensive and highly dangerous” comments comparing the organisation to children taking part in dissident Republican marches.

Jude Collins replied to images of a young girl and boy amongst masked republicans in the parade, which took place on Saturday, with an image of a Boys Brigade march and said “A bit like this, then.”
Outrage as media commentator Jude Collins 'compares' Boys Brigade to dissident republicans - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Of course, as seen at Tullyhommon, the republican movement have no problems targeting the Boys Brigade.... they saw them as legitimate targets: IRA planted second Remembrance Day bomb

That bomb was even larger than the one they used at Enniskillen to kill 11 people on the same day ....

In addition to the Enniskillen bombing on Remembrance Sunday, 1987, the IRA planted a seperate bomb in Tullyhommon. The device was four times the size of that in Enniskillen, but failed to explode.
I wonder if the DFM will have the neck to criticise Collins?

BBC NEWS | UK | Who knew about Enniskillen plans?

Enniskillen bomb: 'HET prevented from questioning Martin McGuinness' - BBC News

Last edited:

Cato

Boys brigade: is that a poor man's Scouts?

Jack O Neill

Boys brigade: is that a poor man's Scouts?
Nope just little nazis like Cruimh who used to graduate to UVF/LVF , hopefully these ones photographed wont end up been nutters who spend 24/7 on PIE

Marcella

" a bit like" is not "equivalent".

Now let everyone breathe out and ask themselves, why would a Christian 'Brigade' march and practice military drill ? A bit like is fair enough. Not the same but certainly a bit like.

There's no need for kids to be marching or carrying out drills of any description in my view.

Cato

" a bit like" is not "equivalent". Now let everyone breathe out and ask themselves, why would a Christian 'Brigade' march and practice military drill ? A bit like is fair enough. Not the same but certainly a bit like. There's no need for kids to be marching or carrying out drills of any description in my view.
I know that in the North there is a context in which drill may be problematic but there's nothing objectionable about youth organisations carrying out drills. I was in a marching band as a kid and drill in that context was fine, as it is was in the context of Scouting. In the latter it provides a little bit of discipline although Scouting today has very little drill associated with it (really only around flag break and the end of meetings).

Marcella

I know that in the North there is a context in which drill may be problematic but there's nothing objectionable about youth organisations carrying out drills. I was in a marching band as a kid and drill in that context was fine, as it is was in the context of Scouting. In the latter it provides a little bit of discipline although Scouting today has very little drill associated with it (really only around flag break and the end of meetings).
Well they also have military ranks such as Captain and Lance Corporal so they are a quasi military organisation. Couple this with drills, marches and devotion to the queen and comparisons albeit a qualified comparison is fair comment in my view.

Sword of Gideon

Why try to defend the undefensable, even Collins could not defend himself on Talkback, he tripped up on everything he said. At one point he even acussed a person of libel.
He looked his facts up on google and got them wrong. Wiki is not always your friend.

Cato

Well they also have military ranks such as Captain and Lance Corporal so they are a quasi military organisation. Couple this with drills, marches and devotion to the queen and comparisons albeit a qualified comparison is fair comment in my view.
I wasn't aware of the military ranks. Devotion to the queen? Really?

death or glory

Our Republican Bots are really losing grip with reality. No wonder SF cut their pay.
Criumh,
Sure I remember back in the day,
the rebs staged a protest against a Boy's Brigade parade in St Johnstone because they thought they were the orange order junior's or something.
These rebs love to castigate and dishonour a proud Christian organisation which causes no harm to anyone but stand idly by and celebrate Republican Terrorist parades for people that murdered and brutalised our country for the last 100 years.

Marcella

Criumh,
Sure I remember back in the day,
the rebs staged a protest against a Boy's Brigade parade in St Johnstone because they thought they were the orange order junior's or something.
These rebs love to castigate and dishonour a proud Christian organisation which causes no harm to anyone but stand idly by and celebrate Republican Terrorist parades for people that murdered and brutalised our country for the last 100 years.

Now there's a much better comparison with dissident marches involving kids.

Glaucon

Deliberately flaming OP. Collins had nothing to do with any paramilitary acts. His comparison can be debated but this is otherwise a complete non-story. Martin McGuinness won't be commenting, nor should he.

death or glory

Deliberately flaming OP. Collins had nothing to do with any paramilitary acts. His comparison can be debated but this is otherwise a complete non-story. Martin McGuinness won't be commenting, nor should he.
Glaucon,
the thing wrong here is you rebs attitude to Christian organisations and then think its comparable to Murderers and terrorists

Marcella

Glaucon

Glaucon,
the thing wrong here is you rebs attitude to Christian organisations and then think its comparable to Murderers and terrorists
It's not like the so-called Christian organisation you are part of would ever cavort with murderers and terrorists, eh DOG?

Nationalists won't be taking lessons from the likes of you any time soon.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies